Two legislators ask Bills to forego payment

OK, Debenedetti and Barry - two Erie County Legislators - went too far when they requested the BILLS to forego a $3.56 million payment the franchise needs for maintenance at county-owned Ralph Wilson Stadium. The payment is part of a long-term lease negotiated between the county and the Bills in 1998.

You just don't !@#$ with the NFL. Tampering with the lease - which would null and void it - is the LAST thing this community needs.

With taxes as high as they are - and a county budget in excess of ONE BILLION DOLLARS - keeping the BILLS is the LEAST we can do... and paying this $3.56 million dollar payment is NOTHING compared to all the over paid Erie Country workers, unions, and PORK!

WE MUST BOMBARD these two legislators with EMAILS letting them know you disapprove of their actions. WE ALL KNOW how tenuous this issue is.

PLEASE DO YOUR PART ASAP.

Email info:

debenedetti@erie.gov -- Legislator Al DeBenedetti represents the 6th District, which includes the Riverside and Black Rock sections of the City of Buffalo, as well as parts of North Buffalo and the West Side.

drbarry15@erie.gov -- Barry A. Weinstein is Legislator for the 15th District, which covers the Town of Amherst and the Village of Williamsville.

A pro sports franchise does not make a city, but here is what we must admit, as wonderful as Buffalo is, THIS FRANCHISE DOES MAKE THIS CITY!

274118[/snapback]

If Western NY ever allowed the Buffalo Bills to leave without putting up a fight, then that would be the end of Buffalo and Rochester. Seriously, as much as it hurts to admit it, the Bills are about the only thing left that is holding Western NY together. Without the Bills, i think people would flee out of here in droves.

If Western NY ever allowed the Buffalo Bills to leave without putting up a fight, then that would be the end of Buffalo and Rochester.  Seriously, as much as it hurts to admit it, the Bills are about the only thing left that is holding Western NY together.  Without the Bills, i think people would flee out of here in droves.

274200[/snapback]

We also have colleges....

A high concentration of same, as it turns out. The condrum is that with a well-educated populace, why is WNY is in such a poor state, and that decades of clowns got elected?

Lots of greed in WNY...lots. :w00t:

274248[/snapback]

The biggest question is....why the hell do the assclowns keep getting re-elected?

Sent to both:

My name is Matt Kabel and I help run the Buffalo Bills Backers in New York City. We have over 900 members, most of which are ex-patriates from Western New York. I have been following the budget crisis in Erie County, and have been updating our members. Today I updated them on the story that the two of you approached the Buffalo Bills about the money Erie owes them for the lease. How dare you take it upon yourself to make a move such as this that would affect million plus Bills fans in Western New York and around the country. You politicians have almost destroyed WNY with your corruption, and its now boiled over. Leave the Buffalo Bills out of this. They are tops among the organizations that have kept the community strong, unlike the politicians such as yourselves. You want to save money? Cut out the kickbacks and patronage, at least then the city will have a chance to rebound.

Matthew Kabel

New York City Buffalo Bills Backers

www.nycbbb.com

Nice! Great letter.

Sent to both:

My name is Matt Kabel and I help run the Buffalo Bills Backers in New York City. We have over 900 members, most of which are ex-patriates from Western New York. I have been following the budget crisis in Erie County, and have been updating our members. Today I updated them on the story that the two of you approached the Buffalo Bills about the money Erie owes them for the lease. How dare you take it upon yourself to make a move such as this that would affect million plus Bills fans in Western New York and around the country. You politicians have almost destroyed WNY with your corruption, and its now boiled over. Leave the Buffalo Bills out of this. They are tops among the organizations that have kept the community strong, unlike the politicians such as yourselves. You want to save money? Cut out the kickbacks and patronage, at least then the city will have a chance to rebound.

Matthew Kabel

www.nycbbb.com

274339[/snapback]

OK, Debenedetti and Barry - two Erie County Legislators - went too far when they requested the BILLS to forego a $3.56 million payment the franchise needs for maintenance at county-owned Ralph Wilson Stadium. The payment is part of a long-term lease negotiated between the county and the Bills in 1998.

You just don't !@#$ with the NFL.  Tampering with the lease - which would null and void it - is the LAST thing this community needs.

With taxes as high as they are - and a county budget in excess of ONE BILLION DOLLARS - keeping the BILLS is the LEAST we can do... and paying this $3.56 million dollar payment is NOTHING compared to all the over paid Erie Country workers, unions, and PORK!

WE MUST BOMBARD these two legislators with EMAILS letting them know you disapprove of their actions.  WE ALL KNOW how tenuous this issue is.

PLEASE DO YOUR PART ASAP.

Email info:

debenedetti@erie.gov -- Legislator Al DeBenedetti represents the 6th District, which includes the Riverside and Black Rock sections of the City of Buffalo, as well as parts of North Buffalo and the West Side.

drbarry15@erie.gov  -- Barry A. Weinstein is Legislator for the 15th District, which covers the Town of Amherst and the Village of Williamsville.

274102[/snapback]

Being that I have escaped from the high cost of living in Western NY, I did my part and emailed both idiots with the suggestion that they forgo thier salary to help balance the budget.

Sent to both:

Matthew Kabel

www.nycbbb.com

274339[/snapback]

Here's my letter:

Gentlemen, thank you for exercising fiscal responsibility by suggesting the city not hold up their end of a responsibility. Please repeat after me: Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome YOUR Los Angeles Bills of Buffalo!!!

Sincerely,

An LA Bills Fan in a city that's pretty !@#$ed up, but not near as !@#$ed up as you guys are !@#$ing up Western New York.

Being that I have escaped from the high cost of living in Western NY, I did my part and emailed both idiots with the suggestion that they forgo thier salary to help balance the budget.

274426[/snapback]

"High Cost of Living?" WNY doesn't have a high cost of living - it has a difficult economy for those looking for work. There's a difference.

According to THIS website. A family making $100K in Amherst, NY would have to make $136K to live comparably in Anchorage, AK.

Thank you Alaska....I pray every night that my wife gets the job at the University of Buffalo and then I pray that the Bills will still be in Buffalo once we move to western NY. The cost of living there vs. Richmond VA is sooooo much less I salivate at the propertyy potential for us to buy after selling our home in Richmond. I guess I would then be praying that we stay in Buffalo a looong time 'cause their won't be anyone to sell that house to!

Thank you Alaska....I pray every night that my wife gets the job at the University of Buffalo and then I pray that the Bills will still be in Buffalo once we move to western NY.  The cost of living there vs. Richmond VA is sooooo much less I salivate at the propertyy potential for us to buy after selling our home in Richmond.  I guess I would then be praying that we stay in Buffalo a looong time 'cause their won't be anyone to sell that house to!

274496[/snapback]

From that website it looks like the cost of living is pretty close between those 2 places. Though I'm sure you'd be able to find a nicer house for the money in WNY.

"High Cost of Living?"  WNY doesn't have a high cost of living - it has a difficult economy for those looking for work.  There's a difference. 

According to THIS website.  A family making $100K in Amherst, NY would have to make $136K to live comparably in Anchorage, AK.

274489[/snapback]

Sorry Darin...It may be difficult to find "good" work in Western NY, but after 39 years at Roswell Park, the difference between my work pay check and retirement(penson and social secutiity only) is like 40% more. Also, money here in souithwest Florida goes much farther. Glad i ain't there to share the tought times.

Sorry Darin...It may be difficult to find "good" work in Western NY, but after 39 years at Roswell Park, the difference between my work pay check and retirement(penson and social secutiity only) is like 40% more.  Also, money here in souithwest Florida goes much farther.  Glad i ain't there to share the tought times.

274554[/snapback]

I think the largest factor in those type of studies are housing prices - which from what I've seen in WNY they're pretty low.

There are certainly reasons people retire in Florida and not all of them have to do with the weather. I'd love to live in WNY again but the political climate plus the taxes pretty much ensure that'll never happen.

Great job everyone. You might want to include the entire legislature on your emails.

drbarry15@erie.gov, debenedetti@erie.gov, kuwik@erie.gov, holt@erie.gov, ranzenhofer@erie.gov, marshall@erie.gov, smith@erie.gov, dusza@erie.gov, wroblewski@erie.gov, cswanick@erie.gov, lynnm@buffnet.net, jzchase@erie.gov, mccarville13th@erie.gov, elise@cusack14.com

Imagine a business in financial trouble asking the local legislature to forgive their upcoming property tax liability?  I'm sure the politicos would give that the audience it deserves. 

Fuggin' politicians.

274111[/snapback]

I couldn't agree with you more.

Thank you Alaska....I pray every night that my wife gets the job at the University of Buffalo and then I pray that the Bills will still be in Buffalo once we move to western NY.  The cost of living there vs. Richmond VA is sooooo much less I salivate at the propertyy potential for us to buy after selling our home in Richmond.  I guess I would then be praying that we stay in Buffalo a looong time 'cause their won't be anyone to sell that house to!

274496[/snapback]

just hope that you never have to sell.

once you buy that affordable home in WNY that it will only go down in value in the future.

274496[/snapback]

Oh my, are you in for a rude awakening. You can pretty much quadruple what you pay on property tax once you move from Richmond to Buffalo. Sure you can afford more house, but the taxes on that house will offset the difference. Enjoy paying less than two dollars a gallon for gas while you can. And oh, those sales taxes, 4.25% in Richmond vs. 9% in Erie County.

just hope that you never have to sell.

once you buy that affordable home in WNY that it will only go down in value in the future.

274928[/snapback]

Not true at all. I live in Brighton (suburb of Rochester) and our house was just apparised for 45% more than when we bought it 3 years ago. That's not a bad little increase, wouldn't you say?

This isn't a big house, either. It's a 75 year-old tudor in a nice neighborhood.

Sent to both:

Matthew Kabel

www.nycbbb.com

274339[/snapback]

Where's the standing ovation smiley when you need it?

Oh my, are you in for a rude awakening.  You can pretty much quadruple what you pay on property tax once you move from Richmond to Buffalo.  Sure you can afford more house, but the taxes on that house will offset the difference.  Enjoy paying less than two dollars a gallon for gas while you can.  And oh, those sales taxes, 4.25% in Richmond vs. 9% in Erie County.

274939[/snapback]

I've done quite a bit of research on this, as you can imagine, and yes the taxes in WNY are saddly very high but 200,000 in Western Henrico County VA will buy you a nice house but that same 200,000 will buy you somthing very special in WNY. Sales taxes are another issue yes, but in Virginia we still pay that 4.5% on groceries, not so in NY. Yes, I know that it may wash out in the end, but in the end I most likley will be in a much nicer/bigger home in an area with a feeling of community. We love Richmond, but to live in a nice "small" village in upstate NY is verrry attracvtive.

I've done quite a bit of research on this, as you can imagine, and yes the taxes in WNY are saddly very high but  200,000  in Western Henrico County VA will buy you a nice house but that same 200,000 will buy you somthing very special in WNY.  Sales taxes are another issue yes, but in Virginia we still pay that 4.5% on groceries, not so in NY.  Yes, I know that it may wash out in the end, but in the end I most likley will be in a much nicer/bigger home in an area with a feeling of community.  We love Richmond, but to live in a nice "small" village in upstate NY is verrry attracvtive.

275275[/snapback]

Exactly. And anyone who tells you property values are falling in East Aurora is kidding themselves.

It's a dream of mine to be able to buy one of those MONSTER vitorian homes on Rt. 20A there.

I've done quite a bit of research on this, as you can imagine, and yes the taxes in WNY are saddly very high but  200,000  in Western Henrico County VA will buy you a nice house but that same 200,000 will buy you somthing very special in WNY.  Sales taxes are another issue yes, but in Virginia we still pay that 4.5% on groceries, not so in NY.  Yes, I know that it may wash out in the end, but in the end I most likley will be in a much nicer/bigger home in an area with a feeling of community.  We love Richmond, but to live in a nice "small" village in upstate NY is verrry attracvtive.

275275[/snapback]

All very good points --- I would love to move back to WNY and perhaps someday I will but oh those fuggn taxes --- correct me if I'm wrong but isn’t there a bill in legislation to wipe out the grocery tax in VA?

... I e-mailed Howard at WGR about this ... hopefully he'll cover it tomorrow morning on his show ... local coverage should stir some more outrage / emails to said Legislators ...

274697[/snapback]

Why would he do that? The assclowns on that station are too busy talking about the !@#$ing crappy UB team getting screwed because they didn't make it into the Tournament and all about College Basketball. It's nice to hear once in a while, but I listened for a while this morning and heard nothing about the Bills moves or these two !@#$ing !@#$ legislators. :)

I actually would have liked to see UB get into the Tournament because they would have gotten killed in the first round. <_<

All very good points --- I would love to move back to WNY and perhaps someday I will but oh those fuggn taxes --- correct me if I'm wrong but isn’t there a bill in legislation to wipe out the grocery tax in VA?

275308[/snapback]

It is proposed each year...kinda like increasing taxes on cigs......it always falls short. They have eliminated tax on Rx and the Car tax is now nearly all but gone.

I sent them all emails. Won't do any good because they are all idiots. Nevertheless, start messing with the Bills and their lease and there would certainly be some serious trouble.

If the Erie County Government thought there was a "Tax Payer Revolt" over a one cent sales tax increase, they should wait and see what would happen if they cost us the Bills. There would be bodies in the streets and buildings burned to the ground.

If the Erie County Government thought there was a "Tax Payer Revolt" over a one cent sales tax increase, they should wait and see what would happen if they cost us the Bills. There would be bodies in the streets and buildings burned to the ground.

FREEDOM!!!!! FREEEEEEEDOM!!!!!

A revolution of epic proportions, allowing Erie COunty to secede from the waste that is NYS and join, hmmmmmmm, Hawaii, as long a we get discounted airfare!!