Charlie Weis:. "Mayfield....If I were the Bills, I'd go and GET HIM".

PIZ

I'm kind of ashamed of myself for this, but I think I've held some negativity towards selecting Mayfield because he's not 6'4" and 235lbs.  After going through a QB like Tyrod, we would be darn lucky to have a QB that completes 70% of his passes.

I think the QB's this year have been hyped.  Some teams are going to sell off 5 other players that they could have drafted in a good draft to move up and get an average or bust QB.  All this very brave,  MOVE UP type people are going to be nowhere to be found after some teams take taken for SUCKERS.

To get Mayfield and still keep all the rest of our picks would be a dream come true. I know he's short and did a few dumb things as a boy, but OK. The most accurate arm in this class is what I'm excited about. I think his ability to make back shoulder throws will only help guys like Kelvin Benjamin and Charles Clay. He also has good mobility and that never hurts. We could still get a great player at 22 and would retain several quality picks on day 2 which we really need this year.

5 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Last time I heard the Bills use the " IT" factor Whaley and Nix were running the show and EJ Manuel was walking up to the podium. Nuff said!

And they are nowhere to be found this year. I'm excited to see how our new GM performs under fire. I think many people don't appreciate how good drafting can help a team so much. This is the 1st draft together for the ENTIRE personnel dept, actually. The Pegulas fired every last one of them down to the last scout.

Edited by GreggTX