Interesting Tyrod Stat from Mike Rodak

2 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Yes!

Which is why I get so upset that people want to replace our starting RG in Vlad Ducasse or our starting RT Mills. Obviously they were great because we broke the drought! Ditto for fan favorite Mike Tolbert.

Hey looks like we agree after all!  Tolbert didn’t throw into tight windows but at least he had zero interceptions. 

Edited by nedboy7
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Just a guess, but maybe because 8 points is within 1 score- meaning the game is still in reach.  (No sarcasm intended).

Yeah I figured that's why they picked the number, but also likely a bit of searching for biased statistics at play.

I guarantee that the number was picked to make Tyrod appear as poorly as possible.  I would bet Tyrod's assessment from this report improves if looking at 9pts/10pts/7pts/6pts etc...  Maybe not great, but Rodak is searching for a stat that makes him look bad.

7 hours ago, Jobot said:

Yeah I figured that's why they picked the number, but also likely a bit of searching for biased statistics at play.

I guarantee that the number was picked to make Tyrod appear as poorly as possible.  I would bet Tyrod's assessment from this report improves if looking at 9pts/10pts/7pts/6pts etc...  Maybe not great, but Rodak is searching for a stat that makes him look bad.

I think it’s the 50 passing attempts. There are 4 qbs that are pretty awful just under that line. I posted it up thread but I believe he only has like 71 passes. He was one of the lowerer ranked in terms of attempts (doesn’t explain his poor efficiency metrics though). I included 4th quarter plus OT with 50 attempts and he looked much more middling.