Watch: AJ McCarron "Highlights" from 2015

33 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

You might want to think again. This whole conversation started because someone claimed AJ already is an upgrade. Which others, myself included asked 'based on what?' in return. And this isn't the only thread or person who's done it.

Also, I have not provided highlights or lowlights of any kind. I have reviewed all of his NFL stats though, not just his bad ones, and compared them to those of the QB people are claiming he is better than.

Hokie, my 2c.  

Sometimes you see a particular group of words and key into that, then respond (a lot of people do it, myself included) to it.

We need an effective passing QB and not just an Efficient QB.   There is a difference.  IF AJM or JA can provide that for the Bill, then Yes, its an immediate upgrade to the passing game.  

We were (generally) happy when we won with TT and he had low passing yards, but griped when he didn't pass effectively.  We should also be (generally) happy when we win with a gut that isn't tentative in his throws.  

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Hokie, my 2c.  

Sometimes you see a particular group of words and key into that, then respond (a lot of people do it, myself included) to it.

We need an effective passing QB and not just an Efficient QB.   There is a difference.  IF AJM or JA can provide that for the Bill, then Yes, its an immediate upgrade to the passing game.  

Here, you tell me what I'm missing.

On 5/7/2018 at 4:33 PM, billsredneck1 said:

well ...he's [McCarron] gonna routinely start come sept. and i will expect to see nfl caliber qb'ing for the 1st time since orton...and that ain't asking for much. he's 10x better at qb than what we have had to put up with.

On 5/6/2018 at 6:47 PM, Sky Diver said:

We significant upgraded the QB position since last year. Allen is a stud and McCarron is better then Taylor.

I don’t get the hand wringing and gloom and doom.

On 5/8/2018 at 8:21 PM, Tatonka68 said:

Hard to be worse than Tyrod. How many times last year when we really need it did he drove for a score?

Where did they take a step back?

McCarron > Tyrod 

Peterman = Peterman 

Allen ??? 

so how are QB's worse??

12 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Here, you tell me what I'm missing.

Are you contending that TT is a better than McCarron, or are you objecting to declaring McCarron better?

A statistical comparison makes not sense because of the limited amount of data for McCarron.

On 5/9/2018 at 12:10 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

There seem to be a lot of "ifs" in your "when" statement.  You're suggesting Mayfield (despite Jackson insisting Taylor will start), Darnold, Rosen, AND Jackson (despite Flacco as the incumbent starter) will all be starting by Week 3 (if not week 1) and will win 3 in a row ("few" ~ >3) against whatever their respective competition may be.

I just want to point out he didn't say "if" once. ;)

2 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

Are you contending that TT is a better than McCarron, or are you objecting to declaring McCarron better?

A statistical comparison makes not sense because of the limited amount of data for McCarron.

Both. And I've yet to see a remotely compelling argument to the contrary.

I may have mentioned it somewhere in this thread, and sorry if someone has since mentioned it, but doesn't it seem like that McCarron locks in on his targets early.

Jeepers, on one of those (forgive me, haven't watched in a bit, but remember it) i think he was staring at his receiver even before the ball was snapped.

On 5/9/2018 at 9:33 AM, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Those stats are their entire NFL bodies of work, including their playoff games. If you want to ignore the larger sample size for a minuscule one that's your choice. Hopefully that's not something you learned at the incredible educational institution that is the University of Alabama though.

I didn't graduate from The University of Alabama. I graduated from another fine university. ;)

4 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Guess 'Bama wasn't big on spelling......or AJ's already been cut?

AJ McCarronVerified account @10AJMcCarron 48m48 minutes ago

Exited about this team we have and upcoming season!! It feels good to be back in my #10 that’s for sure!! #Bills #BillsMafia

He knows his future with Josh Allen on the scene.