Here we go again with a new QB

RocCityRoller is so spot on with this thread, how can anyone disagree with him.

But some of you do, and that's what makes horse races.

Of the 4 top QBs, the average is 2 will make franchise QBs. If you are lucky 3, and unlucky, only 1.

If the Bills are dumb enough to trade draft choices for one, will they be the team to pick the wrong guy?

The only decent WR is coming off of surgery, and will he have lost whatever talent he had?.

The #2 WR was last seen running around naked with blood on him and management did not even

have the guts to disipline him. So much for trusting the process and changing the culture. They

changed the culture alright to a high school frat house.

McCarron better increase his health insurance with this OL, and why would any QB want to be drafted for

this team the way it is now. The D held up against Jacksonville, so they had better draft WRs and OL

men who can play, otherwise kiss the year goodby, before it starts.

On 4/11/2018 at 4:14 AM, RocCityRoller said:

I know, 80% or so of TBD wants to draft a QB this year no matter the cost.

I want a QB too, but pragmatism says moving up now will be devastatingly expensive. We will have an Indy style QB cripple on a weak team. Andrew Luck has yet to throw a football again....

I think this is a deep QB draft, but not a top QB draft, I see maybe three QBs in this draft being NFL worthy with one second tier QB being good. This would follow QB history. Even the 83 draft had 3 top QBs and 3 misses.

No QB can succeed behind a terrible O-Line, bad WRs and a weak RB situation. Our O-line is now terrible to match the WR situation.

AJ McCarron signed with the Bills with rights to Cordy Glenn at LT, Eric Wood at Center and Incognito at LG. At worst his left side was solid, but all are gone now. AJ McCarron  will not only have a terrible WR corps, but will have a terrible O-line. He will get killed and fail, and fans will slaughter him, despite being in a failing situation. His O-line will suck now as will his WR corps. Any rookie QB coming into this situation will do worse if the Bills trade away their capital.

Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers and even Matt Ryan would look bad behind our current line and WR situation. At best this team has one possession WR, and a gimpy TE, an ageing RB, with one solid T and a good backup C/G. We are pathetic for building up a QB to be successful.

Why would any rookie QB succeed here? They would get killed. We need an O-line and some real weapons to be successful.

I feel bad for AJ McCarron. He is getting a raw deal before starting.

Even worse we will suck in 2018, and not have our top 5 pick in 2019 to build an Offense or Defense around because we traded it for our 'franchise QB'.

Buffalo is so so far behind in talent it needs the 2018 draft to be successful, and then move. We will be a top 5 draft pick team in 2019 and can make our move.

Don't worry. We'll be talking about which QB to trade up for in 2019 after the first OTA.

21 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

this is exactly my point. Thank you. No QB will succeed here behind this O-line/ WR combo.

It will be worse than Indy if we trade the farm away.

So why cant you get the qb first, something we never do, and then build around him? We have over 18 mill left to spend in FA and whatever draft picks we don't trade to draft guys, oh yea and btw we have a draft next year and the year after that. Identify the guy you want get him and build around him.

On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:14 PM, RocCityRoller said:

I know, 80% or so of TBD wants to draft a QB this year no matter the cost.

I want a QB too, but pragmatism says moving up now will be devastatingly expensive. We will have an Indy style QB cripple on a weak team. Andrew Luck has yet to throw a football again....

I think this is a deep QB draft, but not a top QB draft, I see maybe three QBs in this draft being NFL worthy with one second tier QB being good. This would follow QB history. Even the 83 draft had 3 top QBs and 3 misses.

No QB can succeed behind a terrible O-Line, bad WRs and a weak RB situation. Our O-line is now terrible to match the WR situation.

AJ McCarron signed with the Bills with rights to Cordy Glenn at LT, Eric Wood at Center and Incognito at LG. At worst his left side was solid, but all are gone now. AJ McCarron  will not only have a terrible WR corps, but will have a terrible O-line. He will get killed and fail, and fans will slaughter him, despite being in a failing situation. His O-line will suck now as will his WR corps. Any rookie QB coming into this situation will do worse if the Bills trade away their capital.

Tom Brady, Aaron Rogers and even Matt Ryan would look bad behind our current line and WR situation. At best this team has one possession WR, and a gimpy TE, an ageing RB, with one solid T and a good backup C/G. We are pathetic for building up a QB to be successful.

Why would any rookie QB succeed here? They would get killed. We need an O-line and some real weapons to be successful.

I feel bad for AJ McCarron. He is getting a raw deal before starting.

Even worse we will suck in 2018, and not have our top 5 pick in 2019 to build an Offense or Defense around because we traded it for our 'franchise QB'.

Buffalo is so so far behind in talent it needs the 2018 draft to be successful, and then move. We will be a top 5 draft pick team in 2019 and can make our move.

We're making the playoffs again this year. :flirt: 

Calling that now... partially because I just think McDermott and the team are going to find a way to improve on last year and partially just to debunk the ridiculously preemptive negativity 5 months from the start of the regular season.