Four Plays...

11 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

1 & 2 we're egregious and if I was Pegula or McD I'd be on the phone with Goodell. 3 was OPI on a underthrown ball by Brady. 4 was so late it was like 5 min. after the play. This blatant Patriot lovefest with the NFL has to end. Teams should just refuse to play them. Make a statement. When you have a coach and QB as good as B&T,  you shouldn't need the league to carry you over the goal line.

To be fair here - point 2 isn't technically correct as the extension applies to the first down marker as well. But I agree with the overall thread. Those were terrible calls, and even more egregious no-calls on the Pats at times. I know our DL is pretty pathetic right now, but half of the non-pressure pass plays Brady had 5+ seconds to throw were not because of stout OL play...Hughes was being held on 98% of the plays (genuine holds too, to where it affected his ability to make a play on the ball).

6 hours ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

It is clearly in the league and networks (who pay the league, who pay the refs) interest that the Patriots succeed and get a top seed in the playoffs, so that the  TV ratings of the playoffs are the highest they can be (which justify the rates paid by advertisers to the network, which then get paid to the league) .   Neither the networks or the league benefit from the Bills doing well, because the Bills kill TV ratings due the small size of the WNY market;  hell half of NFL fans don't even know there is a franchise in WNY.    Whether any of this trickles down to the officials is impossible to tell, but its in everyone's interest that the biggest TV draws (ie; Cowboys, Patriots, Giants, Jets, Rams etc.) do well.   No one wants to watch TV to see Charl Schwartzel win the Masters, they watch to see Tiger Woods or Phil Mickelson win it.   

Agree with everything except the golf analogy. The NFL has become the WWE with predetermined outcomes - not at all with golf.

29 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

To be fair here - point 2 isn't technically correct as the extension applies to the first down marker as well. But I agree with the overall thread. Those were terrible calls, and even more egregious no-calls on the Pats at times. I know our DL is pretty pathetic right now, but half of the non-pressure pass plays Brady had 5+ seconds to throw were not because of stout OL play...Hughes was being held on 98% of the plays (genuine holds too, to where it affected his ability to make a play on the ball).

not if you pull the ball back, same as running past the line to gain and then reversing back and ending up short. It's happened.