Benjamin contract

He's on a 5th year option for a reasonable salary this year. In 2019, it could be a different story, bit not necessarily. The Bills have little cap $$ dedicated to the WR position. Even if they draft a WR high this year or next, that player won't be taking up much cap space. Benjamin needs to produce to get paid, and last years injuries ( and Tyrod) make it tough to evaluate him. He's not an outside WR that beats you deep. If he produces though, he can still fit in Buffalo's salary structure at a higher salary. You have to look at what they are paying out to WRs as a whole , which is not much. It shouldn't be , as they have practically no talent at the position. A big FA addition next season could change that. But that doesn't seem to fit this FO MO, especially if you see what top FA WRs such as Watkins are getting on the open market. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

KB has injury questions.  That (too me) means two things.  He should want to sign a long term contract now and the longer it goes without a long term contract the more we will pay.  And, the Bills may not want to pay a big contract based on injury questions.  

The sooner it gets done the less the contract will be.

If we sign him before the season starts and he doesn't get hurt this year we will have a good deal.

If we don't sign him before the season starts he will enter FA (most likely).

It really is KB and the Bills wager at this point on health.  Hopefully we both win!

2 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I want to see if he can stay healthy next season first. How he produces in Daboll's offense with (hopefully) better QB play. 

I can easily see him getting a nice contract from Buffalo. We do have a nice chunk of cap space next year. 

Agreed. 

Can he stay healthy? 

Can he produce in a Daboll offense?  

Will he have chemistry with our new QB?

These questions need to be answered.

Edited by hondo in seattle