O-Line

Does anyone on the board happen to know if the Bills front office considers any of their current O-line prospects to be sleepers (Groy, McDermott, Wesley)?  Maybe Miller comes back into the starting line-up if they're going to be changing their blocking schemes again.  Otherwise... don't they really have to be trying to pull another starter out of the 3rd round today.  Personally, if they could get up near the top of round two and grab Hernandez, I wouldn't care if they didn't make any more picks this year.

• Like (+1) 1

I definitely don't know for sure.

I think they really Groy, otherwise I'm not sure they would have matched that contract. I really like Groy as a guard, but I do think he played well at center as well. I also think that McDermott is likely pretty well liked because they kept him on the 53 man all year and he really did not play. McDermott was projected to go higher in the draft than he did and he has some potential. Most draft reports said he was going to need a year to gain strength, so I think he could be a sleeper at RT. Juan Castillo has typically had great success with projects like him. I don't know much about Wesley, but I think he followed Castillo from Baltimore to Buffalo. 

I love Hernandez as well, but I am not sure we can get up for him. I will say that the zone teams in the NFL are not going to like him, so that basically takes about half the teams out of the running for Hernandez. I could see him falling a bit more. 

26 minutes ago, Jamie Mueller said:

Does anyone on the board happen to know if the Bills front office considers any of their current O-line prospects to be sleepers (Groy, McDermott, Wesley)?  Maybe Miller comes back into the starting line-up if they're going to be changing their blocking schemes again.  Otherwise... don't they really have to be trying to pull another starter out of the 3rd round today.  Personally, if they could get up near the top of round two and grab Hernandez, I wouldn't care if they didn't make any more picks this year.

I would love Hernandez but we need WR as well.

Maybe we can trade Lawson for a second.

18 minutes ago, greeneblitz said:

...they will need 2 guards, hopefully the next couple picks. Super easy to find day one starters at that position late in the draft.

Good to know that it’s “super easy” to find two starting guards on day 2 & 3.  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, CardinalScotts said:

EWood play has slipped the last 2 year i  think Groy is an upgrade

Agree with this. When Groy filled in for EWood, there wasn't any break in the action. There was no mention of Groy on the broadcast, which is a good thing for a center. I think we upgraded at center, but can use Groy's flexibility at guard if need be. I am optimistic that Jordy Mills can improve this year (he can't get much worse, right?)

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I would love Hernandez but we need WR as well.

Maybe we can trade Lawson for a second.

Will Hernandez seems to be the kind of guy who sets the mood and attitude for the whole line... just like Incognito at his best.

3 minutes ago, JP's Voice said:

Agree with this. When Groy filled in for EWood, there wasn't any break in the action. There was no mention of Groy on the broadcast, which is a good thing for a center. I think we upgraded at center, but can use Groy's flexibility at guard if need be. I am optimistic that Jordy Mills can improve this year (he can't get much worse, right?)

I was also impressed with Miller in his second season... I'm not sure what happened to him this year... he hardly played at all.