Both Tyrod and Rick Dennison Need To Go

BuffaloRush

In my opinion, today's loss highlighted the big things that the Bills don't do well including rush defense, game management and the biggest problem...overall offense.  In particular QB performance and offensive play calling.  We can go through and debate which one is worse, but at the end of the day the failure to score points today (offense scored 0 TD's and just 9 points) is largely derrived from the inability of Tyrod Taylor to deliver the ball downfield and Offensive Coordinator Rick Dennison's bland play calling.

This game summed up Tyrod's entire career with the Buffalo Bills.  He made some great throws, some very inaccurate throws, used his legs to get away from trouble, missed open receivers, and held onto the ball for too long.  At the end of the day, his play was too inconsistent to bring the team back from behind against a quality defense.  When you look at his numbers, they look pretty decent.  In fact, you can argue that he played a great half of football.  While he wasn't able to manufacture a TD, he did have a nice pass dropped by Charles Clay for a TD and got robbed by a stupid call by NFL referees.  But his play in the second half absolutely KILLED the Bills.  He made some bad throws and took a few crushing sacks that never should have happened.  He also missed an open LeSean McCoy in the endzone on 4th down which essentially resulted in a turnover. 

Rick Dennsion's play calling also hurt the team.   Even when Cadet was healthy, he still put Mike Tolbert on the field.  Suspect play calling in the redzone and on 4th down put the team in bad positions and draw up passes to Tolbert and Patrick DiMarco were just embarrassing.  Basically, you didn't see any innovation from Dennison's offense.

If you are Beane and McDermott, the choice is pretty obvious.  I think you need to get rid of both Tyrod and Dennison.  My only concern is that Tyrod is the scapegoat for a very inefficient offense.  But like I said, it's more than likely a result of both.  I'm hoping that McDermott makes the right choice.

3 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Honestly if they draft a high pick QB they need to think long and hard if it’s Dennison they want coaching him up and running the offense. If there is the slightest doubt you gotta get rid of him. It could be a set back.

The concern that I have is that Dennison has a built in excuse with Tyrod.  I am really thinking that Dennison stays unfortunately

4 minutes ago, Foreigner said:

Predictable OP. Taylor could have been better, Denison could have been a lot better but the D lost the game.

I disagree... How many points did the offense produce?  9.  The defense scored the only touchdown of the game.  Anyone who thinks the D is to blame is mistaken - either that or a big Tyrod fan.  #putdowntheggnog

The problem I have isn’t just the bland play calling.... it’s that when things actually start working and they string a drive together and then he routinely gets cute in the redzone. Like the first drive when we down inside the 30 with a healthy run game and then pass 3 straight plays before a fg. 

And if you freaking know you are gonna go for it on 4th and 2. YOU FREAKING RUN IT ON 3rd and 2!!!!!!!!!! 

Edited by Stank_Nasty

1 minute ago, Stank_Nasty said:

The problem I have isn’t just the bland play calling.... it’s that when things actually start working and they string a drive together and then he routinely gets cute in the redzone. Like the first drive when we down inside the 30 with a healthy run game and then pass 3 straight plays before an fg. 

And if you freaking know you are gonna go for it on 4th and 2. YOU FREAKING RUN IT ON 3rd and 2!!!!!!!!!! 

Yes exactly.  That's why I'm blaming partly Dennison for today's loss.   Then again, when you have a QB that takes a 15 yard loss rather than holding the ball or one that can't hit an open receiver in the endzone that's a problem too.  

1 minute ago, Foreigner said:

The O is made up of the OC and the 11 players on the field, plus whoever else gets in to play.

Foreigner = genius 

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

Yes exactly.  That's why I'm blaming partly Dennison for today's loss.   Then again, when you have a QB that takes a 15 yard loss rather than holding the ball or one that can't hit an open receiver in the endzone that's a problem too.  

Plenty of blame to go round. 

Let's not kid ourselves guys and gals. They're both awful they both need to go. I wouldn't trust Dennison with a 37 and a half foot pole on a new quarterback.... keeping Tolbert and DiMarco on this team alone should be grounds for termination.... and good old Tyrod will make a nice little back up for some team to come in for a game or two....

Edited by LABILLBACKER