Arizona fires Rich Rod

YoloinOhio

Rich Rod was never really considered a "high character" guy -- questionable circumstances around his departure from WVU and a practice scandal while at Michigan are part of his story -- so I guess I'm not completely shocked by these allegations.  AZ seemed like a good change-of-pace landing spot for him; I was pulling for him to succeed out there.  Too bad he couldn't get out of his own way.  Miles is one of only a few realistic HC options that would be considered an upgrade for Arizona.   

1 hour ago, Willyville Guy said:

Yes. Today they hired Washington St.’s DC Alex Grinch as a co-DC with Schiano. I was hoping to see the Bucks hang onto Schiano for another year. 

I always felt like he probably gave Urban a 2 year commitment. I could see Arizona being a nice HC job to get back in. ASU is a wreck (Herm Edwards?) and the pac 10 is weak And the pressure to win and get the top recruits isn’t anything like it is at OSU. Basketball school.

I think we all know Grinch isn’t leaving a DC job to be a co-DC unless he knows Schiano isn’t here long. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I always felt like he probably gave Urban a 2 year commitment. I could see Arizona being a nice HC job to get back in. ASU is a wreck (Herm Edwards?) and the pac 10 is weak And the pressure to win and get the top recruits isn’t anything like it is at OSU. Basketball school.

I think we all know Grinch isn’t leaving a DC job to be a co-DC unless he knows Schiano isn’t here long. 

I agree with all of that, although I’ve been hoping that the Tenn. fiasco results in OSU retaining his services for another year. 

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.