Do the bills have anyone on the team worth a first round pick in a trade?

I think Tre white is worth a middle to late first and maybe Dion Dawkins is worth a late first, but after that man I don’t know that we have anyone even worth a 2nd round pick in a trade. I Know it doesn’t mean a whole lot, it’s more about how our players fit the coaching scheme, but when I thought about this it made me a little concerned about the amount of upgrades we need on our roster, and it changes how I feel about giving up a ton of picks for a qb this year. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Football said:

I think Tre white is worth a middle to late first and maybe Dion Dawkins is worth a late first, but after that man I don’t know that we have anyone even worth a 2nd round pick in a trade. I Know it doesn’t mean a whole lot, it’s more about how our players fit the coaching scheme, but when I thought about this it made me a little concerned about the amount of upgrades we need on our roster, and it changes how I feel about giving up a ton of picks for a qb this year. 

Come on Dr., there are only so many players (15-19) with actual 1st round grades in the '18 draft. Why would the Bills trade away one of their good young players for a pick? 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

as you said yourself, even our previous 1st round pick (Shaq Lawson) is not worth a 1st round pick anymore.  many of the players drafted don't work out or at the very least they don't live up to their draft grade.  you can keep all of those picks and get lucky on a few of them but many won't be on this team anyways in a few years.  might as well swing for the fences and try to get the best player at the most important position in all of sports

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

as you said yourself, even our previous 1st round pick (Shaq Lawson) is not worth a 1st round pick anymore.  many of the players drafted don't work out or at the very least they don't live up to their draft grade.  you can keep all of those picks and get lucky on a few of them but many won't be on this team anyways in a few years.  might as well swing for the fences and try to get the best player at the most important position in all of sports

Which is also why I was strongly against the Darby trade. “Fit”? The dude was a football player. We are definitely better with him rather than without. 

Also on the fence about Cordy Glenn. I am 100% fine with it as long as we use our draft capital to find a QB. If we don’t, I’ll be furious over it. I do get it though, some injury concerns. But the plan for Dawkins was RT, Glenn LT. Just because he had a good rookie season, doesn’t mean you get rid of a guy who has proven to be a quality NFL starter at a very important position. Especially considering that pre trade we had already lost our center, and our entire rigt side has been garbage for a long time. 

• Like (+1) 1

To be clear I’m not suggesting we trade away any of our player, I think the opposite we need some more young talented players on our team, and this year we are set up to possibly do that. 

Basically consider it trading: 

marshon lattimore for tre white

sammy and Darby for Matthews and Gaines 

and cordy 

to move up to get our qb. And then we still have a full normal draft, and extra cap space to stock the cupboard. It’s not like we are going Ricky Williams style to do this.

Edited by NoSaint
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Basically consider it trading: 

marshon lattimore for tre white

sammy and Darby for Matthews and Gaines 

and cordy 

to move up to get our qb. And then we still have a full normal draft, and extra cap space to stock the cupboard. It’s not like we are going Ricky Williams style to do this.

That’s a good way to look at it.