Bills = The Worst QB Situation in the NFL, c. 3/22/18

2 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

Just 2 TD passes in 8 games against 6 playoff teams (Panthers, Falcons, Saints, Chiefs,  Jags and twice against Pats) says it all. Sorry Charlie your TT is Bye,Bye. LOL

IDGAF about TT just stop please talking about the Saints game lol

56 minutes ago, ngbills said:

These claims make no sense. Lets pick one guys worse game and say this guy could have done better.

This is pointless but AJM threw for less than 200 yards in 2 of his 3 (66%) starts in 2015. Tyrod threw for less in only 5 of his 13 (38%) starts in 2015. 

he just really liked losing the Saints game. So he has to bring it up in threads that have nothing to do with the friggin Saints game.

8 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Which is why they are going another direction. My point is AJM has done nothing to show he is any better. To say, he couldn't do worse is absurd. Go watch the Peterman start again. You would likely be saying the same thing about him - he cant do any worse than 56 yards passing...but oh wait, worst half ever by a QB...

he just really liked losing the Saints game.

21 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

56 yards passing. Inexcusable. and only 2 TD passes in 8 games against playoff teams. Give me a break.

was that the saints game?

4 hours ago, BuffaloFan68 said:

I feel this is the best group of QBs we've had in a while (just be getting rid of TT) and I feel confident that by the end of the year our group of QBs will outperform a lot of other teams including the Dolphins.  

Let's Go Buffalo!!!!!

No. You underestimate what TT was. I want a new QB too but things can definitely get worse. 

McCarron is a total unknown. But a 5th round pick who couldn't move up the depth chart doesn't give me a lot of hope. I will be thrilled to be wrong. Peterman is, well, we saw him. And I am not convinced the Bills should reach on someone at 12 or trade 6 potential starters for a shot at one guy. 

So I agree with the OP: The Bills QB situation is pretty bad. If they trade for Foles, it gets a lot better. Suddenly you have a legit starter and didn't give away the bank for him. 

I am trying to figure out how we can possibly label AJM as "best" or "worst" when we havent even seen him play enough in the NFL to make a determination.....he has been stuck behind a entrenched starter in Cinci and has a winning record when he did  start......other then that the only thing we have is his ultra productive college resume.

The things that are pluses that we do know?

- He is not a retread qb

- He does not have a lot of miles on him

- He has prototypical size for the position

- He has several training camps and pre seasons under his belt

35 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I am trying to figure out how we can possibly label AJM as "best" or "worst" when we havent even seen him play enough in the NFL to make a determination.....he has been stuck behind a entrenched starter in Cinci and has a winning record when he did  start......other then that the only thing we have is his ultra productive college resume.

The things that are pluses that we do know?

- He is not a retread qb

- He does not have a lot of miles on him

- He has prototypical size for the position

- He has several training camps and pre seasons under his belt

This is a 5th round QB. Let’s just temper any excitement and call him what he is: A loooooong shot. 

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Right now there are no expectations....one way or the other.

Havent seen enough of him to have one

He is a very long shot. All the GMs passed on drafting him and no one was eager to sign him. They might all be wrong. I hope they are. 

But any optimism  is in our hearts, not our heads. If he’s the answer, it will defy all odds. Probability is he’s some guy who won’t work out and I have to hope Beane is working on a better solution. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

2 hours ago, Tyrod's friend said:

Assuming that Bradford plays a full year. 

How is it that 12th pick in the draft equates to the 6th or 7th best QB in the draft? And how in the world do you know that for Buffalo and our brain trust, that Lamar Jackson or Mason Rudolph has always been the desired outcome? 

Stop being chicken little, drink some decaf and don't overthink this whole thing.

None of which disputes my point, which is that RIGHT NOW we have the worst QB situation in the NFL. Yes, things could be done to improve that situation, but now those things would have to be to the detriment of other positions, for example, package draft picks to move (way) up and avoid addressing other needs, etc. Perhaps you could use the caffeine, Dr. Pangloss. 

20 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

None of which disputes my point, which is that RIGHT NOW we have the worst QB situation in the NFL. Yes, things could be done to improve that situation, but now those things would have to be to the detriment of other positions, for example, package draft picks to move (way) up and avoid addressing other needs, etc. Perhaps you could use the caffeine, Dr. Pangloss. 

I'm sorry ... I must have missed the point where this is relevant.

Are we playing football this Sunday? /end snarkiness with apologies.

We've got a QB right now that has a career of completing the ball at a 65% (an ability he transferred with him to the pros), of not turning it over, of passing downfield, that is intelligent, a film rat and a team leader. He fits the coaches approach like a bespoke suit. Those are not traits that go anyplace. I'm not expecting a rocket arm, but the things he has already shown are not "system" skills. 

Argue if you'd like. Stomp your feet. I don't care and I'm not worrying.

Or don't. Brew over it. I'd suggest Intelligentsia, whole beans and a French press. 

Cheers.

14 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No. My point is what it says. Right now, we are headed into the season with the worst QB situation in the league, even assuming we draft a QB at 12.  As for McCarron being the best of all available QB prospects: (1) define "prospect." (2) if he was the best, why didn't he garner more interest/a higher salary?  I like signing him for a very affordable price, but I only like it if a one of the true blue chip draft picks comes along with him, and right now, that's not looking so good.

How many games have you seen McCarron play..don't lie.

1 hour ago, Tyrod's friend said:

I'm sorry ... I must have missed the point where this is relevant.

Are we playing football this Sunday? /end snarkiness with apologies.

We've got a QB right now that has a career of completing the ball at a 65% (an ability he transferred with him to the pros), of not turning it over, of passing downfield, that is intelligent, a film rat and a team leader. He fits the coaches approach like a bespoke suit. Those are not traits that go anyplace. I'm not expecting a rocket arm, but the things he has already shown are not "system" skills. 

Argue if you'd like. Stomp your feet. I don't care and I'm not worrying.

Or don't. Brew over it. I'd suggest Intelligentsia, whole beans and a French press. 

Cheers.

If you're talking college career, McCarron threw for like 50 yards a game. I'd hope he's 65% with who? like Amari Cooper, Ingram, and an NFL O-Line.