Whitey women keeping the black women down

8 minutes ago, m_w_hunter said:

taken at face value it says black women cannot get ahead in life because of other black women in their life

if one wanted to say a person is responsible for their own problems what is the point of bringing race into it?

Probably because the article specifically blames white women for black women's problems?

He's simply saying to blame yourself (or themselves),  and not some arbitrary boogie man; like the patriarchy or Republicans.

Feels like you're adding a lot of subtext to point out racism. 

Is it problematic to tip a black waitress with dollar bills because George Washington... Should I use pennies instead? Sorry, i shouldn't have described her as "black"... non-gendered homo-sapien... sorry for using "homo"... uh. nevermind.

Edited by unbillievable

22 minutes ago, m_w_hunter said:

taken at face value it says black women cannot get ahead in life because of other black women in their life

if one wanted to say a person is responsible for their own problems what is the point of bringing race into it?

The context of the discussion was an article making the claim that "white women are keeping black women down".  That's what brought race into it.

Positing that black women are the ones keeping black women down as a response is not introducing race.  It's responding to a race based claim.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Back to the article.

What we need is a clear explanation of the intersectionality hierarchy; Who's at the top and who are at the bottom?

In other words, who has to shut up, listen, and admit their privilege whenever a superior intersectional being on the chart enters the room.

9 minutes ago, m_w_hunter said:

wrong forum to talk politics i guess

it was fun while it lasted.

go bills

racism is not okay

Making unfounded charges of racism is not OK.

Don't make charges of racism if you can't leverage evidence to back up your claims.  Also important to note that your feelings are not evidence.

Again, explain why what he said is racist.

28 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Making unfounded charges of racism is not OK.

Don't make charges of racism if you can't leverage evidence to back up your claims.  Also important to note that your feelings are not evidence.

Again, explain why what he said is racist.

Don't bother.  Moron's definition of racism is "I'm offended."

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Don't bother.  Moron's definition of racism is "I'm offended."

It may start there, though I'm hopeful I can change his mind.  I'll let him be the arbiter of if I can or not.  I think it's an issue that's too important to write people off without at least trying.

26 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It may start there, though I'm hopeful I can change his mind.  I'll let him be the arbiter of if I can or not.  I think it's an issue that's too important to write people off without at least trying.

You can't.  

1 hour ago, m_w_hunter said:

wrong forum to talk politics i guess

it was fun while it lasted.

go bills

racism is not okay

You're clearly new here.  On the rare occasion that a racist pops up here they're promptly run out on a rail.