It is really snowing in Erie

Punching Bag

On 12/27/2017 at 12:27 PM, Wacka said:

Cold here in Cheektowaga 4degrees with -5 wind chill but we had only about 2-3 inches since Saturday. The wind finally died down.  Am in the warm house today.

My mom (91)  slipped and hit her side on the dining room table on Xmas night. Took her to the ER yesterday. No broken ribs, just bruises.  Am staying home to help her today.

Sorry to hear about your Mom but good that the situation is not worse.  Sadly for her, it does mean more time with you :D 

On 12/27/2017 at 2:12 PM, ExiledInIllinois said:

West.  But the street that I grew up on goes East now.

Didn't hear about shooting!

I went to east up until 4th grade when my parents had a house on cheekwood.I remember playing Airlines football from some kids from west..

On 12/28/2017 at 1:50 PM, BuffaloBill said:

Sorry to hear about your Mom but good that the situation is not worse.  Sadly for her, it does mean more time with you :D 

Mom is in less pain as time passes.  She normally gets around on her own with a walker.She bruised her side where her ribs are and it hurts when she has to sit up or rise out of a seat.  Have to wake up during the night and help her sit up in bed after that she can get up and use the  portable toilet we have in her room.   During the day she can use a wheelchair we have and then has to use the walker to get to the toilet as the wheelchair won't fit thru the door.    Yesterday only worked to 1:30 PM and came home. My brother starts at noon and stayed until 2 yesterday. I came home at 2 PM today.Today she was Ok on her own for two hours. She is now sitting at the kitchen table watching the Sabres.  She was hoping we could get the USA-Canada outdoor game but it was only on NHL network. She'll be in front of the TV on Sunday  cheering on the Bills.

Edited by Wacka
  • Thank you (+1) 1