Memorable plays from the regular season

(TL;DR version: what's the one play from the regular season that sticks out to you more than others?)

I know it's the playoffs, and that talk dominates right now, as it should. Here's a change up.

Every year, we talk about how three or four plays could have been the difference between 7-9 and 9-7, and it seems especially true this year. 

What's your most memorable play(s) from the regular season. Could be "most memorable" or "most important", or just a favorite of yours. 

For me, the one that sticks out the most was the Tre'davious White FF/FR on the screen to Adam(?) Humphries late in the Bucs game. That play has stuck with me throughout the year for some reason. Perhaps it was my way of thinking at the time that it could be one of those "three or four" plays. The way that game was playing out, it was looking bleak, a similar feeling to what we felt when watching the Bengals getting ready for a 4th and 12 on Sunday. The Bucs had just come back to go up 7 with something like 4+ minutes remaining. They had all the momentum.

Then Taylor connected with Thompson deep down the sideline (and IIRC added 15 yards for a defenseless receiver penalty), and tied it very soon after. But that left over 2 minutes on the clock, and I was sure that the Bucs would drive the field, kill clock, and win with a FG at the very least. First play after kickoff was that screen, and the rookie came in and punched the ball out (he got some mask, too). I remember when they showed the replay, it looked like he was aiming right for Humphries' face. Good awareness by a rookie CB 5+ games into his career.

That play allowed the Bills to kill most of the clock and add the GW points. Otherwise, who knows how it would have played out. Bucs could have gone down and scored, and we'd all be looking back at games like that, and thinking about how we let one get away, and how it cost us the playoffs once again. 

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

Kyle Williams 1-yard TD as a Full Back!.....Priceless

Shady's game winning TD in a feet of Snow -   Determination 

Webb's season saving Pass to Deonte Thompson in the snow  -  Perseverance

White's pick of Alex Smith to preserve a 16-10 victory at the Bills 25 yard line.  Otherwise we would have lost our 4th straight... -  

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Shady's game winning TD in a feet of Snow -   Determination 

Webb's season saving Pass to Deonte Thompson in the snow  -  Perseverance

White's pick of Alex Smith to preserve a 16-10 victory at the Bills 25 yard line.  Otherwise we would have lost our 4th straight... -  

Solid season changers!

I also liked the play by Taiwan Jones. I don’t remember the game nor the situation other than that it was 3rd and long and I think he caught a swing pass and weaved his way thru the defense making moves and breaking tackles and reached out and got the 1st down. I think it was the play when the players on the sidelines went nuts afterwards.

Brandon Tate picking up the first down against the Raiders, and the entire sideline rallying around him on the sideline like he scored the game-winning touchdown. The announcers initially thought a fight broke out, just an awesome display of what being a team is about.

1 hour ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

I also liked the play by Taiwan Jones. I don’t remember the game nor the situation other than that it was 3rd and long and I think he caught a swing pass and weaved his way thru the defense making moves and breaking tackles and reached out and got the 1st down. I think it was the play when the players on the sidelines went nuts afterwards.

I think that was the Bucs game as well, right before the Bills scored the final points of the game. It helped kill off extra clock before scoring. 

How about that crazy lateral play at the end that lasted almost a minute?

6 hours ago, ganesh said:

Definitely a play that no one will forget.