In-Depth Breakdown of Josh Rosen by Eliot Crist, Matt Waldman, Greg Cosell, and Others

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to In-Depth Breakdown of Josh Rosen by Eliot Crist, Matt Waldman, Greg Cosell, and Others
On 2/15/2018 at 8:14 PM, ndirish1978 said:

Totally agree. I guess my philosophy in drafting QBs is that you are never 100% certain on anyone coming out of college so minimizing risk as much as possible is really the only thing you can do to help improve your odds. Rosen may have the best physical tools, but if your grade on him is even remotely close to Darnold, or Mayfield (might as well throw Allen in there since Manock has him rated higher), then you are probably better served drafting the guy with less questions. Which is probably why Mayock has Rosen #3.  

I see Mayfield as having just as many, or more, questions as Rosen. 

He also had at least 3 concussions that I am aware of (he had 2 in 3 weeks in college, and even after that said he would not change his play style to better protect against injury). I just feel like with Rosen, you can maybe at least help limit the injury risks. You build a good o line around him and you can limit the risks more so than with Mayfield, who's game will always include a lot of play outside the pocket. I also think Rosen has the frame to be able to bulk up once he gets proper training and diet from NFL staffs. Plus it's worth mentioning that the NFL does a very good job protecting their QBs with the rules, more so than in college. 

They both have their personality concerns. But Mayfield has legitimate off field concerns too, having been arrested & trying to run away from the police. Where as Rosen doesn't have anything like that in his history. Hes never bene in any legal trouble. 

And Allen may not have the same personality or off field concerns, but his play on the field has a lot more red flags IMO. 

The the way I see it, every one of these top QBs has their legitimate question marks. 

I guess we just have to trust that Beane fully vetted whoever he ends up drafting. 

On 3/16/2018 at 9:58 PM, Mij yllek said:

Great! If that allows him to drop to the Bills, that would be amazing. 

I could care care less about the politics of my QB, or any player for that matter. It doesn't factor into my evaluation at all. I think it's incredibly dumb to pass on such a gifted QB prospect over something like this. I just don't see why it should matter.

I just hope the Bills feel the same way... lol. 

Edited by BillsFan4

On 3/16/2018 at 9:02 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's the guy who created a thread about the era of Peterman. That should tell you everything. 

TBF, I think that was a joke

On 3/16/2018 at 8:58 PM, Mij yllek said:

When I heard that because of the cast remarks to VP Pence, all good Republicans and Conservatives were boycotting Hamilton, I rubbed my hands and chortled.

I got on the horn for tickets right away when they went on sale in my town.  Immediately.

Had to settle for 4 seats that were widely separated.  Bunch of Malarky, all that boycott talk.  Either that or durn lot of Liberals who can afford big bucks for a show ticket in this town.

I'm equally excited to hear that Rosen is hurting his draft stock because of his hat and his hottub.  Let him fall to #12!  Whoo hoo!

But I'm worried it will prove to be an equal Bunch of Malarky.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan