We lost out to the jets because we couldn’t offer blue chip

Vickveto

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

What does a “blue chip” have to do with this? It is all about draft picks right now, not players.

Blue chip prospect in the draft, not on a current roster. 12 is too far back for a team to get a blue chip prospect they want.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

What does a “blue chip” have to do with this? It is all about draft picks right now, not players.

I strongly disagree If you do your research about the draft most teams have a range or a list of prospects that they consider blue-chip kind of like college somebody who they think is a franchise player these players usually go in the top 10  so even though we can offer more picks we may not be able to offer them that bona fide stud that they want...multi year projected  pro bowler That can come in and start day one

9 minutes ago, Vickveto said:

That could very well be the case but like I said if the Browns or the Giants want a franchise prospect the Broncos have a leg up on us I was just pointing that out I believe we lost out on three 

Or maybe, just maybe they believe a different QB prospect is a " franchise prospect" than you do. 

1 minute ago, Domdab99 said:

For all we know, the Bills already have a deal in place with the Giants

I think it's false hope to believe in this "secret" deal.

If I'm the Giants, the Bills have nothing for me to help Manning enough this year.  Or,  I want to draft Manning's replacement.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Vickveto said:

If you think the Colts didn’t shop the pick I think you’re nuts. You think they just excepted the first. Offer that was handed to them ?

Or Beane is smart enough to know at 3 two teams can still jump you in the draft.  Maybe Beane and Gettleman have an agreement where they said let's wait till 3 gets moved then we'll come up with a price then, if it doesn't get moved before the draft well make something happen that night.

1 minute ago, Vickveto said:

I strongly disagree If you do your research about the draft most teams have a range or a list of prospects that they consider blue-chip kind of like college somebody who they think is a franchise player these players usually go in the top 10  so even though we can offer more picks we may not be able to offer them that bona fide stud that they want...multi year projected  pro bowler That can come in and start day one

I misunderstood, I thought you meant a player currently in the league. You could be right, although I do think there will still be some very good players still on the board at 12, especially if 4-5 QB’s go off the board early.

1 minute ago, T-Bomb said:

If I'm the Giants, the Bills have nothing for me to help Manning enough this year.  Or,  I want to draft Manning's replacement.

Idk...Nelson at 12 sounds right. Maybe a RB at 22 like Chubb or Guice

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

Idk...Nelson at 12 sounds right. Maybe a RB at 22 like Chubb or Guice

I think our best option is to trade one of those first so we can get in the running for a franchise quarterback again if we lose out we’re going to need ammo again to try if we fail 

6 minutes ago, T-Bomb said:

I think the writing is on the wall is going to cost us three first  two this year and our one next year and possibly a little extra