Ideally, this is how the next 6 months play out regarding team & QB

At some point early in the off season, the Bills are going to make a decision whether to pursue a quality veteran QB (either via trade or free agency) or to attempt to draft a projected starter, and possibly signing a third tier veteran as backup insurance.  The decision will depend mostly on the cost and quality of available veteran QBs.  This is a prediction, not inside information.  I also think it is common sense.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/baker-mayfield-to-the-browns-new-cleveland-gm-john-dorsey-says-hes-already-scouted-heisman-qb/95-499196820?scroll=0

Well all the pre-draft stuff has started.

If it were true that the Browns loved Baker Mayfield, I wonder if they would try to trade down in the 1st round to acquire him and pick up more draft picks... again.

If so... trade up with them to ensure Darnold/Rosen???

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/baker-mayfield-to-the-browns-new-cleveland-gm-john-dorsey-says-hes-already-scouted-heisman-qb/95-499196820?scroll=0

Well all the pre-draft stuff has started.

If it were true that the Browns loved Baker Mayfield, I wonder if they would try to trade down in the 1st round to acquire him and pick up more draft picks... again.

If so... trade up with them to ensure Darnold/Rosen???

Would be the cats ass right there!

• Haha (+1) 1

I think there are 3 QBs this year that have a really good chance of being very good. Rosen, Darnold and Allen. Those are the only QBs I want to see in a Bills uniform and I would gladly give up both 1sts and a 2nd next year plus a midround pick to make that happen. We have many holes to fill, I understand that but those positions can be filled in free agency, QB cannot be filled in free agency. Mortgage everything for Rosen, Darnold or Allen.

7 hours ago, NewDayBills said:

I think there are 3 QBs this year that have a really good chance of being very good. Rosen, Darnold and Allen. Those are the only QBs I want to see in a Bills uniform and I would gladly give up both 1sts and a 2nd next year plus a midround pick to make that happen. We have many holes to fill, I understand that but those positions can be filled in free agency, QB cannot be filled in free agency. Mortgage everything for Rosen, Darnold or Allen.

As I've said I really don't watch college ball, but from the little I know and have seen, Josh Allen looks to me like he could be a Josh Freeman type of bust.

18 hours ago, TigerJ said:

At some point early in the off season, the Bills are going to make a decision whether to pursue a quality veteran QB (either via trade or free agency) or to attempt to draft a projected starter, and possibly signing a third tier veteran as backup insurance.  The decision will depend mostly on the cost and quality of available veteran QBs.  This is a prediction, not inside information.  I also think it is common sense.

Its the first option that is available.  Cousins and a qb they value above Taylor.  At the combine i would have alot of discussions with Indy.  For the possibility of making a draft day trade with them and also the trade availability of Andrew Luck.  A trade up will be required to get the top guys.  Idk if I would be comfortable with Mayfield.  He is not the athlete that Wilson or Brees were.  Those are the only shorter guys with alot of success.  Allen is going to be the most scrutinized prospect and teams will either love or hate him.  His size arm and athleticism will guarantee a team in the top 10 will fall in love with him.  

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

you want the truth or a story that sounds good? 

umm  no.    I don't expect Frank to muck up his first draft 

Not exactly the truth... just your opinion, because I'd argue that trading down to acquire at least 2 first round draft picks (and probably one more later round pick) to help shore up the OL in front of your potential All-World QB wouldn't be "mucking up" his first draft.

OR

Trading the QB he inherited with a questionable injury history even if he's medically cleared for players/draft picks while drafting one of the 2-3 best QBs in one of the seemingly best draft classes in decades doesn't seem like "mucking up" his first draft.

There's a price for everything.  The Colts pick at #3 and/or Andrew Luck I'm sure are in play.  And given McDermott's and Beane's pretty obvious intent to get a Franchise QB this offseason, they would be one of probably just 3 or 4 teams we'll realistically be dealing with.