And now the plan is a lot clearer...

20 hours ago, The Red King said:

Three picks into the draft and I think Beane's plan for the Bills is coming into focus.  It's obviously a multi-year project, but talk of this upcoming season being a sacrifice or a wash is about as accurate as last season being a tank job.  The off-season and draft have helped reshape the roster, and the culture.  Players who were seen as problematic or lazy are being shipped off and replaced with solid, hard workers.  We passed on Rosen because he lacks the character that Buffalo is after.  Last season the Bills overachieved with a "Us vs. the World" mentality, with each player being a cog in the machine.  Beane and McD are looking for players with a matching mindset.  Rosen whined about not being picked in the top #3, Phillips makes it sound like he's unworthy to breath the same air as a player like Williams.  Character.

The plan for the future is rapidly shaping up as follows:

2018 - Same plan as  2017.  The defense has been beefed up with FA pickups and draft picks.  The idea being, defense keeps them in the game, offense scrapes out a win.  AJ will lead the offense while Allen takes the time to learn and develop.  We can only hope the offense and defense are better then last year's.  I think they're going to surprise people and contend for a playoff spot, but I don't think they're going to be an elite team quite yet.

2019 - Endgame.  With the defense far more secure, a vast amount of freed up FA money and Josh Allen ready to take the reigns...the Bills focus on offense, buying and drafting the tools to put around Allen so he can succeed.  The defense will still be the Mean Machine from 2018, but the offense will be shaped for Allen.  The team shifts from relying on that defense and hoping the offense can at least put up enough to win...and instead looks like a proper elite team which finally looks every bit as dangerous on the offensive side as it does on the defense.

...at least, that appears to be the plan.  Time will tell if it works.  I'm just excited we have a plan, rather then throwing darts at a dart board hoping something sticks.  What's more impressive is how this plan seems to be keeping us at least competitive even when rebuilding from rubbish.  We're going to be a better team this season then people expect.  After all these years it is wonderfully refreshing watching a front office with an actual plan, successful or not.

Isn't it nice to actually envision their plan?  Whether you are right or wrong, there is a definite plan in place to keep this team competitive for years to come...GO BILLS!

Edited by ricojes
  • Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

They just keep doing what they've been doing...........I don't think it's any clearer.........but I do wonder how they are going to field anything resembling a competent offense this year with the personnel they have on that side of the ball..........if Daboll gets them even back where they were last year he might be in line for a HC job.:lol:

Yeah, that wildcard game was something special to see.

All the so called "experts" say he needs to sit.  The length of time to keep him on the bench is all over the place.  I personally say don't rush him.  Nobody knows for sure what we have in AJ.  Let AJ play this year so he can hopefully find a starting job somewhere else.  No matter how well he does this IS Allen's team.  If AJ sucks then give Peterman another chance to display what he can or can not do.  Josh Allen is a project with huge upside if he hits his potential.  Hopefully the Bills will put the right people around him so he can reach it.  

13 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

Yeah, that wildcard game was something special to see.

Jauron Ball is boring.

But the Bills offense executed a huge 18 play scoring drive that day too which greatly shortened the game and helped limit what should have been a blowout against a FAR superior opponent(as the Jags proved in the subsequent two weeks on the road against the two best teams in the AFC) to a one score game.

Reality.......Jags were one of the 3-4 most talented rosters in NFL.........Bills roster was one of the VERY worst in the NFL.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Jauron Ball is boring.

But the Bills offense executed a huge 18 play scoring drive that day too which greatly shortened the game and helped limit what should have been a blowout against a FAR superior opponent(as the Jags proved in the subsequent two weeks on the road against the two best teams in the AFC) to a one score game.

Reality.......Jags were one of the 3-4 most talented rosters in NFL.........Bills roster was one of the VERY worst in row NFL.

Reality.  The Bills lost to one of the 3-4 most talented rosters by just seven points in their own stadium.