My Realistic Dream Scenarios

Bills trade up with Tampa give up a 2nd #53 & a 2 next yr .

1st -#7 Baker Mayfield 

1st- #22 Leighton Vander Esch 

2nd - #55 James Washington 

3rd - #65 Mike Gieski 

3rd- #96 Daruis Leonard 

4th - # 121 Dante Pettis

5th - #166 Shaqeum Griffen 

6th rd - Best RB available either Royce Freeman,  Bo Scarborough or Mark Whalton

This would absolutely be a home run draft in my opinion. We get 2 building blocks in first rd with 2 high energy guys . Mayfield & LVE will be leaders on this team for yrs to come these guys both play with chip on there shoulders and fit the culture that McBeane are trying to instill. With the rest of the draft we fill some major holes with some good prospects . In my opinion all these guys will end up starting in the NFL. 

There was 2 spots that i wouldn't mind to interchange first at #22 Maybe Hurst instead of LVE and at #96 Josey Jowell instead of Daruis Leonard . If we went Hurst at #22 i would hope to get both Jowell & Darius at #96 & #121. 

Scenario #2 

#7 Mayfield 

#22 Hurst 

#55 James Washington 

#65 Mike Gieski 

96 Dareus Leonard 

121 Josey Jewell

166 Shaqeum Griffen 

6th Rd - Bo Scarborough 

4 minutes ago, Steve Billieve said:

Would be nice.  I think "realistic dreams" is a bit of a misnomer.

I wonder how were picking 7 and keeping 22, 55, 65.

We give up 2 2s one this yr and next. The Bucs still get a very good player at #12 and add some draft pks . In this scenario none of the top 3 positional players were available. 

Browns - Darnold 

Giants - Chubb 

Jets-  Rosen

Browns Barkley 

Broncos Allen 

Colts Nelson 

4 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

1st -#7 Baker Mayfield 

3rd - #65 Mike Gieski 

3rd- #96 Daruis Leonard 

4th - # 121 Dante Pettis

6th rd - Best RB available either Royce Freeman,  Bo Scarborough or Mark Whalton

This would absolutely be a home run draft in my opinion. We get 2 building blocks in first rd with 2 high energy guys . Mayfield & LVE will be leaders on this team for yrs to come these guys both play with chip on there shoulders and fit the culture that McBeane are trying to instill. With the rest of the draft we fill some major holes with some good prospects . In my opinion all these guys will end up starting in the NFL. 

There was 2 spots that i wouldn't mind to interchange first at #22 Maybe Hurst instead of LVE and at #96 Josey Jowell instead of Daruis Leonard . If we went Hurst at #22 i would hope to get both Jowell & Darius at #96 & #121. 

Scenario #2 

#7 Mayfield 

#22 Hurst 

#55 James Washington 

#65 Mike Gieski 

96 Dareus Leonard 

121 Josey Jewell

166 Shaqeum Griffen 

6th Rd - Bo Scarborough 

Love draft scenario 1, Mayfield and LVE would be awesome.  Washington is a great pick at 56, Geiski I believe goes higher to the Dolphins at pick 42.

However, if Mayfield slips to 7 only Arizona is in the pathway to move up ahead of us.  I'd wait to see what's being offered knowing we can make a better offer then the Cardinals.  In fact to make this deal I would exchange our first in 2019 for maybe a 2nd or 3rd in 2019.  This way we keep pick 53 and possibly grab an impact DT such as Harrison Phillips at 56 and instead of Geseki I would go OT at 65, and LB at 96 (Shaqueem Griffin).  Then in rounds 4, 5 and 6, would get a CB, RB and G.

49 minutes ago, Steve Billieve said:

possible.  think giants move out of 2, and i think allen falls. at 7 with mayfield on the board there will be some competition for that spot.

Is mayfield you're top qb?

Colts would probably move out of 6 too.

Darnold is my top QB. Mayfield #2 

51 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Love draft scenario 1, Mayfield and LVE would be awesome.  Washington is a great pick at 56, Geiski I believe goes higher to the Dolphins at pick 42.

However, if Mayfield slips to 7 only Arizona is in the pathway to move up ahead of us.  I'd wait to see what's being offered knowing we can make a better offer then the Cardinals.  In fact to make this deal I would exchange our first in 2019 for maybe a 2nd or 3rd in 2019.  This way we keep pick 53 and possibly grab an impact DT such as Harrison Phillips at 56 and instead of Geseki I would go OT at 65, and LB at 96 (Shaqueem Griffin).  Then in rounds 4, 5 and 6, would get a CB, RB and G.

I like your ideas too but i think Shaqeum could be a 5th rd pk 4th at best.  I think he'll be a Hybrid Safety/Lber for us . Mcd will put him in the Shaq Thompson role. 

OT at #65 might not be a great move as far as value is concerned.  OT very weak this yr in draft i would like to push that need into next offseason via free agency or draft. Maybe a C/G player like Ragnow will be a better fit at #65 but if 1 of the TEs are still there we should pk on of them.  Goedart, Andrews or Geiski.

13 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Darnold is my top QB. Mayfield #2 

I like your ideas too but i think Shaqeum could be a 5th rd pk 4th at best.  I think he'll be a Hybrid Safety/Lber for us . Mcd will put him in the Shaq Thompson role. 

OT at #65 might not be a great move as far as value is concerned.  OT very weak this yr in draft i would like to push that need into next offseason via free agency or draft. Maybe a C/G player like Ragnow will be a better fit at #65 but if 1 of the TEs are still there we should pk on of them.  Goedart, Andrews or Geiski.

True, this is a poor year for OT and we can get by with Dawkins, Mills, Newhouse and McDermott.  I think Goedert and Geiski are gone by pick 53 rollls around.  Possibly Mark Andrews would like to play professional ball with Baker Mayfield.  Shaqueem is a first round pick if he didn't have the loss of his hand.  Maybe he does drop.  I do like some guards in this draft and that is a big need for us very soon.

2 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

1st -#7 Baker Mayfield 

3rd - #65 Mike Gieski 

3rd- #96 Daruis Leonard 

4th - # 121 Dante Pettis

Scenario #2 

#7 Mayfield 

#22 Hurst 

#55 James Washington 

#65 Mike Gieski 

96 Dareus Leonard 

121 Josey Jewell

166 Shaqeum Griffen 

6th Rd - Bo Scarborough 

Hell Yeah !! Id do backflips if these happened.

Side note: my dream scenario is Barkley at one and Jackson at four, go browns!

34 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Hell Yeah !! Id do backflips if these happened.

Side note: my dream scenario is Barkley at one and Jackson at four, go browns!

Just trade with us get Jackson at #22 and difference maker at #12 . 

Maybe u can ship that #12 plus a 2 & 3 for OBJ.  Imagine that as a Browns fan?

1 hour ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I would be depressed if we drafted jackson. No thanks on Beckham.

Your a Bills fan  right?  I was talking about the Browns . 

The Browns are very interesting in this convo because they can parlay the 4th overall into a trade with Buffalo in which they can receive multiple pks in return 12, 22,  53 & a 2 next yr. Then they can possibly use some of those pks to trade for OBJ 12, 33 and a 2 next yr . They basically get OBJ and #22 for number 4. 

My dream draft scenario is:

1) Lamar Jackson

1) Dallas Goedert

2) DJ Chark

2) Donte Jackson

3) Dorian O'Daniel

3) Shaquem Griffin

4) Deadrin Senat

5) Timon Parris

6) Lowell Lotulelei 

I have my QB, receiving threats, LSU tandem CBs, LBs in Griffin/O'Daniel, backup OT in Parris and DTs in Senat and little Star. I'm building my team with TALENTED football players

11 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

Your a Bills fan  right?  I was talking about the Browns . 

The Browns are very interesting in this convo because they can parlay the 4th overall into a trade with Buffalo in which they can receive multiple pks in return 12, 22,  53 & a 2 next yr. Then they can possibly use some of those pks to trade for OBJ 12, 33 and a 2 next yr . They basically get OBJ and #22 for number 4. 

Yes, I was just thinking how I would feel if we did that.

Let me be clear .... I want Mayfield of any of these QBs ... .but I'm going to go with the no trade up scenario as I don't want to go Ditka to go into the top 5, but would love to trade up for Mayfield in the 7-9 range .. but think it is unlikely.

#12 - Tremaine Edmunds - LB Va Tech (McD .. .needs a stud LB for his defense ala Kechly)

#22 - Maurice Hurst - DT Mich (Williams replacement)

#53 - DJ Chalk - WR LSU (best speed/size WR in draft)

#56 - Rudolph if drops . .if not Falk - QB

#65 - Billy Price - C (hoping he drops due to injury)

#96 - Kalen Ballage - RB .. just pull his tape from Sr. Bowl .. wrecking ball and can catch ball out of backfield

#121 - Chase Litton - QB Marshall ... (I'm all for drafting two mid tier QBs) ... plus wife went to Marshall ... homer pick

#166 - flyer .. here WR from Purdue Anthony Mahoungou ... check out the game vs Iowa and the Bowl game ..late bloomer

Leave the rest to Beane