2018 toughest schedules ranked

YoloinOhio

On 6/13/2018 at 12:22 PM, Willyville Guy said:

Probably my own biases, but UCLA's schedule does not strike me as more difficult than the schedules for Michigan, ND, and LSU.

UCLA's schedule is tough, but I don't think it is the toughest.

22 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

LSU’s schedule struck me as brutal when I looked at it 

Louisiana State has it very rough, even though they get Miami, Georgia & Alabama at home.

43 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

Michigan as three rivalry games on the road (ND, MSU, OSU), and two doozies at home (PSU, Wisky).  That's a handful if I've ever seen one.

I forgot we have ttun at home again this year. Whoa nelly. Hairball 0 for 4? I never ever would have predicted that. 

11 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I forgot we have ttun at home again this year. Whoa nelly. Hairball 0 for 4? I never ever would have predicted that. 

The entire run has been a dream come true ever since Tress said, “I can assure you that you will be proud of your young people in the classroom, in the community, and most especially in 310 days in Ann Arbor, Michigan.” It's gotta end sooner or later.

14 hours ago, Willyville Guy said:

Michigan has three rivalry games on the road (ND, MSU, OSU), and two doozies at home (PSU, Wisky).  That's a handful if I've ever seen one.

13 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

1 hour ago, Willyville Guy said:

The entire run has been a dream come true ever since Tress said, “I can assure you that you will be proud of your young people in the classroom, in the community, and most especially in 310 days in Ann Arbor, Michigan.” It's gotta end sooner or later.

Time for us to shock the world and go undefeated!

GO BLUE!!!

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

what's the first few weeks "two playoff contender" match-ups for this year, or is everyone playing a total cupcake until conference season begins??

Ohio State plays TCU at Jerry World on Sat night in week 3.  I think Clemson goes to A&M week 2. Michigan plays ND week 1.

Need to look up the rest. Texas plays usc again at some point. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/21/2018 at 9:08 AM, row_33 said:

what's the first few weeks "two playoff contender" match-ups for this year, or is everyone playing a total cupcake until conference season begins??

Week 1:

Auburn Vs. Washington. This is a very intriguing game. Big on a national level for both teams. Jarrett Stidham Vs. Jake Browning. Game is in Atlanta.

Louisiana State Vs. Miami. Are the Hurricanes for real? Can the Fighting Tigers still win big games like this? We'll see. Game is in Arlington/Jerry World.

Notre Dame Vs. Michigan. The old rivalry continued. Huge game for both teams. That is unless if Brian Kelly sees this as just a "regional rivalry".

Florida State Vs. Virginia Tech. Big early conference game.

Tennessee Vs. West Virginia. Big game for both teams. They may not be preseason Top 25, but this game could be important in the long run. Especially if the Mountaineers can win in Knoxville.

Week 2:

Stanford Vs. USC. Another big early conference game.

Texas A&M Vs. Clemson. May not be as big a game on a national level. However, it is a road game for the Tigers in a very raucous environment.

Arizona State Vs. Michigan State. Spartans travel to the desert in a late night game. Never an easy trip.

Week 3:

Auburn Vs. Louisiana State. Yet another big conference game.

Texas Christian Vs. Ohio State. On paper the Buckeyes should not have a difficult time in this game. It is in Fort Worth, and the Horned Frogs will be up for this. So we shall see.

Edited by Mark Vader
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, row_33 said:

Thanks Mark Vader, good to see a few good games each week early on.   A few years we’ve had only one.

You're welcome, and I agree with you. There are a few exciting games to see early this season.

The first 2-3 weeks is my favorite time of the college football season. I love seeing the match-ups of teams that almost never play against each other. Especially when they are strong teams, who aren't afraid to take on another powerhouse and prove that they should be National Championship contenders.

• Like (+1) 1

• 1 month later...

https://twitter.com/scottdochterman/status/1031688846814138369?s=21

CFB schedule facts:

11 B1G teams play at least 10 Power 5 foes, 12 if counting BYU as P5; 3 play 11

9 B12 teams play 10 P5 foes

8 P12 teams play 10/more P5, 10 if counting BYU

5 ACC teams play 10 P5; Notre Dame plays 10 P5

0 SEC teams play 10 P5 games; Arkansas plays 8 P5

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

https://twitter.com/scottdochterman/status/1031688846814138369?s=21

CFB schedule facts:

11 B1G teams play at least 10 Power 5 foes, 12 if counting BYU as P5; 3 play 11

9 B12 teams play 10 P5 foes

8 P12 teams play 10/more P5, 10 if counting BYU

5 ACC teams play 10 P5; Notre Dame plays 10 P5

0 SEC teams play 10 P5 games; Arkansas plays 8 P5

I will not argue with you about the Big 10. There are quite a few good teams in that conference and some of them are likely to beat each other up and affect the rankings.

As for conferences like the Pac 12, ACC, and the Big 12? Please. These conferences are weak in comparison to the SEC, wouldn't you say?

24 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I will not argue with you about the Big 10. There are quite a few good teams in that conference and some of them are likely to beat each other up and affect the rankings.

As for conferences like the Pac 12, ACC, and the Big 12? Please. These conferences are weak in comparison to the SEC, wouldn't you say?

I have no idea I just couldn’t get the tweet to embed so I pasted the text outside the link. I need to see some of the teams this year before I know how good the conferences will be. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.