Tidbit on Henry

RVJ

There has been massive fallout in the trade market for the Denver Broncos' Reuben Droughns and Buffalo's Travis Henry. While there hasn't been much response in trade value for Droughns since the Broncos put him on the block after the season, Henry's top suitors (Arizona and Miami) appear to have lost interest. The central issue has been the robust running back crop in the draft, where it appears quality prospects will be available into the third round.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oD...=yhoo&type=lgns

looks like we won't need to sign a back up running back

267582[/snapback]

Yeah, keep him for now. If someone has an immediate need during training camp or early season and is willing to pay then make the deal. Otherwise we will have a solid if somewhat clumsy backup RB.

Yeah, keep him for now. If someone has an immediate need during training camp or early season and is willing to pay then make the deal. Otherwise we will have a solid if somewhat clumsy backup RB.

What exactly is the market for a "solid if somewhat clumsy backup RB"? Would it be perhaps a 6th or 7th rd. draft pick???

There is always the possiblity of a training camp trade to someone who either got stiffed in the draft, or has lost someone to injury (like Philly last year).

267639[/snapback]

I agree, give him lots of playing time in camp, he should play his heart out because he will be auditioning for a starting position somewhere, and then we deal him to the first team that gets desperate for a running back. I like it...

looks like we won't need to sign a back up running back

267582[/snapback]

Nah. Someone will get hurt in training camp and we'll trade Henry then. Happens every year. Or maybe someone will decide to retire like Wickey.

There has been massive fallout in the trade market for the Denver Broncos' Reuben Droughns and Buffalo's Travis Henry. While there hasn't been much response in trade value for Droughns since the Broncos put him on the block after the season, Henry's top suitors (Arizona and Miami) appear to have lost interest. The central issue has been the robust running back crop in the draft, where it appears quality prospects will be available into the third round.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oD...=yhoo&type=lgns

267515[/snapback]

Who wrote this gem? Dennis Green?

I highly doubt Travis reports to camp if he is still on the roster at that time. My guess is that he will hold out up until the very last day he needs to report to get credit for his year of service to play out his contract, which I'm guessing but I think its sometime into the season. He don't care about no stinkin fines, he ain't going back to Buffalo and will only show up to collect a paycheck otherwise this cycle would carry on indefinitely.

I highly doubt Travis reports to camp if he is still on the roster at that time.  My guess is that he will hold out up until the very last day he needs to report to get credit for his year of service to play out his contract, which I'm guessing but I think its sometime into the season.  He don't care about no stinkin fines, he ain't going back to Buffalo and will only show up to collect a paycheck otherwise this cycle would carry on indefinitely.

267780[/snapback]

i agree.......regardless of whether henry is traded or not, we still need to draft/sign a backup RB.........henry being on the roster in september isn't good for either party involved.........

i agree.......regardless of whether henry is traded or not, we still need to draft/sign a backup RB.........henry being on the roster in september isn't good for either party involved.........

267784[/snapback]

I agree with previous post about a training camp trade. If the Bills cannot execute a trade before the draft, they will let him play a majority of time during preseason games, and its in Travis best interest to do this since he is seeking a long term deal. We would then be able to trade him for a conditional 2006 draft pick like we did with Mike anderson. With Travis's ability we should be able to get a number 1 in next years draft easily but I would be content with a number 2.

I hope we can unload him.

I can't believe everyone thought we were going to get real value for a second tier running back.  He's a slightly above average running back.

268058[/snapback]

i still think we can get "real value" for henry.......this thing is far from over........before all is said and done we will get shelton or a 1st day draft pick........