Your state sucks! Oh yeah - well, you suck more!

R.I. Gov.                                                                                                          Conn. Gov.

image.jpeg.26d778b4f28efbdd03a15f7c66e79c72.jpeg "your state sucks".....................................image.jpeg.88395b6d095387d58eafcb53c9b2a4a4.jpeg..."your state sucks"

Image result for gov. cuomo, hold my beer"Hold my beer"

As a Rhode Islander, all I can say about the issue is that I am currently planning my exodus, largely due to the onerous tax burden it imposes on me, which will not be helped by the new tax overhaul which will prevent me from deducting my absurd level of blue state taxation; but that my exodus will absolutely not be to Connecticut.  **** burger vs. turd sandwich.

10 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

As a Rhode Islander, all I can say about the issue is that I am currently planning my exodus, largely due to the onerous tax burden it imposes on me, which will not be helped by the new tax overhaul which will prevent me from deducting my absurd level of blue state taxation; but that my exodus will absolutely not be to Connecticut.  **** burger vs. turd sandwich.

Word of advice... Stay clear of Maryland... We may not be Sh t or turd, but it is certainly brown and runny... 

35 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Delaware is very tax friendly the last I knew.

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I'd avoid New Jersey as well, if you hate property taxes.

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/3/2018 at 2:34 AM, KD in CA said:

Nothing like idiots arguing over whose state sucks worse....as a result of their left wing policies.   Don't miss it at all.

So you live in CA to escape left wing policies....?  Cue Nancy Pelosi and her peeps from the left coast; camera boom left to the sanctuary movements throughout CA; focus on  Gov. Brown and others espousing high speed rail in the face of crying social needs in the big coastal cities, huh?

Edited by Keukasmallie

2 hours ago, Keukasmallie said:

So you live in CA to escape left wing policies....?  Cue Nancy Pelosi and her peeps from the left coast; camera boom left to the sanctuary movements throughout CA; focus on  Gov. Brown and others espousing high speed rail in the face of crying social needs in the big coastal cities, huh?

Actually I didn't say anything close that.   I said I don't miss the idiots in CT who, along with the idiots in RI, have been in a race to be as liberal of MA for decades and it's now costing them economically.  Ideally yes, we'd have fewer liberal loonies in CA and lower tolerance for bums pissing on Market Street, but the fact remains the Bay Area has a ridiculously booming economy that the Northeast doesn't, and if you want exposure a large variety of tech jobs and live somewhere with excellent schools for your kids, then the best place is still near large coastal cities.

Plus the weather and natural beauty here beats just about anywhere else in the US.   That's why I live here.  I can ignore shrill idiots who think Trump = Hilter easier than I can ignore douchebag Pats* fans all over CT.

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Actually I didn't say anything close that.   I said I don't miss the idiots in CT who, along with the idiots in RI, have been in a race to be as liberal of MA for decades and it's now costing them economically.  Ideally yes, we'd have fewer liberal loonies in CA and lower tolerance for bums pissing on Market Street, but the fact remains the Bay Area has a ridiculously booming economy that the Northeast doesn't, and if you want exposure a large variety of tech jobs and live somewhere with excellent schools for your kids, then the best place is still near large coastal cities.

Plus the weather and natural beauty here beats just about anywhere else in the US.   That's why I live here.  I can ignore shrill idiots who think Trump = Hilter easier than I can ignore douchebag Pats* fans all over CT.

In the interest of complete clarity:  I hate the Patriots with a smouldering fire intensity.  

Additionally, I just returned from thirty days in Santa Barbara visiting son and daughter-in-law.  During that time the wife and I endured three minor earth quakes, the largest wildfire in CA's history and the tragic mudslide in Montecito.  That experince jaundiced me just a bit.

Admittedly, the weather in CA is sometimes better than that here in western New York, BUT our "Snowmagedons" melt annually and we don't have to rebuild homes and infrastructure.  On the other hand, the surfing sux.

45 minutes ago, Keukasmallie said:

In the interest of complete clarity:  I hate the Patriots with a smouldering fire intensity.  

Additionally, I just returned from thirty days in Santa Barbara visiting son and daughter-in-law.  During that time the wife and I endured three minor earth quakes, the largest wildfire in CA's history and the tragic mudslide in Montecito.  That experince jaundiced me just a bit.

Admittedly, the weather in CA is sometimes better than that here in western New York, BUT our "Snowmagedons" melt annually and we don't have to rebuild homes and infrastructure.  On the other hand, the surfing sux.

Yeah, just slightly. 

We finally felt our first minor rumble a few weeks back.  Enough to wake me up, but not enough to keep me from falling back asleep ten minutes later.

We love this environment for kids so we'll reassess in ten years when they're off to college.  If necessary we'll move somewhere cheaper, but if we're in position to stay we probably will for the location, community and weather.  And actually, aside from the occasional mountain road sliding into the sea, the roads here are great since it never freezes. I haven't seen a pot hole in 2 years.

55 minutes ago, Keukasmallie said:

I used to work in the Industrial Park on the east side of 101 in Carpenteria. My office overlooked the ocean and the Rincon. We would often have pick up softball games in a park in Montecito.