We should be counting our blessings

1 hour ago, Sky Diver said:

Unlike the previous coach who was a bombastic fool. 

Agreed the Ryan years were such a waste of time. I am still in disbelief at his hire. So YES YES YES I am counting our blessings, everyday.

How many QBs in this draft have back to back championships? People keep saying AJ is a career backup.  Maybe he just hasn't been given a real shot.  Now he's getting one. Nothing wrong that.  The Bills brass will still find another QB, I think, to compete. Nothing wrong with that either. Kind of agree with the OP.  There is a lot to be thankful for.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Mickey said:

Not to be Debbie Downer but, though I think we are finally headed in the right direction, making the playoffs last year was more the result of the NFL's Byzantine tie break formula and a last second fluke in the Bengal game than masterful coaching and a championship level roster.

And oh by the way, its official, I can't get pregnant, *whamp whaaa*

Well, to have been in the position to make it with THAT roster...that was jesus-level miraculous.

25 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

How many QBs in this draft have back to back championships? People keep saying AJ is a career backup.  Maybe he just hasn't been given a real shot.  Now he's getting one. Nothing wrong that.  The Bills brass will still find another QB, I think, to compete. Nothing wrong with that either. Kind of agree with the OP.  There is a lot to be thankful for.

Some here have already written him off. 

2 hours ago, Rockinon said:

He is a BU and is paid like one. 

He couldnt beat out the world beater Andy Dalton. 

We have a competition right now for BU QB and no starter 

I can't find it within myself to be too excited by AJ or Peterman. The most reasonable expectation is that they fit somewhere in the Dalton to Fitz range. The odds are long when it comes to hoping they will be franchise QBs. I'm done being ok with settling, I'm only going to be happy when they nail down a franchise signal caller. 

4 hours ago, Sky Diver said:

We have a ton of picks and it's a QB rich draft, not to mention that we just signed a QB with a lot of potential at a bargain basement price.

Why all of the angst?

Things are finally looking up for Bills' fans.

It's a good feeling..get a QB at 12...then go 100%,all hands on deck,into the LB & wr pools.Get us a rg and rt too.I want to come swim in your 84 degree pool...I'll bring my own towel and some racks of ribs for the grill.GO BILLS!!!!!

26 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He is a BU and is paid like one. 

He couldnt beat out the world beater Andy Dalton. 

We have a competition right now for BU QB and no starter 

He is a BU with very little tape in the NFL.  Look at his collage tape and tell me who is better in this draft. I mean actually go and look at it don't get all snarky and just tell me so and so is way better. Not saying he is a franchise QB any more than one of the candidates in this years draft, but it's not like this guy doesn't have a resume. Back to back championships is a lot of tape. Go look at it.

And as far as the Bengals are concerned, they have historically done very well throughout the season only to get crushed in the playoffs.  Andy Dalton has put up a lot of passing yards. AJ never got a chance. Andy was a known quantity for the Bengals and taking a chance with their BU was never needed.  It is unwise to simply label someone a BU without bothering to investigate. Maybe all this guy needs is a real chance.  The Bills will get another QB from somewhere to compete, but you do not know that AJ can't be a starter.

2 hours ago, Rockinon said:

He is a BU with very little tape in the NFL.  Look at his collage tape and tell me who is better in this draft. I mean actually go and look at it don't get all snarky and just tell me so and so is way better. Not saying he is a franchise QB any more than one of the candidates in this years draft, but it's not like this guy doesn't have a resume. Back to back championships is a lot of tape. Go look at it.

And as far as the Bengals are concerned, they have historically done very well throughout the season only to get crushed in the playoffs.  Andy Dalton has put up a lot of passing yards. AJ never got a chance. Andy was a known quantity for the Bengals and taking a chance with their BU was never needed.  It is unwise to simply label someone a BU without bothering to investigate. Maybe all this guy needs is a real chance.  The Bills will get another QB from somewhere to compete, but you do not know that AJ can't be a starter.

His college tape. Got him drafted in the 5th round. 

And has done Nada since. 

He is a BU. His market was a BU markeyly and Paid like a BU. 

Edited by MAJBobby