This franchise has no ambition to win if they keep Dennison

Yeezus

On 1/10/2018 at 9:13 AM, jrober38 said:

Dennison isn't going anywhere.

They'll give him a QB who can actually run his scheme, and then his evaluation will begin. 

Where we getting that guy?  Even if we can get him in the draft it's a crapshoot because his scheme is all reads and timing. 

2018 is going to suck with out a veteran QB if we start a rookie. Keep Taylor. Let him do something for 2018.

If it's Peterman I'm cashing out for the season.

I bet Kyle is waiting to see what we do at QB. I bet if it's not Taylor or a solid vet he retires 

4 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Where we getting that guy?  Even if we can get him in the draft it's a crapshoot because his scheme is all reads and timing. 

2018 is going to suck with out a veteran QB if we start a rookie. Keep Taylor. Let him do something for 2018.

I bet Kyle is waiting to see what we do at QB. I bet if it's not Taylor or a solid vet he retires 

That's actually how I see it as well.  

"get him a QB that can run his scheme"

what scheme exactly? the same one that would rank bottom 5 in the league in rushing if not for Shady? The scheme that has never statistically been top 10 in passing? 

You don't go anywhere in the NFL with a run first offense, get this **** out of here. its 2018 for !@#$s sake. 

I think the Bronco fan's are laughing their arse's off now.......should always heed at the disfunction that MR. D brought upon the prior team....and yes it was kubiak that made the calls & the broncos won due to their stout defence.....

14 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I think people are making the mistake with Dennison of only asking "was the offense good?" rather than once they determine that the answer is "no" following up with "why was the offense not good?"

I have to tell you other than the last three games I have watched every single Bills game this season 3 times over.  The original TV broadcast, the condensed game version and the all22 coaches film.  My personal view remains that execution has been a bigger issue than scheme and playcalling all year.  It is also not true to say that Rick Dennison has not adapted.  The percentage of shot gun snaps for Tyrod has been higher after the bye and they definitely incorporated some more Greg Roman esque run concepts into the playbook after the bye too.  That isn't to say the scheme has been hugely varied or creative.... it hasn't.... it's been a pretty standard WCO with the stretch zone base concept.  But I have always been of the view as a coach that until your players have mastered the basics it is hard to get too far away from it - and this group never really mastered the basics.  (....)

That isn't to say I want Dennison to stay.  I question the offensive coaching this year more for its teaching ability than its schematics.  Why didn't the players seen to master the fundamentals of the offense?  In fairness to Juan Castillo who I have been very critical of before and since his hiring his unit did show growth towards the end of the year after a bit of a horror show at the Jets.  By the end of the season our line was closer to its 2016 form.  The receivers, however, got worse as the year went on.  Some of the depths in their route running was frankly shambolic.  (....) I think it is absolutely fair to ask whether the Quarterbacks coach and Coordinator are the type of coaches you want working with a highly prized rookie Quarterback in 2018 and beyond.  It is in answering that question rather than in answering questions about our 2017 offense that I find the most persuasive argument to make a change.   

You are  my hero, Gunner!  I abandoned my Gamepass.  I couldn't watch.

I agree that adaptation has taken place, but so little so late!  We heard they were asking Tyrod to develop during PS and RS would differ - then RS started and, "no"

Likewise on the line, I agree there has been improvement - but again, so little so late.

Kelvin Benjamin may have been toughing it out.  Zay Jones may get over being a rookie and recover his hands.  Jordan Matthews may reappear.   Does TT miss open guys, yes.  But there are plenty times guys are covered like blankets, too.

It is a puzzle, and given the evident problem with the run game, the OL, and the WR corps it's far too simple to point at Taylor and say "just replace him and This is Fine"

1 hour ago, Yeezus said:

"get him a QB that can run his scheme"

what scheme exactly? the same one that would rank bottom 5 in the league in rushing if not for Shady? The scheme that has never statistically been top 10 in passing? 

You don't go anywhere in the NFL with a run first offense, get this **** out of here. its 2018 for !@#$s sake. 

The 2014 NFC conf. champ and 2013 Superbowl champ Seahawks called.  They want to debunk your idea.

The 2012 NFC conf champ San Fran 49ers are holding on line 2.  They also have something to say.

I get it that this has been pointed out to you several times and you're not listening, but let's not plant wrong gouge in some innocent young football mind.

7 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

Could be.

From what I see, Dennison can craft a game plan that's good enough to win.  I have been converted.

My concern is can he educate, can he teach, and can he simplify enough to help a young QB?

What OC can win with a QB that can't/won't throw a pass over 10 yds? Denison isn't going anywhere. The limitations this year on offense lie with Tyrod and his abilities- defenses put 8-9 at the line and win. It's a pretty simple offense to beat. 

Couple of our wins were won with house money. Which is fine - but long term, sustained success isn't obtainable with Tyrod as the QB.