Lenny P's column

Beerball

McGee received a Preformance Based Pay bonus of $133,000, money well spent by the league. Congratulations Terrence!

A little Travis news. TD wants a #2. Lenny speculates that he may take a #4 that could conditionally turn into a 2. That's a pretty specific bit of speculation, so I wonder what Lenny has heard.

linky

A little Travis news.  TD wants a #2.  Lenny speculates that he may take a #4 that could conditionally turn into a 2.  That's a pretty specific bit of speculation, so I wonder what Lenny has heard.

linky

271569[/snapback]

that is without a doubt the best way to go.

make it conditional....with nothing lower than a fourth. that way if he stinks it up....just by chance, you get something of value. if he lights it up....which is what i expect him to do....you get great value.

McGee received a Preformance Based Pay bonus of $133,000, money well spent by the league.  Congratulations Terrence!

A little Travis news.  TD wants a #2.  Lenny speculates that he may take a #4 that could conditionally turn into a 2.  That's a pretty specific bit of speculation, so I wonder what Lenny has heard.

linky

271569[/snapback]

There is still a lot of hand-wringing going on at TSW over Travis Henry. I think folks should just put it out of mind. If they can't get value for him, there is no sense in trading him. The Bills clearly needed to make the move last offseason to ensure value, they didn't, and now they should just let him play out his deal if they can't get at least a second round pick. For all we know, McGahee gets hurt in the preseason, Travis runs for 1600 yards and the Bills can turn him around for something tangible in the offseason. It's a buyers market and they don't HAVE to sell. Talk of lockerroom disruption or whatever is laughable. He's a RB, not a QB. McGahee has his teammates respect and Travis has $1M coming, noboby's going to be disrupted.

I feel the need to sit Donahoe down and smack him upside the head with a dead fish.

Get what you can for Travis!

271596[/snapback]

:blush:

Wow, you say that w/o regard to who will be Willis' backup! Do you realize that he won't be on the field for 100% of the snaps? We need someone capable of spelling him who can do damage rushing the ball and I can't think of anyone right now who can pretty much guarantee he can do that AND not tax the salary cap.

There is more involved that just Travis here. Please don't even think that Shaud can handle the punishment like Willis and Travis can between the tackles.

If all we can get for Henry is a 4th, then I say keep him and let him earn his big contract by playing well as the backup and not B word about it.

BADOLBILZ: hindsight is 20/20 and even you didn't know Willis would be effective as he was. No one knew!!!!!!! He was coming off major knee surgery. If Travis wasn't here, who would be there to replace him?

If all we can get for Henry is a 4th, then I say keep him and let him earn his big contract by playing well as the backup and not B word about it.

271910[/snapback]

and then let him leave as an UFA after next season? Sorry I'd take the 4th and hope we can find another Terrence McGee or Andre Reed.

For all we know, McGahee gets hurt in the preseason, Travis runs for 1600 yards and the Bills can turn him around for something tangible in the offseason.

271905[/snapback]

how would we get something tangible, he is an unrestricted free agent after this season?