RIP Danny Kirwan

T&C

I only read the link... dude was 68? That is not” Way to young” ... that is God Bless and hope he had a great life. 

I am 55, and if I check out tommorw not a “way to young “ moment , it’s a “ by god, he had a good life” moment 

• Like (+1) 2

56 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I only read the link... dude was 68? That is not” Way to young” ... that is God Bless and hope he had a great life. 

I am 55, and if I check out tommorw not a “way to young “ moment , it’s a “ by god, he had a good life” moment 

Ummm, 68 is seeming younger and younger, unfortunately. 

On a related note, I think I pulled a hamstring in my sleep last night. 

• Haha (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I getting old too! I challenged a 20 year old last night in a shotgun contest, really bad idea ...and I lost ! Never lost one before!

With age should come wisdom and discretion. 

Yeah, that’s in theory....doesn’t always work for me either. 

It would be much more accurate to say his mind checked out way too young.  I didn't realize there was a second victim of LSD who went nuts in FM, as well as Peter Green.  This guy has been gone for about almost 5 decades.  Now that's too young. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, bbb said:

It would be much more accurate to say his mind checked out way too young.  I didn't realize there was a second victim of LSD who went nuts in FM, as well as Peter Green.  This guy has been gone for about almost 5 decades.  Now that's too young. 

Yeah, it seems from the beginning of this band to present day there has always been "something going on"... Jeremy Spencer basically walked out on them in the early 70's and joined the children of god.

9 minutes ago, T&C said:

Yeah, it seems from the beginning of this band to present day there has always been "something going on"... Jeremy Spencer basically walked out on them in the early 70's and joined the children of god.

Wow, didn't know that one, either................I can't think of another popular band that basically had two different lineups. 

Seems that his downfall was psychedelic related, too - According to one account by Mick Fleetwood, Spencer apparently had difficulty recovering from a mescaline trip he had experienced very early on the US tour.

On 6/9/2018 at 11:10 PM, T&C said:

Kirwan is a great guitarist that most have never heard of.     The Fleetwood Mac guitarists of the time where all just great together.    I bought "Then Played On" at Twin Fair as a cut out.  It is one of my top ten all time favorite albums.   If you enjoy blues, check out that album.  Youtube has the entire album, actually more than one posting.

Green and Kirwan both had their bad experience with LSD? at the same party in Munich.   There is a video of Fleetwood and McVie talking about it somewhere on youtube.  It was the turning point down for both of them mentally.

Thanks for the link.  I had seen most of the video's in this mix but there are some parts of this one I had never seen before.

• Like (+1) 1