[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

17 hours ago, stevestojan said:

I moved for work (for anyone who’s paid attention, yes.. again). I know live in northern NJ; 25 miles from Central Park. NJ allows sports betting. So when you download draft kings, it gives you the option to make an actual bet. The first time was against the Pats. I took the Evil Empire -13.5 assuming a blowout. I ended up winning. 

Anyway, I just bet $100 on Sabres to win the eastern conference. $100 pays $4,000. 

You should have kept the money in your pocket and use it for a nice dinner. At least it could have been used to satisfy your tummy instead of it vanishing for such a long shot improbability.

2 hours ago, eball said:

Don't kid yourself -- Skinner knows the value of playing on Eichel's line...he's going to want to stay.

What if the value of playing on Eichel's line is the fat 7 year contract it could earn him on the open market?  The only thing that guarantees is skating with Eichel during his contract year.

15 minutes ago, shrader said:

What if the value of playing on Eichel's line is the fat 7 year contract it could earn him on the open market?  The only thing that guarantees is skating with Eichel during his contract year.

Wherever he decides to go he is going to get his money. It's all about the comps i.e. the numbers. After listening to him on the radio one major advantage he has in this location is that his family can come to the games and be accessible. From the WGR interview that seems to be an important issue for him.

With the two additions of Hutton and Skinner for an insignificant price the GM changed the dynamic of the team with these two impacting players. It's obvious to say that that our GM did a terrific job in reworking the roster. Without question Jack is our star player. By surrounding him with better talent the organization will get an even bigger return from him. 

It really is a refreshing change to now follow a team that is playing for something more than its draft position.  The abused fans certainly deserved this change of fate. . 

23 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

No to playoff expansion!  Don't water down the regular season like it used to be! 

5 hours ago, shrader said:

The building is definitely mic'ed strangely.  I remember back at the home opener I was watching to see what kind of reaction Eichel would get on the heels of being named the captain.  On tv, that reaction sounded exactly the same as for every other introduction that night.  Now maybe it was tepid, but I have a hard time believing that the crowd reacted exactly the same way to Eichel as they did to whichever of the Nelson/Beaulieu combo was playing that night.

And, it seems like radio has the crowd mic'd up almost too loud. 

9 hours ago, JohnC said:

This link is Paul Hamilton being interviewed by Sal C on WGR. It is a little longer than 18 mins. Paul follows the team and has a good bead on the hockey team. His style is usually very candid but he has a non-scathing style when talking about the Sabres.

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/11-15-paul-hamilton-sal-capaccio

According to Sully and Bucky fans, this isn't possible.  You have to be an ahole in order to be critical.

7 hours ago, bbb said:

According to Sully and Bucky fans, this isn't possible.  You have to be an ahole in order to be critical.

Another attribute that I like about Paul Hamilton is that he is not reluctant to say that his original assessment about a player or team is wrong. He does it all the time. There is nothing flashy about him. He's a solid sports reporter with hockey being his strongest sport. I'm sure that his leaning toward the sport has to do with the fact that he played the sport in college at Iowa State. 

• Like (+1) 2

cut.jpg

Game Preview: 11/16/18 at Winnipeg Jets

GAME-DAY RESOURCES

Game Notes NHL Stats Press Clips

LAST GAME
Tuesday, November 13
Tampa Bay 1 at Buffalo 2
Goals: Skinner, Okposo
Goalie: Hutton (29 saves/30 shots)
PP: 0/1; PK: 1/1; Shots: Tampa Bay 30 – Buffalo 19

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 65)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Matt Hunwick (neck, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 18 games
Scott Wilson (ankle, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 18 games

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
11/10: Acquired a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2020 NHL Draft from Dallas in exchange for D Taylor Fedun

UPCOMING GAMES
Saturday, Nov. 17: Buffalo at Minnesota, 6 p.m.
Monday, Nov. 19: Buffalo at Pittsburgh, 7 p.m.
Wednesday, Nov. 21: Philadelphia at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.
Friday, Nov. 23: Montreal at Buffalo, 4 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 24: Buffalo at Detroit, 7 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
SABRES at JETS
  • This is the first of two meetings between the Sabres and Jets this season.
  • Last meeting: Winnipeg defeated Buffalo 7-4 in Buffalo on Jan. 9
  • Next meeting: Sunday, Feb. 10 in Buffalo
  • The Sabres are 5-5-0 in their last 10 games vs. the Jets; 3-6-1 on the road
  • This is the 62nd game all-time between Buffalo and Winnipeg/Atlanta; Buffalo has a 26-24-11 series record.
  • The Sabres are 9-14-7 on the road against the Jets/Thrashers all-time.