Miami game time

Jeff3

I have a related comment I was thinking about starting a new thread for but it relates here so I'll let it fly.  

I am down here in South Florida for the holidays.  Recently, I was offered a free ticket to the Orange Bowl (Wisconsin v. Miami) on 12/30 at 8:00.  I was also offered a Buffalo Bills v Miami Dolphins ticket for the 1:00pm game on 12/31.  

Although, I am probably going to pass on both offers as I have other family events how awesome would it be to essentially have 24 hours of tailgating and football.  My friends going to the orange bowl plan on getting to Hard Rock stadium around 3pm on the 30th.  I would tailgate with them and go to the game from about 8pm to midnight.  

Then I would have to find somewhere to sleep.  Maybe bring a camping tent.  I could sleep in the tent (or some bushes like a hobo) until about 8am when I would start tailgating for the Bills game.  

It would be an awesome feat with a bunch of booze.  All in all I think I am gonna pass but then again when would be the next time I get to see a major bowl game followed by a Bills game in the same stadium.  

1 minute ago, IslandBillsFan said:

I have a related comment I was thinking about starting a new thread for but it relates here so I'll let it fly.  

I am down here in South Florida for the holidays.  Recently, I was offered a free ticket to the Orange Bowl (Wisconsin v. Miami) on 12/30 at 8:00.  I was also offered a Buffalo Bills v Miami Dolphins ticket for the 1:00pm game on 12/31.  

Although, I am probably going to pass on both offers as I have other family events how awesome would it be to essentially have 24 hours of tailgating and football.  My friends going to the orange bowl plan on getting to Hard Rock stadium around 3pm on the 30th.  I would tailgate with them and go to the game from about 8pm to midnight.  

Then I would have to find somewhere to sleep.  Maybe bring a camping tent.  I could sleep in the tent (or some bushes like a hobo) until about 8am when I would start tailgating for the Bills game.  

It would be an awesome feat with a bunch of booze.  All in all I think I am gonna pass but then again when would be the next time I get to see a major bowl game followed by a Bills game in the same stadium.  

why in the world would you not do this?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, IslandBillsFan said:

At or near the stadium?   Brave man. 

Go tho the Bills game.  You stand a better chance of being on Live TV. 

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

At or near the stadium?   Brave man. 

Yes.  Like sleeping in the parking lot.  I could get parking passes for both events and sleep in my car.  I am also sure at some point they have to clear out all the cars for the next days events.  However, I am also sure there are people who get drunk and just leave their car at the stadium to be picked up later.  

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

why in the world would you not do this?

This is why if I don't do this I may regret it for the rest of my life.  

2 minutes ago, IslandBillsFan said:

Yes.  Like sleeping in the parking lot.  I could get parking passes for both events and sleep in my car.  I am also sure at some point they have to clear out all the cars for the next days events.  However, I am also sure there are people who get drunk and just leave their car at the stadium to be picked up later.  

This is why if I don't do this I may regret it for the rest of my life.  

BTW, how are things ..are you back to PR yet? Sorry if you have updated us and I just missed it. Do hope you, friends, and family are well.

I have been back and forth to PR 3 times since the storm.  Without writing an essay, things are still very bad.  By my estimate about 50% of homes and businesses do not have power.  About 20% of homes/businesses still don't have water.  It is a situation where people are leaving in droves and those who are staying are adjusting to the new normal.  Many of my friends are on day 97 of no power.  

I was there from 10/10-11/16 with no power.  It was a daily struggle of charging phones, getting ice, cooking on a grill, and sleeping in the heat with mosquitos.  

I am fortunate however now that I have power, water and internet.  Still my business is running at about 50% of normal.  Yesterday I went to 3 offices for my job.  Two didn't have power.  I went to a Burger King for lunch and while I was in there the power went out and they had to close.  There are not many traffic lights working so driving takes longer than normal.  

It's a struggle but I am pushing through!

Seeing how this is on New Years Eve    Will they move any games?  

Beyond that - Which games are key and would be most intriguing for the late audience over the battle for the AFCW. 

If Tenny and or Balt lose this weekend the Bills Fish game could be there to feature the end of the drought or the continuance 

1:00 PM

Bills @ Miami
Jags @ Tennessee

Bungles @ Ravens 
Jets @ NE* 

4:25 PM
Raiders @ Chargers
Chiefs @ Bronco's 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I believe they can move any game. Since they already are moving one game no matter what. They will want snf game to feature teams that will have playoff implications for both teams.  Game will have no meaning for Miami. So it’s likely gonna be tenn and jax. Or Carolina and Atlanta for snf. It’s just a possibility they could move bills game, since I believe they always change some 1:00 games to 4:25. 

1 hour ago, Jeff3 said:

I believe they can move any game. Since they already are moving one game no matter what. They will want snf game to feature teams that will have playoff implications for both teams.  Game will have no meaning for Miami. So it’s likely gonna be tenn and jax. Or Carolina and Atlanta for snf. It’s just a possibility they could move bills game, since I believe they always change some 1:00 games to 4:25. 

There is no SNF game on New Years Eve.   

edited - scheduled 

i never looked further into it

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

We will find out probably Christmas Day during the Texans-Steelers game.

If the Chargers win , I think the Bills and Ravens will both move to 425pm.

The messy part is the Jags/Titans game.  I don't think the Jets/Pats game or Browns/Steelers will move from 1pm.  

If the Jags have a chance at a bye they may have to play at 1pm as well.  If byes are locked up then Jags/Titans at 4pm as well.

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

There is no SNF game on New Years Eve.   

Yes there is.

38 minutes ago, boco357 said:

Yes there is.

OOPs.  I just found a link.     http://awfulannouncing.com/nbc/incredibly-titans-jaguars-may-likely-week-17-sunday-night-football-flex-game.html

During Week 17 of every NFL season, the Sunday Night Football matchup isn’t determined until sometime during Week 16 so that the NFL and NBC can get a game with the most playoff implications in the primetime spot (as opposed to a meaningless turd-burger, like say, Redskins-Giants in Week 17 this year).

This year, the possibilities for the Week 17 SNF game aren’t great. There are only four games pitting teams at .500 or better against one another (and one of those could have much less meaning after Week 16, considering the 7-7 Packers are clinging to their playoff life and the 8-6 Lions are currently on the outside looking in).

The Bills are mentioned but as a minor point in a reference to week 16.

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

OOPs.  I just found a link.     http://awfulannouncing.com/nbc/incredibly-titans-jaguars-may-likely-week-17-sunday-night-football-flex-game.html

During Week 17 of every NFL season, the Sunday Night Football matchup isn’t determined until sometime during Week 16 so that the NFL and NBC can get a game with the most playoff implications in the primetime spot (as opposed to a meaningless turd-burger, like say, Redskins-Giants in Week 17 this year).

This year, the possibilities for the Week 17 SNF game aren’t great. There are only four games pitting teams at .500 or better against one another (and one of those could have much less meaning after Week 16, considering the 7-7 Packers are clinging to their playoff life and the 8-6 Lions are currently on the outside looking in).

The Bills are mentioned but as a minor point in a reference to week 16.

Packers are eliminated. That is why Rodgers went to IR.