QB: Mike White WKU

14 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

That makes no sense. Buddy was the buffoon that took a 4th round qb in round 1 and before any other qb in the draft. The guy took a top 3 bust in Bills history at the top of a draft. 

Buddy Nix is the guy who never pulled the trigger on a qb because the Bills had them slotted lower. You wait for your qb, you lose.

Then, when backed into a corner and in desperate need he reached. The reach came after many passes. Logic works, though some only remember his last draft.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, simpleman said:

Of course I would love a Darnold, a Rosen, or maybe a Mayfield. But not at the cost of multiple high picks. If we can get a White, a Rudolf or other 2nd tier QB and let him sit a year behind a decent bridge QB like a Smith, that would be great. But not at 21 or 22. Trade down with one of the top picks and get whoever you like best when you pick then. Remember Tre was a late round trade down pick. The talent will be there if you pick right. Use the extra picks to fill holes with a BPA at need positions. You have a very good chance of getting a future non QB starter in the 2nd and 3rd rounds this year in certain categories of need. Give the new rookie the chance to duel it out with Peterman behind the decent bridge QB and see if either one  has enough to keep around next year. If neither has it, try again next year and draft another promising rookie. I don't want to see us wasting top picks on 2nd tier QBs, or making foolish trade ups that squander your picks. Please no repeats of  giving up a ransom to trade up for players and then letting them go for so little like for Watkins. It sets you back years if you gamble and choose wrong.

I want to know what the cost actually is before I say it costs too much to move up.

I really think this is the year we need to try to get that qb

If we draft a mid round QB to develop as a backup behind NP I'd take a hard look at Tanner Lee.

He didn't wow folks at the Sr. Bowl and his college career wasn't the greatest on paper, but he has all the prototypical NFL starting QB qualities that NFL front offices and coaching staffs drool over.

On 1/25/2018 at 1:56 PM, ndirish1978 said:

I don't get returning to the well of "let's take a non-elite QB." We have gone that route since JK retired with the exception of Manuel and it has never worked.  

I don’t think anyone intentionally avoids elite QBs.  Is just difficult to diagnose out of college. 

The consensus overall top QB hit rate seems to be improving, but there is still RG3.

Mariotta and Bortles still have a looooooong way to go to be considered ‘elite’.  Winston isn’t quite there yet either... 

2014s head of the class looks to be Carr and jimmy G thus far, both second rounders.  Not the first round group of bortles, Manziel or Teddy

Dak was the 8th guy off of the board at QB in 2016, but off to just as good of a start as Goff and Wentz

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, simpleman said:

Of course I would love a Darnold, a Rosen, or maybe a Mayfield. But not at the cost of multiple high picks. If we can get a White, a Rudolf or other 2nd tier QB and let him sit a year behind a decent bridge QB like a Smith, that would be great. But not at 21 or 22. Trade down with one of the top picks and get whoever you like best when you pick then. Remember Tre was a late round trade down pick. The talent will be there if you pick right. Use the extra picks to fill holes with a BPA at need positions. You have a very good chance of getting a future non QB starter in the 2nd and 3rd rounds this year in certain categories of need. Give the new rookie the chance to duel it out with Peterman behind the decent bridge QB and see if either one  has enough to keep around next year. If neither has it, try again next year and draft another promising rookie. I don't want to see us wasting top picks on 2nd tier QBs, or making foolish trade ups that squander your picks. Please no repeats of  giving up a ransom to trade up for players and then letting them go for so little like for Watkins. It sets you back years if you gamble and choose wrong.

I would be good with this strategy.

If Rosen falls out of the top 2 and we can make a trade up to grab him I would be good with that too, even if it takes 3 picks

I would be good with "sign Cousins".

I'm just not OK with the same-ol same-ol 'fraid to pull the trigger, unwilling to make the spend, 2nd tier FA/3-4 round draft pick QB acquisition strategy.