Comprehensive "Tyrod Taylor is Bad" Thread (VERY Comprehensive)

BigDingus

Just now, jmc12290 said:

It shouldn't be that hard.

i just don't think you need to pay that much money for a obstacle in our real QB's path. 

Also, it's very importnant that a rookie QB starts and takes his lumps early to grow from them. Tyrod has had enough lumps for a lifetime.

Again, ignoring the money and whatever crazy stuff needs to play out for Tyrod to be our starter next year, if Tyrod is starting and our Rookie isn't it's because the Rookie isn't good enough (yet).

3 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Again, ignoring the money and whatever crazy stuff needs to play out for Tyrod to be our starter next year, if Tyrod is starting and our Rookie isn't it's because the Rookie isn't good enough (yet).

Tyrod is not the guy I want my rookie to learn from.  He has some horrible habits.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloHokie13 said:

And that's horrible. Wentz is better this year because he played last year. 

I want to develop our QB. I'm okay with a down year with a QB who grows on the job. Every team in the NFL does this.  Relegating TT to Glennon-status (overpaid backup that nobody wants starting) is an absolute waste.

Who is making that argument? I like Tyrod a lot. I don't want him in Buffalo next year.

Apologies, from what I quoted you stated he would be starting next year in front of a rookie.  I don't want that at all. Don't want my rookie learning how to take a 15 yard sack every 10 plays

I've supported and cheered for Tyrod and still will until he's no longer a Bill, but I'm ready for a new quarterback.

But let's not spew riduculousness

-To further highlight this point, there is a metric called "Aggressiveness/AGG%" where Tyrod is ranked 32nd. Aggressiveness rating is defined as "the amount of passing attempts a QB makes that are into tight coverage, where there is a defender within 1 yard or less of the receiver at the time of completion or incompletion. AGG is shown as a % of attempts into tight windows over all passing attempts."

He's in the same area range in that stat as the top QB's...If you are near the top of the AGG% board, you are a most likely a TERRIBLE QB.

This tight window BS is ridiculous, you want QB hitting OPEN receivers. You shoudn't need to force throws into tight windows anymore than 15-18% of the time. Anything above that is terrible decisions, poor receiver seperation and  bad schemes.

2016 https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing/2016/all 

He's in the same area of the chart as the Brees, Roesthlesberger, Rodgers, Brady's of the world...

2017 https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passing/2017/all

Again same are of the chart as the top QB's

Tyrod doesn't throw to guys who are open in the seams or on the outside is the issue.

This stat does not show that

It's not tight windows per se, it's the into space windows.  He can't hit a TE with passes over a LB head and before the Safety in the seams, anticipation throw into the window. 

The window is large, it's just there for a limited amount of time. It's all being ON TIME with the BALL

Last thing I want is a QB forcing throw after throws into coverage. Unless it's to Benjamin (who we've not had very long) no receiver on this team has shown ANY ability to catch a contested ball ever.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

And that's horrible. Wentz is better this year because he played last year. 

I want to develop our QB. I'm okay with a down year with a QB who grows on the job. Every team in the NFL does this.  Relegating TT to Glennon-status (overpaid backup that nobody wants starting) is an absolute waste.

Wentz is better because his team went out and got Alshon Jeffrey, Torrey Smith, 2 OL, and Blount, and then traded for Ajayi too.

9 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Or it is because all the money being spent on Tyrod is the big reason to play him, fans not willing to let rookie learn and a locker room pushing for the veteran Tyrod that has been friends with them for so long. Keeping Tyrod will hurt more then it helps IMO.

Edited by xRUSHx

Wentz is better because his team went out and got Alshon Jeffrey, Torrey Smith, 2 OL, and Blount, and then traded for Ajayi too.

That helps too.  

But he worked on his throwing motion, his sloppiness that emerged later in the year in 2016, his wind up and point of release, etc etc.

It's not just the players around him.  It's tape and an offseason of work on what you see on tape.

Why should we make TT Mike Glennon 2.0?

Just now, xRUSHx said:

Or it is because all the money being spent on Tyrod is the big reason to play him, fans not willing to let rookie learn and a locker room pushing for the vet that has been friends with them for so long. Keeping him will hurt more then it helps IMO.

Tavaris Jackson and Matt Flynn really hurt the Seahawks and Russell Wilson in 2012.

Don't be silly. If the rook is good everything and everyone will be fine. If the rook isn't good, people will blame everything else possible until the rook proves they aren't good.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

And Wentz replacement is reaping the same success huh? So IYO it is the other players not the QB?

Edited by xRUSHx

Tavaris Jackson and Matt Flynn really hurt the Seahawks and Russell Wilson in 2012.

Don't be silly. If the rook is good everything and everyone will be fine. If the rook isn't good, people will blame everything else possible until the rook proves they aren't good.

Were they paid Tyrod starter pay? Or did they come in on much cheaper contracts so it was much easier to move on from them. Did those two QBs have a locker room willing to not play as hard for the rookie QB so the HC has no choice but to play the veteran?

Edited by xRUSHx

We shouldn't. I'm not making that argument. I just answered your question which hypothetically stated if Tyrod was the starter then our rookie couldn't be, why don't you want our rookie to start.

I want the rookie to start.  

They got rid of Hasselbeck the season before and rode with "inferior vets and a rookie."

The NFL has the blueprint.  Get some cheap vets who have starting experience and are known factors.  Draft a rookie.  Start the rookie unless he pukes on his shoes, or is grossly unprepared.  Start the rookie anyway after you start 0-4 or whatever.  Next offseason, sign WR and OL talent to build around him.  Win football games.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

And Wentz replacement is reaping the same success huh? So IYO it is the other players not the QB?

Wentz is better than Foles. Wentz improved after his team brought in talent around him (just like Goff and the Rams).

5 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Were they paid Tyrod starter pay? Or did they come in on much cheaper contracts so it was much easier to move on from them. Did those two QBs have a locker room willing to not play as hard for the rookie QB so the HC has no choice but to play the veteran?

Jackson was already there and cheap. Flynn was signed before the draft to a $26M deal with $10M guaranteed. If the locker room is quitting because a rookie is clearly the best option on the roster then they shouldn't be on a team. That's just not how things work.

3 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

I want the rookie to start. 

I want to know who the rookie is before I make such statements.

4 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Wentz is better than Foles. Wentz improved after his team brought in talent around him (just like Goff and the Rams).

Jackson was already there and cheap. Flynn was signed before the draft to a $26M deal with $10M guaranteed. If the locker room is quitting because a rookie is clearly the best option on the roster then they shouldn't be on a team. That's just not how things work.

That's shocking.  Almost any rookie is a better long term option than Tyrod at this point.

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

That's shocking.  Almost any rookie is a better long term option than Tyrod at this point.

That simply doesn't align with reality. I'd wager that no more than 4 QBs from this draft, more likely 3, go on to a better career than Tyrod. And I think highly of this QB class.

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

IMO if Tyrod is here next season it is because he is going to be the starter, too much money and too much support from other players that will ride or die with Tyrod only.

I did not know Flynn was paid so much, did they have a out in his contract to dump contract or trade? Eitherway Flynn did not have the same support from other players on the team he just got on over the support our current players have with Tyrod that has been here with the last staff. IMO players will stick by Tyrod just like some did with Mario and it will create a cancer the same way.

On 12/25/2017 at 9:23 AM, tannins said:

The headline should read “Tyrod Taylor is not good enough”. There’s only about 10 guys on the planet who can play this position and compete for championships and Tyrod isn’t one of them. 

This is the real point.  Those top QBs who are already identified are locked up.

Those who aren’t identified yet, are on the fringe or are good at only a few of the key things are what’s left for the have nots to work with.