QB film room

Buffalo716

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

I see, well I like every part of the game and as a trainer you have work with everyone a bit differently according to their needs. Now that doesn't mean I'm going to skip the basics but sometimes people need different protocols based on how they are reacting to training.

Definitely. And it's not a knock on them either, they were fantastic 

id just try to have deep football convos and they would rather talk about my power clean...

or lack therof :P

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Definitely. And it's not a knock on them either, they were fantastic 

id just try to have deep football convos and they would rather talk about my power clean...

or lack therof :P

Lol, well my power clean sux too. It's weird I can deadlift over 600 but never could clean over 245.

I have always loved football and got into Xs and Os and would draw up plays on paper (showing my age now lol) and was thinking of ways to get better and improve my technique.

I wasn't great at football but was a much better wrestler and did the same things with that. Lifting greatly improved me as a wrestler, I went from being an average guy to being ranked briefly at 2nd overall in WNY at 177.

Lol, well my power clean sux too. It's weird I can deadlift over 600 but never could clean over 245.

I have always loved football and got into Xs and Os and would draw up plays on paper (showing my age now lol) and was thinking of ways to get better and improve my technique.

I wasn't great at football but was a much better wrestler and did the same things with that. Lifting greatly improved me as a wrestler, I went from being an average guy to being ranked briefly at 2nd overall in WNY at 177.

Thats aweosme. 

I was definitely drawing up plays on paper and making play books when I was young.

I always knew I was probably too small for the NFL so I always wanted to coach like my dad

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Thats the heart of a champion 

Yeah, people are surprised I still lift, I tell them I will never quit. You just got to know your body. I now lift once a week with doing each lift once every  3 weeks.

Squats and Deadlifts Wk1

Bench and upper body Wk2

Bodyweight training Wk3

Yeah, people are surprised I still lift, I tell them I will never quit. You just got to know your body. I now lift once a week with doing each lift once every  3 weeks.

Squats and Deadlifts Wk1

Bench and upper body Wk2

Bodyweight training Wk3

Very smart.

how long does it take to recover after your workout 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Very smart.

how long does it take to recover after your workout 

Well it used to be a week but then I fractured my L 4 a couple years ago and had to take some time off and found out I was making good Gaines with a 3 Wk schedule.

The body is funny; your muscle can recover in 24-48 hrs , your connective tissue about 2 weeks (unless you're injured it can take months) and your nerves 3-4 weeks.

If you read about training at all you will see a lot of talk about CNS burn out/ fatigue (central nervous system) and this is what really hampers strength gaines. That injury was a blessing in disguise as now I'm making better Gaines than I have in many years.

On 12/29/2017 at 5:36 PM, OldTimer1960 said:

I vote for Ryan Finley and Mason Rudolph.

i plan to watch all of these players as much as I can on draftbreakdown.com.  It will be interesting to see how we each see these guys.  I know several others will watch these guys too.

.....maybe I'm reading too much into it, but Beane himself went to scout Rudolph in bowl game...relevant?...........

• 4 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.