Let's say JP goes 1 and 4 in the first 5 games

Holcomb wins the next 3 games and the Bills are 4 and 4 going into week 9.

Week 9 JP is ready to play... should TD start him over Holcomb so JP continues to progress, or does Holcomb play until he loses.

Here is what I’m struggling with. TD should put the best team on the field PERIOD! Week 9, that is Holcomb as QB. JP is green with a lot of upside... but if the Bills have a good shot at the playoffs with Holcomb and an outside shot at the playoffs with JP... then we should go with Holcomb right? But JP needs playing time to develop, so when should that happen?

Damn it is late and I should be in bed... <_<

Your scenario is credible. Drew, for all of his faults, was a durable qb. JP......well, we shall see.

As FFS pointed out so well in another thread, there are many other factors to consider wrt losses than just the qb.

Dont worry, the situation will play itself out. Enjoy! <_<

Give me a break!  Stop going back in team history & digging up bad things.  We had enough of this in 1998-2000.  All you did was take 1998 and regurgitate it. 

I get it, you wanted Flutie over RJ-give it up!

267433[/snapback]

Nick has a vast collection of Fellini films. Thus his affinity for midgets.

How about this scenario instead?

Bills start off 9-2, then move to Albequerque. They continue to lock up the top seed in the AFC with a 13-3 record. If they win the Superbowl, does it count as a championship for Buffalo, since they played the majority of their games in Buffalo?

Hmm....

Nick has a vast collection of Fellini films. Thus his affinity for midgets.

267434[/snapback]

Hold on everyone... Here is the point I was trying to get too. It is TD's job to field the best possible team... I don't think he and MM are doing that by naming JP the starter before camp starts. Let the best QB make it onto the field! What if Holcomb is this years Drew Brees?

and what is wrong with midgets? <_<

and what is wrong with midgets?  <_<

267436[/snapback]

Every time Flutie ran onto the field, I thought I was watching the movie Ginger and Fred.

Flutie escaped from the midget circus. It was in all the carney publications.