Is Kyle Williams leadership undermined by media fawning?

BADOLBILZ

May have been said, but I think the key point that's missing in your original post is that a lot of his team mates are fueling the media fawning, which I feel contradicts your final point.  For example, Peter King expectedly dedicated like 500 words to Kyle Williams in his article today, but it was largely fueled by an interview that he had with Incognito after last night's game where Richie gushed about Kyle to the point of calling him "The Buffalo Bill", or something to that extent.  There are other examples of this.  

Edited by Hurricane Marv

On 12/30/2017 at 12:28 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

It's not a racial issue.   It may affect his perception some with the mostly white fan base and mostly white media..........but it's more about not getting held to the same standard as others and as Boyst said it's more about playing favorites.   FJax was equally or more loved and he was flawed too(fumbled A LOT at the end).

You do hit on a good point though...........and that is justification.   Fans feel that acutely singling out higher pedigreed/paid players is entirely justified and I am not sure players feel as strongly about that.   They look at it more from a job responsibility standpoint, IMO.  

The thing about the Dareus hate..........Dareus is actually a guy who CAN carry a DL and can excel in all aspects of DL play.    His presence alone can turn a bad run defense to a good one.  

KW is not nearly as impactful.

That isn't weighed into the equation though............and if most people had a similar situation in their workplace they wouldn't appreciate the kind of sphere of protection that a KW is surrounded by despite the fact that they really like the guy.    That IMO isolates KW a bit from the struggle. 

Re Dareus, the mice thing about Kyle W is that I really think he’d agree with your take. Regardless, he has had 2-3 genuinely dominant seasons (2010, 2013, and 2014) and the best single game performance by a Bill in the last decade (in my opinion) — the 2010 “I praise you 24/7” game against Pitt (a SB team), in which he was in the backfield on nearly every play.

Edited by dave mcbride

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

Re Dareus, the mice thing about Kyle W is that I really think he’d agree with your take. Regardless, he has had 2-3 genuinely dominant seasons, and the best single game performance by a Bill in the last decade (in my opinion) — the 2010 “I praise you 24/7” game against Pitt (a SB team), in which he was in the backfield on nearly every play.

Yeah I am sure it disappointed him greatly that he couldn't mentor Dareus up to another level.    As I've said many times.........the Bills brought TOO MANY 20 year old early picks into this organization without the kind of locker room leadership that could impact them.   Dareus and KW were close.........nobody gave KW more props than Dareus over the years but he couldn't reach him.   

• Like (+1) 1