NDT Scouting 2018 Top 150 Draft Board

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Not to pick a fight with someone who agrees with me :lol: but you say above that Darnold can be “phenomenal” if he cleans up the turnovers.  I don’t really see that.  Talent-wise, Darnold seems light years behind Rosen.

No... I'm very inviting to the conversation. I do think Rosen is the best of the bunch. But Darnold has some talent too... we differ on where but I think Rosen is light years ahead of Allen more then Darnold

41 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Gee, isn't it funny that with all the professional teams drafting, they will have 4-6 QB's in the first 32, rather than 1.  I guess those guys aren't as smart as the guys who made that list.

We'll only know in about 3-4 years.  We should look at previous draft rags to see how good their prognostication skills really are.  I'd also like to see a montage of the network talking heads describing all the can't miss players that have done nothing in the league. 

59 minutes ago, maryland-bills-fan said:

Gee, isn't it funny that with all the professional teams drafting, they will have 4-6 QB's in the first 32, rather than 1.  I guess those guys aren't as smart as the guys who made that list.

Again this isn't a draft board. It's just their rankings by draft grade. Obviously QBs are so important that they will always be drafted higher, but that doesn't mean they are automatically graded higher than every other prospect.

2 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

I have to ask, why do you think otherwise?

I don't necessarily disagree, it's just a bold prediction is all. I like Jackson a lot. I probably wouldn't rank him above Darnold but I respect them making a bold prediction like that. It's a good test for their methodology.

14 hours ago, HappyDays said:

In most scouting circles Nelson is seen as the can't miss prospect from this draft. They're not saying he's worthy of the #1 overall pick, just that he is the best overall player.

I've got to disagree here. The whole premise of a draft board is establishing who you would take when your pick comes up. What they published looks more like a ranking of prospects by grade, rather than a draft board. It seems quite clear that they haven't weighted it for positional value, and I don't expect them to weight it on needs since they aren't an actual team and need weights are slight at best anyway.

32 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I've got to disagree here. The whole premise of a draft board is establishing who you would take when your pick comes up. What they published looks more like a ranking of prospects by grade, rather than a draft board. It seems quite clear that they haven't weighted it for positional value, and I don't expect them to weight it on needs since they aren't an actual team and need weights are slight at best anyway.

I think it was pretty obvious they were grading them by talent and not positional values.  We all know the Guard isnt going 1st overall.

16 hours ago, frogger said:

Jamarco Jones top twenty?  I like him, I think he’ll convert to a guard seamlessly, but I think he’s a 2nd day pick, maybe third day.

third day. This kind of looks like things a bit slanted towards the horseshoe. Jerome Baker is an athlete but not a good football player and they have him @ #51. Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course but...... yikes. AND Nick  Chubb @ #14 and Billy price  @ #17 seem way, way too high 

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

4 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Again this isn't a draft board. It's just their rankings by draft grade. Obviously QBs are so important that they will always be drafted higher, but that doesn't mean they are automatically graded higher than every other prospect.

I don't necessarily disagree, it's just a bold prediction is all. I like Jackson a lot. I probably wouldn't rank him above Darnold but I respect them making a bold prediction like that. It's a good test for their methodology.

Ok...ok... I hear ya lol