Bass amp & cab for sale (musical gear)

4_kidd_4

Posting here for locals in the area, this would be pick up/drop off within reason. Too heavy to ship. Haven’t played out in 10 years, this stuff belongs with someone who will use it!

Ampeg 6x10 bass cabinet SVT-610HLF

Used not abused, tolex wear from travel. All speakers/horn function and sound crystal clear.

Here’s a listing for it new;

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SVT610HLF

Ampeg SVT-350 H Classic (solid state)

One slider on the EQ is broken(can still be manipulated w a guitar pick),  and the cooling fan rattles a bit.

new listing;

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/ampeg-svt-350h-classic-head

DM w reasonable offers, thanks!

• 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:02 PM, 4_kidd_4 said:

Posting here for locals in the area, this would be pick up/drop off within reason. Too heavy to ship. Haven’t played out in 10 years, this stuff belongs with someone who will use it!

Ampeg 6x10 bass cabinet SVT-610HLF

Used not abused, tolex wear from travel. All speakers/horn function and sound crystal clear.

Here’s a listing for it new;

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SVT610HLF

Ampeg SVT-350 H Classic (solid state)

One slider on the EQ is broken(can still be manipulated w a guitar pick),  and the cooling fan rattles a bit.

new listing;

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/ampeg-svt-350h-classic-head

DM w reasonable offers, thanks!

Were you able to move this?

My son's next investment is going to be a bass rig.  We're looking at the micro heads - specifically Markbass (~300 watt solid state) and maybe a 2x10 cab.

Are you downsizing, or just not playing at all?

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

Were you able to move this?

My son's next investment is going to be a bass rig.  We're looking at the micro heads - specifically Markbass (~300 watt solid state) and maybe a 2x10 cab.

Are you downsizing, or just not playing at all?

Nah, it’s still just a paperweight right now. I’m not being super aggressive trying to move it, I don’t want to do Craigslist bc I don’t want random people coming by my house. May try ebay eventually.

I don’t play out at all anymore, that ship has sailed. Just plunk a little blues here and there in my spare time, I’ll never let go of my Rickenbacker. Might grab an ampeg microstack someday, just for the heck of it.

What’s your son playing through now? How long has he been playing?

He started playing a couple years ago.  Bass was his first instrument.  He was playing through a 90-watt Hartke combo, but that thing weighed a friggin' ton.

About six months after getting the bass, he started to show more interest in electric guitar.  So I got him a Squier strat (vibe series - I swear this thing is just as nice as the standard American strats) and a little Line 6 amp.

He took off at an amazing rate of speed.  He's always been a natural with music, but he the way he took to guitar was mind-blowing. 

Last year, I bought him a Schecter Hellraiser Hybrid C-1 (like new) and a Peavey 6505+ 1x12 combo (60 watts/Tube) amp (also like new) for $900 out the door (Adirondack Guitar in Hudson Falls, NY).  He's a lefty, so getting decent used gear is not easy.

A couple months ago, he expressed interest in getting a guitar with a Floyd Rose.  For Christmas, I bought him a used Ibanez (the exact model he was looking for) for $300 from Parkway Music in Clifton Park, NY.  This thing turned out to be a dud.  Would not stay in tune and the tremolo system was horrible.  Parkway offered to repair it, but we chose to just get my money back.

So I told him that $300 was for a guitar and if he wanted something more expensive, he'd need to use his own money (he'll be 15 in March).

Back to ADK Guitar we went and he played/fell in love with brand new LTD KH-602 (Kirk Hammet signature model).  It's a $900 guitar with a Floyd Rose 1000 series trem.  They told him he could have it for $750 out the door (being a lefty, it wasn't moving, so that was my son's gain).  So my son picked some of his gear out to trade in - including that Hartke amp (plus a couple pedals and a couple guitars that he never played) - and racked up $400 in store credit.  With the $300 from the Christmas dud guitar, he only had to fork over $50 of his own money.

So we just recently bought a smaller practice amp (30 watt Fender Rumble) so he'd have something to play through.  He still plays a lot of bass, but he plays his guitars a minimum of 2 hours/day, every day.

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 1

Wow, good for him, you guys know what you want and you get it! That’s great to have supportive parents, and even better that he is so dedicated, keep at it! I’d def say stick w both, bass players are always in demand.

That’s kinda how I ended up a four-stringer. All my buddies played guitar and I started out on it too. But the first time I picked up a bass, it was instant love. The weight, the feel

of the strings, the boom! I still love it. Plus, four fingers, four strings, it’s just natural ;)

Funny coincidence here, the first time I picked up a guitar I picked it up lefty and it felt so right. My dad said “nope, flip that over.  You play lefty you’ll never find good gear you want”. Been a righty ever since. I guess he saved me some trouble down the line but dammit, lefty players are such a cool quirk and a couple of my all-time faves are lefties- Paul McCartney, Jerry Casale of Devo.

16 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Wow, good for him, you guys know what you want and you get it! That’s great to have supportive parents, and even better that he is so dedicated, keep at it! I’d def say stick w both, bass players are always in demand.

That’s kinda how I ended up a four-stringer. All my buddies played guitar and I started out on it too. But the first time I picked up a bass, it was instant love. The weight, the feel

of the strings, the boom! I still love it. Plus, four fingers, four strings, it’s just natural ;)

Funny coincidence here, the first time I picked up a guitar I picked it up lefty and it felt so right. My dad said “nope, flip that over.  You play lefty you’ll never find good gear you want”. Been a righty ever since. I guess he saved me some trouble down the line but dammit, lefty players are such a cool quirk and a couple of my all-time faves are lefties- Paul McCartney, Jerry Casale of Devo.

I told him how much money he could make in a Beatles or a Nirvana tribute band, someday.

Funny story you shared about your dad.  Similarly, when he started showing interest in guitar, the only guitars in the house were mine and I'm a righty.

He was holding my guitar left-handed/upside down and teaching himself chords.  I was like "NOOOOOOOO, if you want to play guitar, we need to get you a lefty!"

I knew a guy in high school who taught himself how to play upside down (he was a lefty); it was the only way he played and still is.  And this dude smokes.

But yeah ... even new gear is very limited.  Most guitar shops only carry lefty Les Pauls and Strats.  And a lot of guitar models don't even come in lefty models.

Cover bands are where the $$ is, no question.  

Hard to break out of the local/regional scene with originals, you have to be a dedicated tour warrior, and I mean bad/no pay shows and sleeping on floors. I tried it a couple times, def not cut out for that lifestyle.

2 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Cover bands are where the $$ is, no question.  

Hard to break out of the local/regional scene with originals, you have to be a dedicated tour warrior, and I mean bad/no pay shows and sleeping on floors. I tried it a couple times, def not cut out for that lifestyle.

I've had a few friends give it a try, as well, but they ended up keeping their day jobs and just play locally.

If my son ever expresses interest in heading to NYC or LA to give it a shot, I'll not only support him, but I'll probably try to tag along!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/1/2018 at 3:04 PM, Gugny said:

I've had a few friends give it a try, as well, but they ended up keeping their day jobs and just play locally.

If my son ever expresses interest in heading to NYC or LA to give it a shot, I'll not only support him, but I'll probably try to tag along!

Cuz you still live the "High" life!  

On ‎3‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 10:49 AM, 4_kidd_4 said:

I tried it a couple times, def not cut out for that lifestyle.

Same here.  Dropped out of college for a semester to give it a go.  Decided it wasn't for me.  Also didn't have the cajones to just up and leave a degree/job to see if I could make it as a session drummer.  Now I fill in locally here and there.  It's fun and gives me some fun money.

If any TBD bass players are hanging out in this thread, I’m looking to unload a Music Man Sterling bass in a rare white sparkle finish. It’s on consignment at a local store here in ROC, but I can pull it back if anyone’s interested...

• 5 years later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.