77% were wrong believing our HC wouldn't be fooled by the mirage of preseason, but the Allen Era begins week 2!

14 minutes ago, Figster said:

You do realize MCCarron was coming back from an injury, rusty, and has already proven he can win football games at the NFL level.

Allen and Peterman haven't proven squat...

You do realize AJ sucked against the Browns, who weren't as good as the Bengals. And that they weren't switching linemen left and right when he was in like they did to Allen. AJ doesn't move in the pocket or have the escapability of Allen. Plus AJ was overwhelmed against the Browns. Not one 1st down. That is horrible. He would have really gotten killed against the Bengals. He thought he was hurt against the Browns, he would be out for the year against the Bengals. Allen is used to dominant defenses playing for Wyoming.  And now with proper coaching, he will only grow.

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

McD's mouth after the Bears game says he is...

Dream on.

14 minutes ago, Figster said:

You do realize MCCarron was coming back from an injury, rusty, and has already proven he can win football games at the NFL level.

Allen and Peterman haven't proven squat...

Rusty, after sitting for 3 days? Lol.

Edited by BB@Shooter

1 minute ago, Figster said:

There was no way McDermot was going to say something negative about McCarron no reason to devalue him before he gets traded. Even if he does somehow stay on the team McDermot might still say he's in the competition all the way up to the game against Baltimore where it will be either Allen or Peterman. That way the Ravens have to prepare in case they face very different Quarterbacks. Though odds are it gets leaked out sooner since the players are going to have to know soon if not already.

27 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

You do realize AJ sucked against the Browns, who weren't as good as the Bengals. And that they weren't switching linemen left and right when he was in like they did to Allen. AJ doesn't move in the pocket or have the escapability of Allen. Plus AJ was overwhelmed against the Browns. Not one 1st down. That is horrible. He would have really gotten killed against the Bengals. He thought he was hurt against the Browns, he would be out for the year against the Bengals. Allen is used to dominant defenses playing for Wyoming.  And now with proper coaching, he will only grow.

If we want to talk college McCarron has 3 National Championships under his belt and faced the best of the best doing it.

Allen faced the Browns 2's working behind the Bills starting unit...

20 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

There was no way McDermot was going to say something negative about McCarron no reason to devalue him before he gets traded. Even if he does somehow stay on the team McDermot might still say he's in the competition all the way up to the game against Baltimore where it will be either Allen or Peterman. That way the Ravens have to prepare in case they face very different Quarterbacks. Though odds are it gets leaked out sooner since the players are going to have to know soon if not already.

Pure speculation by fans that A J McCarron is not being considered for the start IMO.

Luckily for me I'm one of the few posters that likes all our guys and want them all to succeed.

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Figster said:

If we want to talk college McCarron has 3 National Championships under his belt and faced the best of the best doing it.

Allen faced the Browns 2's working behind the Bills starting unit...

Pure speculation by fans that A J McCarron is not being considered for the start IMO.

Talking college McCarron's team won the National Championship twice while he was leading it. He was a redshirt freshman his first year there when they mysteriously won it without him. Which they would then repeat the miracle in their second season without him and the 3rd...no wait they lost that one by 4 speaking of 4 they won it again in their 4th season without him. What I'm trying to say is he played for Alabama for 4 years I'd be more surprised if he didn't win a championship.

Allen on the other hand lead a Wyoming Cowboy team that hadn't had a positive win/loss ratio in 4 years. The preceding year he started being 2-10. With Allen they went 8-6 and 8-5.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Figster said:

28 points and the win and you want to break it down in quarters, hahaha

How is Allens last outing rated ? lol

If I had a nickle for every great game a player had in the 4th quarter of the 4th preseason game...You sure that's what you want to hang your hat on?

33 minutes ago, Figster said:

Right, because football coaches are known to tell the truth to stupid questions

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

If I had a nickle for every great game a player had in the 4th quarter of the 4th preseason game...You sure that's what you want to hang your hat on?

I'll hang my hat on the regular season wins getting the Bengals to the playoffs or the 16 point come from behind taking the lead in his 1st playoff game that the Bengals D Bungled If its all the same to you BullBuchanan.

Just now, Figster said:

I'll hang my hat on the regular season wins getting the Bengals to the playoffs or the 16 point come from behind taking the lead in his 1st playoff game that the Bengals D Bungled If its all the same to you BullBuchanan.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly how he fleeced the Bills out of 12 million. Taking a page right out of the Matt Flynn playbook.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Figster said:

Can you please decipher the gibberish you just spouted? I know it is late, but either sleep on it or give up on it. AJ is a nice guy, other than that he better hope his wife doesn't like younger qbs.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Figster said:

So I'm confused Mcdermot was telling the truth about McCarron being in the competition still but lying about their being a competition because by the logic of what you just said he was always the starter.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, BullBuchanan said:

I'm pretty sure that's exactly how he fleeced the Bills out of 12 million. Taking a page right out of the Matt Flynn playbook.

Again, big fan of all 3 QB's 

With that being said Josh Allen is the future of the franchise and my biggest concern.

13 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Notice AJ as one of the last qbs taken in the free agent market. Could it be because the Bills knew they were drafting a future longtime qb they figured they could hang their hat on?

10 minutes ago, Figster said:

With that being said Josh Allen is the future of the franchise and my biggest concern.

And AJ so superior in camp and exhibition games that he will be the starter.  Lmao. You are delirious,  drunk, or just funny. Keep up the good work.

If you are such a big fan of all three qbs, why you trashing Allens qb rating against the Bungals? Anyone with a clue knows the reason why. And if you areally a true fan, you would know better and not throw garbage like that out there. You sound more like an Alabama fan or a Bungals fan. Or AJ's mother or side dish.

Edited by BB@Shooter
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

Notice AJ as one of the last qbs taken in the free agent market. Could it be because the Bills knew they were drafting a future longtime qb they figured they could hang their hat on?

And AJ so superior in camp and exhibition games that he will be the starter.  Lmao. You are delirious,  drunk, or just funny. Keep up the good work.

Heres something else you might find funny

laugh when you see Allen 3rd on the depth chart, lol

22 minutes ago, BB@Shooter said:

Again, why do you keep saying you are a fan of all 3? Total goofball. 

As a coach I wouldn't want to base my decision of who starts on talent alone and we all know Josh Allen wins by a large margin.

Easier way to put this so you guys aren't so confused, A J, guinea pig 1, Peterman guinea pig 2,  before we risk Allen behind a sub par Oline

thats just my opinion fellas

Edited by Figster

3 hours ago, Figster said:

Meanwhile McCarron led the team to 5 scoring drives ( 4 TD ) in one game for a dramatic come from behind win against the Bears which is even greater.

Coach McD was asked after the game If McCarron was still being considered for the starting job and the answer was yes. 

The Great Debate III

Respectfully... I disagree.

4th preseason game.

I think everyone should realize very little of what McDermott says publicly actually means anything.

Come on now... how often do his actions conflict with his words?

He said he thought Tyrod Taylor was his Franchise QB.

He said immediately after the Saints game Tyrod was the starter.

He's saying right now he doesn't know who his starting QB will be.

That's just randomly off the top of my head.

Everything McDermott says needs to be taken with a huge grain of salt or you need to read it in context.

Right now, the context is that saying anything negative about AJ McCarron would only hurt his trade value, so why do it?

4th preseason game--and the 2nd half of the 4th preseason game, nonetheless--has gotta be one of the most meaningless assessment sources in existence for an NFL coach.

2 hours ago, Figster said:

For the record nobody is jumping off of the bandwagon. The more football savvy posters that frequent this forum don't want to see the future of the franchise ruined or injured. Trust me when I say we have seen it all.

The problem I have is teaching Allen bad mechanics because the BIlls Oline isn't giving him enough time and space for good mechanics. Worse, season ending injury. Allen almost excited his last game start with a concussion. In my opinion McD wanted Allen to get a real taste of what he would be facing during the regular season so started him in game 3. It didn't go well.

Josh Allen is not ready in my humble opinion.

This is about the most direct insult I've ever seen from you, Fig.

So... only those who want Allen to sit are football savvy? :lol:

I'm just playing... that's the most indirect direct insult I think I'll ever see.

• Haha (+1) 1