Time for Bill Polian to Retire

KDIGGZ

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 6:44 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I had no idea you were Peter Pan! ****** Legend! You must still run like a 4.0

lol......he runs......but he can be caught.......

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 7:36 PM, JohnC said:

When Russell Wilson was drafted he made an emphatic statement as a draft commentator that it must be understood that he would never be a starter in this league. He stated that he will never be anything more than a backup. 

I have heard Polian speak about his philosophy in drafting players. He was very committed to analytics relating to the physical profile for positions that included not only physical measurements but also athletic measurements such as speed etc. For his time he was very advanced in that area. The one area of weakness that seems to become more pronounced now that he is not involved in running a franchise is that he has not expanded and used more flexibility within his own methodology. If Polian was still in the business he probably wouldn't be interested in drafting a qb such as Lamar Jackson and Russell Wilson.  

Bill Polian is clearly not 100% on his game anymore however on the QB issue....

He would still do Ok just drafting proto-typical QB's and following Bill Parcells rules for drafting QB...you know 4 yr starter winning accuracy at certain level etc etc.....

Edited by cba fan

1 hour ago, cba fan said:

lol......he runs......but he can be caught.......

Bill Polian is clearly not 100% on his game anymore however on the QB issue....

He would still do Ok just drafting proto-typical QB's and following Bill Parcells rules for drafting QB...you know 4 yr starter winning accuracy at certain level etc etc.....

If the Bill Parcells rules were applied in this draft Mayfield, Darnold and Jackson would not be considered. That would be a foolishly limiting approach to take for this qb starved team. Bill Polian is a HOF GM. He is getting older and seems to be out of touch with today's game. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If the Bill Parcells rules were applied in this draft Mayfield, Darnold and Jackson would not be considered. That would be a foolishly limiting approach to take for this qb starved team. Bill Polian is a HOF GM. He is getting older and seems to be out of touch with today's game. 

Agree and would add I would not use Bill Parcells method 100%.

That is where the evolving nature of drafting comes into play. Many high end guys now come out early so you factor that in. Not a big factor when BIll Parcells was in his prime.

Edited by cba fan

On 2/20/2018 at 4:27 PM, Gugny said:

Another former Buffalo Bill whose voice I'm sick of hearing.

Polian is a self-absorbed blowhard.  I hope Jackson makes him eat his words.  I’m confident he will.  

You trade Foles when his value is his highest...now.  

On 2/20/2018 at 7:42 PM, Limeaid said:

Do not even need to open actual link to know it is you in your Peter Pan outfit; got tired of such posts and have my browser block images from that server.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/515/peter_flies2_adj_680h.jpg

Could you try a new outfit? Maybe Tinkerbell outfit suits you better.

I didnt even open it until you said it was peter pan. thats a shame lol