Colts' LB Edwin Jackson Killed by Suspected Drunk Driver on I-70

1 minute ago, Just Jack said:

All the ones I saw yesterday just said drunk driver. It was sometime today that I noticed they started using illegal immigrant

It sucks that they even mention these guys names that does this. Every new story should just put "some !@#$"

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

Do you have proof of that or you just like to run your goddamn mouth?

Nice language. Im gonna let Mueller provide the proof and then watch him burn that scumbag to the ground. Trumps going down and hes going down hard. Its gonna be beautiful. 

5 hours ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Nice language. Im gonna let Mueller provide the proof and then watch him burn that scumbag to the ground. Trumps going down and hes going down hard. Its gonna be beautiful. 

Well, since you're so ignorant about this and like to pretend to be educated on the subject....

DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Flynn Flipped

Unfortunately, the boards largest troll started the topic but it's been addressed 

Step on up to where this belongs.  You're going to find you're wrong entirely. 

Edut:. So you, like Mueller have no proof. But carry on my wayward snowflake. The truth is going to hurt you.  Ignorance is bliss, enjoy it.

Edited by Boyst62

7 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

This stuff is never gonna end in my lifetime. Nobody cares enough to throw the book on them. Really accepted now. 

Not at all, getting society to be aware of how horrible drunk driving is, and getting society to heavily reduce it over the last 35 or so years has been an amazing cultural accomplishment.

just because some continue to violate the world by not adjusting doesn’t mean it’s been an overall failure.

A little off topic, but I have drilled into both of my kids that if you get a flat, you run out of gas, your car dies, whatever the reason, if you are on a highway and need to be on the shoulder, get the hell out of the car and stand far away. With the number of distractions in cars nowadays, people drifting lanes is quite common. Seems to me the shoulder of an interstate is insanely unsafe.

Sig, I know it looks like SOP for police to park diagonally now and interact from the passenger side now, any thoughts to having people get out of the vehicle on interstates and wait for ticket far away from potential danger of getting hit?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

How many losses does our society need. It’s a joke 

Read the paper how many drunks continue to drive with multiple dwi infractions. 

The poor don’t have to care about the law or society, many disdain the law as a matter of pride 

1 hour ago, Helpmenow said:

This stuff is never gonna end in my lifetime. Nobody cares enough to throw the book on them. Really accepted now. 

It's too easy to defend the cases in court which means the states are now ultra strict. It's amazing. It needs to be addressed

57 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

A little off topic, but I have drilled into both of my kids that if you get a flat, you run out of gas, your car dies, whatever the reason, if you are on a highway and need to be on the shoulder, get the hell out of the car and stand far away. With the number of distractions in cars nowadays, people drifting lanes is quite common. Seems to me the shoulder of an interstate is insanely unsafe.

Sig, I know it looks like SOP for police to park diagonally now and interact from the passenger side now, any thoughts to having people get out of the vehicle on interstates and wait for ticket far away from potential danger of getting hit?

I've known two people killed trying to change their tire on the side of a highway

10 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

what in the world does this mean?

the poor don't often care about the law of the land

songs dedicated to the poor lifestyle glorify in breaking as many laws as they can, do you want some lyrics if you can't think of any?

the middle class had fully adopted the Drunk Driving concerns of society, they lose real hard if they are convicted

the rich can sometimes get out of killing people with their car, they are not as worried as the middle class

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

the poor don't often care about the law of the land

songs dedicated to the poor lifestyle glorify in breaking as many laws as they can, do you want some lyrics if you can't think of any?

the middle class had fully adopted the Drunk Driving concerns of society, they lose real hard if they are convicted

the rich can sometimes get out of killing people with their car, they are not as worried as the middle class

:lol::lol:  Thank you for the laugh!!! 

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Parking diagonally has two benefits. It can help in the event of a rear end collision,  but it also provides more cover for the officer in case of a sudden gun fight. 

As far as getting people out of cars and having them wait a distance away from the roadway,  it's an interesting thought.   Personally, I don't think it will be a standard way of doing things because cops like to be able to keep an eye on their violators as best they can.   If I get them out,  and there is a guardrail,  I have had them stand on the other side of the guardrail. If they stay in their car, it is a relatively safe place for them in the event of a collision, too. 

The way cops handle their traffic stops are generally left up to the individual officer. My agency doesn't force us into one particular method.  Every traffic stop is different.

Just now, Sig1Hunter said:

Parking diagonally has two benefits. It can help in the event of a rear end collision,  but it also provides more cover for the officer in case of a sudden gun fight. 

As far as getting people out of cars and having them wait a distance away from the roadway,  it's an interesting thought.   Personally, I don't think it will be a standard way of doing things because cops like to be able to keep an eye on their violators as best they can.   If I get them out,  and there is a guardrail,  I have had them stand on the other side of the guardrail. If they stay in their car, it is a relatively safe place for them in the event of a collision, too. 

The way cops handle their traffic stops are generally left up to the individual officer. My agency doesn't force us into one particular method.  Every traffic stop is different.

Thank you, and all makes sense.

28 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

:lol::lol:  Thank you for the laugh!!! 

I think that, while not the most eloquent of posters, row has a point.  The poor in society are forced into the same social contract and set of laws as everyone else but reap far fewer perceived benefits.  The perceived benefits of breaking the law (stealing, driving without a license, crossing a border illegally) often outweigh the perceived benefits of following the law.  Add to this certain urban lifestyles that glorify and require violence and criminal activity (gangs, !@#$ the police, etc.) and much of what he's saying is accurate.

23 minutes ago, LeviF91 said:

I think that, while not the most eloquent of posters, row has a point.  The poor in society are forced into the same social contract and set of laws as everyone else but reap far fewer perceived benefits.  The perceived benefits of breaking the law (stealing, driving without a license, crossing a border illegally) often outweigh the perceived benefits of following the law.  Add to this certain urban lifestyles that glorify and require violence and criminal activity (gangs, !@#$ the police, etc.) and much of what he's saying is accurate.

at the risk of moving to PPP, of course, more crime is committed by the poorer sections of any society, same as it ever was. 

But to think poor people, (and rich according to 33)  drive drunk more than middle-class people is just absurd in my mind. Lots o poor people in "urban" lifestyles as you say do not even have a car. And they certainly tend to stay home , and or close to home, to get their drunk on.  It's cheaper, and they ain't got lots of money, they poor after all!!!!

DUI is most often an issue associated with age, not race or income. Young people tend to be dumber when it comes to this stuff, I sure as hell know I was. Plenty of studies bear that out, and more than happy to link if requested. 

11 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

at the risk of moving to PPP, of course, more crime is committed by the poorer sections of any society, same as it ever was. 

But to think poor people, (and rich according to 33)  drive drunk more than middle-class people is just absurd in my mind. Lots o poor people in "urban" lifestyles as you say do not even have a car. And they certainly tend to stay home , and or close to home, to get their drunk on.  It's cheaper, and they ain't got lots of money, they poor after all!!!!

DUI is most often an issue associated with age, not race or income. Young people tend to be dumber when it comes to this stuff, I sure as hell know I was. Plenty of studies bear that out, and more than happy to link if requested. 

DUI is an  every man's crime.  This is one of the reasons why it is litigated so hard.  Lots of people that are otherwise law abiding citizens get busted for it.  Those people are willing to dole out thousands upon thousands of dollars to get out of the case.  High dollar lawyers that specialize in DUI Defense + inexperienced prosecutors fresh out of law school + cops making arrests on what they "believe" (and then being ineffective at testifying why they came to  they conclusion) = lots of drunks beating their cases = lots of recidivism in the crime = people getting hurt and killed = politicians placing impotent laws in place that do little to help the problem.  

• Like (+1) 1