FBI says McGwire used Steroids

millbank

The recipe called for 1/2 cc of testosterone cypionate every three days; one cc of testosterone enanthate per week; equipoise and winstrol v, 1/4 cc every three days, injected into the buttocks, one in one cheek, one in the other.

It was the cocktail of a hardcore steroids user, and it is one of the "arrays," or steroid recipes, Mark McGwire used to become the biggest thing in baseball in the 1990s, sources have told the Daily News.

Article from New York Daily News

Mcguire and Steroids

Oh this is still just the tip of the iceberg. Since i'm pretty impartial when it comes to MLB, i'm very interested in how this whole thing will play out, who's careers, legacies, and records are ruined, and if there's a ratings spike for cspan next week.

I never expected a baseball player to use steroids. Let alone a baseball player who retired early because he couldn't stay healthy. They'll all end up going down as steroid users. McGwire, Sosa, Bonds and most of the rest of them that have been fingered by Canseco and Congress and rightfully so, if Pete Rose gets banned for off the field gambling, then there's no reason why these guys shouldn't be for on the field cheating.

I never expected a baseball player to use steroids. Let alone a baseball player who retired early because he couldn't stay healthy.  They'll all end up going down as steroid users.  McGwire, Sosa, Bonds and most of the rest of them that have been fingered by Canseco and Congress and rightfully so, if Pete Rose gets banned for off the field gambling, then there's no reason why these guys shouldn't be for on the field cheating.

272898[/snapback]

The difference between the steroid heads in baseball today and Pete Rose is that unlike Rose, the juicers did what they did with the unofficial blessing from the sport.

Baseball was floundering after the strike. Fan interest was at a low. Do you think that the owners were happy or sad to see McGuire hit 550 foot home runs? I have been through with baseball for many years, and even I would turn it on to watch these tape measure blasts. Do you think for a second that the owners objected?

This is strictly my opinion mind you, but I think that baseball is MLB is alive today primarily because of the media push. There are SO many games that the networks, especially WFAN, push baseball ahead of other sports. On superbowl sunday, they were talking about the Florida Marlins. Do you know anybody who cares about the Florida marlins?

Because there is no hard cap, only a few teams baseball teams have, or will ever have a chance to win. As far as I am concerned, the game is ruined.

Btw, I know a former minor league player who is a baseball instructor. He claims that virtually every player from the Dominican Republic is on some sort of steroids from their teen years. It makes sense. These guys have the opportunity to work their asses off in the blazing sun for 10 dollars per week, or play baseball for 15 million per season. What would YOU do?

In summary, roids sell tickets, and I think that almost every sports fan knew that heads dont grow, 20 inch forearms dont just happen, and players dont turn into home run hitters in their mid 30s.

The MLB owners, who now claim to care, are full of sh--.

The simple fact is that a lot of guys in every major sport are using steroids. Why? They work. The people who claim they are shocked that baseball players were on 'roids simply weren't listening to what their eyes were telling them. Anyone could see that Giambi, Bonds, McGuire had significant changes in muscle mass from one season to the next. No human can put on 20 pounds of lean muscle in an offseason without anabolic help, yet we routinely hear how players are coming into whatever camp jacked and ripped. It's not protein and creatine guys, it is and always has been the juice.

RTB

What are the consequences for McGwire using as many steroids as Jose Canseco? McGwire is retired. Do they go take away his money? His records? Send him to jail for using steroids 10+ years ago? The only thing they can do is not vote him into the Hall of Fame. They aren't even punishing current Steroid users Barry Bonds, Jason Giambi and the rest.

But was it truely illegal to use steroids when they were? There is a sign in every clubhouse stating you're not allowed to gamble. There wasn't the same rules around steroid use. They've somewhat changed the rules after the fact which I don't believe you could then bann someone for what they did prior to the rules changing.

I never expected a baseball player to use steroids. Let alone a baseball player who retired early because he couldn't stay healthy.  They'll all end up going down as steroid users.  McGwire, Sosa, Bonds and most of the rest of them that have been fingered by Canseco and Congress and rightfully so, if Pete Rose gets banned for off the field gambling, then there's no reason why these guys shouldn't be for on the field cheating.

272898[/snapback]