MMQB Staff Makes Playoff and Super Bowl LII Picks

According to our staff, home-field advantage will play a role in Super Bowl 52. The Vikings are the heavy favorite in the NFC, picked to win the conference by 10 of our 11 prognosticators. (There was little confidence in the NFC’s top seed, the Nick Foles-led Eagles, who were pegged as one-and-done by all but one voter.) As for the AFC champ, it was a near-even split between the top two seeds. Ultimately, Minnesota, with the opportunity to play as a (likely) home underdog on February 4, ended up tied with the Patriots as the leading vote-getter to win it all.

AFC CHAMPION: Steelers (6 votes), Patriots (5)

NFC CHAMPION: Vikings (10), Saints (1)

SUPER BOWL LII CHAMPION: Vikings (4), Patriots (4), Steelers (3)

MARK MRAVIC

bracket-mravic.jpg&w=800&q=85

KALYN KAHLER
bracket-kahler.jpg&w=800&q=85

GARY GRAMLING

bracket-gramling.jpg&w=800&q=85

Just three picked the Bills to advance past the Wild Card round.

• Like (+1) 1

Buffalo Bills... From Toilet Bowl to Superbowl Victory... That's the story line the NFL needs

I do like the 3 brackets above have us winning against Jax.. That would be a treat

Edited by ddaryl

Gary's my best friend from growing up in CT.  My fam's originally from Buffalo, so he had a ton of indoctrination through us.  A bunch of us take a trip to a home game every year, and he's among the most loyal participants.  Which is all to say, I'd have been pretty pissed if Gary hadn't picked the Bills in the wild card game!

I really think the Steelers could beat NE in the title game. I give it about a 30% chance. NE just looks like a very good team, but beatable. Brady gives them that edge though that makes them almost impossible to actually put down when the game matter most. This looks a lot like their early SB runs, when everyone said "but they aren't that good!" as NE kept winning games by 16-13 type scores.

I predict Saints/Steelers for the SB. My hope would be  Bills/Vikings, though!

There is just something special about NE getting eliminated from the playoffs. Suddenly it all just becomes exciting and fun.

Edited by TheFunPolice

Hard to see any scenario in which the Pats aren't winning it all again this year.

NFC however is truly tough to handicap. As much I as love what the Vikings have done and want to pick them to represent the NFC, not a believe in Case Keenum when it matters most.

Philly would probably be the favorite with Wentz but is probably one and done now.

As for the rest of the field, don't rule out the Falcons making a deep run again if they get past the upstart Rams in the 1st round.

But if I had to pick today, I think the Saints are one of the most balanced teams in the NFL and will probably face the Pats in the SB.

4 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

I want someone to beat NE in the playoffs so badly....

PLEASE save us from another NE Super Bowl... I just can't do another one

It will be NE or Pittsburgh. I agree, and will not watch another SB involving the Patriots. It was a pretty good streak for awhile with the two SB losses to the Giants and the AFC Chamionship failures vs Baltimore and Denver. The last two SB titles being " gifted" to NE by unbelievably stupid decisions by ATL and SEA has removed any interest in watching another Pats SB. Thank goodness Brady and BB are nearing the end.