More from obd

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

That depends on how wide and how long.  

Cousins is an option for Buffalo as much as he is for Arizona, New York (both teams).  

Think about a balance beam in gymnastics. There’s a reason the guys don’t do that. A really good reason!   

3 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Have not confirmed trade package.  Here's what we do know.  Cousins is still under contract with the Redskins.  The Redskins do not want to franchise him.   It will cost them roughly 35 million to do that.  They are not sure if they want to or can sign him to a long-term deal. Prior to free agency, a team cannot talk to a player of their agent which is true but they can discuss a trade.  The Redskins are probably going to let Cousins walk and want something in return.  Cousins would not mind being reunited with Dennison (Connection to WNY). They have an excellent relationship and Cousins respects him. This is why Dennison's future hinges on Cousins coming to Buffalo.  If Dennison is fired then you will know Cousins is not coming.

Why wouldn't we wait until he is released so we do not have to trade draft picks - we would have to compete with 31 other teams for his services.   If we can trade for him, we have our QB.  We would not trade for Cousins unless a long-term deal could be worked out.  It will be expensive 25million + plus numerous draft picks.  The package we heard is outrageous so we want to confirm before we share.  Again, McDermott loves Cousins (Preparation and commitment)

Where will the money come from?  Tyrod will be traded or released after the season.  Two landing spots are Jacksonville or Denver.  Wont get much  if they wont trade a 6th or 7, he will be released.  Glenn will be traded or released.  The problem is his health that is why Beane tried so hard to trade him before the deadline.  Wont get much for him but will be a salary dump. If Kyle does come back which is highly likely at this point, it will be at a reduced salary, our fullback will be released, we are stuck with Clay.

If this does not work out, 50-50 chance, we may go after Alex Smith.  He will still be 20 million plus too but we wont have to give up as much to the Chiefs.(3rd and 7th is what we would offer)  If those both go south, we will make Peterman our #1 and will sign an experienced quarterback to compete with him or back him up.  The bills are paying close attention to what happens in Minnesota.  The only qb they like in the first round his Darnold.

I know many people on this board are saying Cousins is not worth 20+ million dollars.  I don't disagree but the reality is that a franchise or supposedly franchise quarterback will be north of 20 million.  Heck, the Bears gave Glennon 18 million to hold a clipboard.  We are used to a paying peanuts for our quarterback and that is why we have not reached the playoffs.  More to come.

Don, I was the poster yesterday they had an issue with the Cousins scenario you spoke of.

Whether you have insider info has no bearing on my views.

You say that the Redskins do not want to tag Cousins for 35 million, but want something for him.

I agree, but what the Redskins want and what they can get are two different things.

You state that Buffalo would not want to trade for Cousins without a long term contract.

Of course they wouldn't, neither would any other team.

If, let's say the Browns wanted Cousins and he didn't want to sign a long term deal, the best they get is a 1 year rental for 35 million.

So Cousins will only sign a long term contract with the team he wants to sign with.

This is exactly what Free Agency is about.  Why does he care if the Redskins get anything for him.

Think of it this way, if a team wants Cousins and he doesn't want them he will not sign a long term contract.

If you are a team that Cousins wants to sign with, why would you give more resources (also taking away resources that could be used for Cousins

to get a better contract deal) when you could wait for FA?

Looking at it from Kirk Cousins and his agents point of view, why would they want the Redskins involved in their contract talks.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Don, I was the poster yesterday they had an issue with the Cousins scenario you spoke of.

Whether you have insider info has no bearing on my views.

You say that the Redskins do not want to tag Cousins for 35 million, but want something for him.

I agree, but what the Redskins want and what they can get are two different things.

You state that Buffalo would not want to trade for Cousins without a long term contract.

Of course they wouldn't, neither would any other team.

If, let's say the Browns wanted Cousins and he didn't want to sign a long term deal, the best they get is a 1 year rental for 35 million.

So Cousins will only sign a long term contract with the team he wants to sign with.

This is exactly what Free Agency is about.  Why does he care if the Redskins get anything for him.

Think of it this way, if a team wants Cousins and he doesn't want them he will not sign a long term contract.

If you are a team that Cousins wants to sign with, why would you give more resources (also taking away resources that could be used for Cousins

to get a better contract deal) when you could wait for FA?

Looking at it from Kirk Cousins and his agents point of view, why would they want the Redskins involved in their contract talks.

It is very complicated to make it work, the Bills wlll need persmission to talk to cousins and agent.  If deal can be worked out.  Redskins will sign him and trade to Buffalo. This is the simplest answer but more complicated than that.  They want a kings ransom from what we have been told but I never post until he is confirmed by at least another source or email

We just need to win this weekend.  What do you guys think about the news on Gaines 

2 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

It is very complicated to make it work, the Bills wlll need persmission to talk to cousins and agent.  If deal can be worked out.  Redskins will sign him and trade to Buffalo. This is the simplest answer but more complicated than that.  They want a kings ransom from what we have been told but I never post until he is confirmed by at least another source or email

To me it's not complicated at all.  It's like you are looking at this from the Redskins point.

Why does Cousins care at all?  He is better off going into FA and talking to all interested teams and have his contract bid up by the teams he wants to play for.

Tell me why Cousins wants to do this trade thing.  Why would he want his new team to pay a "kings ransom" to the Redskins and make that new team of his

less competitive?

But Washington does not have to sign and trade.    

They will not put the unrestricted tag on Cousins @ $30 mil.  That cost is too damn high.  

They will more than likely use the tag that allows them to match any offer. IIRC $24 mil range. 

Or they might get off the pot and sign him long term.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

8 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

To me it's not complicated at all.  It's like you are looking at this from the Redskins point.

Why does Cousins care at all?  He is better off going into FA and talking to all interested teams and have his contract bid up by the teams he wants to play for.

Tell me why Cousins wants to do this trade thing.  Why would he want his new team to pay a "kings ransom" to the Redskins and make that new team of his

less competitive?

just telling you what is being talked about at obd.  I am not saying it is guaranteed just our thought process.  Why did we trade up for Sammy?  You have great questions I just post what we get from obd.  Many things will happen from now to the draft.  I know we want a veteran quarterback. It might be Alex Smith if we cannot land cousins. Remember what happened with josh Norman Washington landed him so they know the process

Edited by Dunkirk Don

2 hours ago, Dunkirk Don said:

They are investigating and they will eventually find the source (S/he is near retirement ) until then they are going rogue. at that time, no more inside information   Leroi says hello

How can you live with yourself if your source gets fired so close to retirement and loses everything they've worked for?

also, why is it I've asked like 3 different times about the Cousins/Dennison connection and you've not given any answer?

3 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

We just need to win this weekend.  What do you guys think about the news on Gaines 

....don't you find taht cpntrary to the Dareus salary dump or possibly Glenn?.....or are those moves to take on Cousins?.....strivtly opinion, but he does nothing for me...I'd rather over pay for a beer....the battle cry 'round here cites his non-supporting cast.....what is ours?.....Tolbert in the Pro-Bowl?......how 'bout the weekly rants about Bflo having THE worst WR's in the league?.....so we pay him a king's ransom, saddle him with a similar non-supporting cast with what, a promise that it will get better?....not my idea or prescription for success....

1 minute ago, MarkAF43 said:

How can you live with yourself if your source gets fired so close to retirement and loses everything they've worked for?

also, why is it I've asked like 3 different times about the Cousins/Dennison connection and you've not given any answer?

And, the Gaines thing never gets answered! Strange

1 minute ago, MarkAF43 said:

Cousins Dennison shannan. U ridicule me and know u demand answers 

2 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Cousins Dennison shannan. U ridicule me and know u demand answers 

Ive not ridiculed you. I've asked questions. And all you did was throw together three names that have been in Washington and Denver. However nothing I found in dennisons coaching history shows he was in Washington with Cousins. So where's the connection?

7 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Why did we trade up for Sammy?   What do you guys think about the news on Gaines

This is why very few believe anything you say. Even if you had Iron Clad, Guaranteed, easily verified information, most wouldn't believe you because you're such a Richard.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalomatt1027 said:

Cousins is terrible (realistically an average QB) ..... why the heck would the Bills want him? 

...average is probably better......but there is stupid money out there to pay for that type of mediocrity as clubs do desperate things....and mediocrity does breed contempt.....how many of the TBD pundits wanted Glennon?.....15 mil ridin' the pine makes sense, right?...

14 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

But Washington does not have to sign and trade.    

They will not put the unrestricted tag on Cousins @ $30 mil.  That cost is too damn high.  

They will more than likely use the tag that allows them to match any offer. IIRC $24 mil range. 

Or they might get off the pot and sign him long term.  

Every time you tag the previous years pay goes up.

24 million + 20% = 28.8 million

If they use the exclusive again its a 44% bump.

If the Redskins tag him it will be the 3rd.  Cousins will be a FA the year after no matter what.

Just now, ColoradoBills said:

Every time you tag the previous years pay goes up.

24 million + 20% = 28.8 million

If they use the exclusive again its a 44% bump.

If the Redskins tag him it will be the 3rd.  Cousins will be a FA the year after no matter what.

...logic says yes versus 34 mil....then again, you're talking about Boy Danny Snyder and His Gang of Misfits, so ANYTHING is possible....