If You Are Looking for a Positive Stat in Regards to Josh Allen...

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Wyoming Overall Record:

2012:  4-8

2013:  5-7

2014:  4-8

2015: 2-10

2016: 8-6

2017: 8-5

Wyoming was a pretty bad program before Allen came along.  When you look at how their record improved when he was there, it is not ridiculous to say that he was directly responsible for 4 or 5 more wins per season.  

Just now, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Wyoming Overall Record:

2012:  4-8

2013:  5-7

2014:  4-8

2015: 2-10

2016: 8-6

2017: 8-5

Wyoming was a pretty bad program before Allen came along.  When you look at how their record improved when he was there, it is not ridiculous to say that he was directly responsible for 4 or 5 more wins per season.  

This. 88-89 are the last times Wyoming would be bowl eligible in back to back seasons.  Wyoming is a very poor program historically.  

I'm not a Josh Allen hater. I just think Rosen is a much better option. I hope I'm wrong. But I'm disappointed. I love that Rosen wants to make us pay. That kind of fire and honesty would be refreshing, but I'm afraid what I liked about Rosen (his edge) is what kept the Bills from drafting him. Again, I don't hate Allen as a pick, but I would have loved Rosen. Fingers crossed that I'm wrong, and the Bills did the right thing.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, mykidsdad said:

I'm not a Josh Allen hater. I just think Rosen is a much better option. I hope I'm wrong. But I'm disappointed. I love that Rosen wants to make us pay. That kind of fire and honesty would be refreshing, but I'm afraid what I liked about Rosen (his edge) is what kept the Bills from drafting him. Again, I don't hate Allen as a pick, but I would have loved Rosen. Fingers crossed that I'm wrong, and the Bills did the right thing.

I think the handling of criticism and his coach-ability were red flags.  It's one thing to say something after the draft like that.  But how will he handle scrutiny from the media, and from his own coaching staff after mistakes?

Just now, mykidsdad said:

Allen wants to make 9 teams pay, but is that really what you want your young franchise QB to be concerned with?  He needs to focus more on his teammates, the playbook, and getting on the field for meaningful plays first. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m trying very hard to help let this cheer me up. So far? Nada so far. Is it true that he only has two 300 yards games in his career? I need to go watch the Senior Bowl film again (where he bails to the right on every other play). 

One of my favorite things about Allen is that he doesn’t have Rosen’s concussion history. Is that a stretch? 

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

I’m trying very hard to help let this cheer me up. So far? Nada so far. Is it true that he only has two 300 yards games in his career? I need to go watch the Senior Bowl film again (where he bails to the right on every other play). 

One of my favorite things about Allen is that he doesn’t have Rosen’s concussion history. Is that a stretch? 

We lost Augie. We chose wrong. Beane failed us. Allen is just not that good and nonwhere near as good as Rosen. I think Pegula and his face of the franchise standpoint forced us out of Rosen bc of political bullsht

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, FearLess Price said:

We lost Augie. We chose wrong. Beane failed us. Allen is just not that good and nonwhere near as good as Rosen. I think Pegula and his face of the franchise standpoint forced us out of Rosen bc of political bullsht

I'm afraid this may be right.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, FearLess Price said:

I’m not throwing in the (tear soaked) towel yet. There are a lot of people who know far more about football than I do who have him rated very highly. I’m hoping I’m the idiot here! :wacko:

I look at this way....what happens if you put the current Tom Brady on that Wyoming team ?  I'm betting similar (maybe a bit better) stats.

Wyoming is low, low tier Division I program.   I', encouraged how he performed in the Senior Bowl with top talent.

Im not so sure politically but from a lack of hassle point of view,  maybe. I feel like Rosen will work very hard and do well as long as he feels that there is something to take from whoever is teaching it. I worry (worried) that if we take Rosen then he may not mesh w/Daboll for not being prodigious enough mentally and it would cause a rift. I think out of the group (1st rounders), Allen then Lamar Jackson are the most 'coachable' in the sense that they will come in, not cause any flak and be as more pliable than any of the others. Well maybe Darnold too.