Ryan Shazier update - spinal surgery

YoloinOhio

this is AWESOME.... anytime I see something like this it hits home for me. my father, while riding, had a horse come over backwards on him. the horn of the saddle punctured a lung and his middle vertebrate were basically pulverized in pieces..... it took 3 weeks for a toe wiggle. 2 months for a walker and then another 6 months before he was walking without the assistance of a cane. he'll never be the same but he can at least get around. 

the scary part about these back injuries is doctors really have no clue how these recoveries will go or how long they will take. sometimes progress is made over YEARS, and the unknown is terrifying. every couple of days I check in on this situation and it warms my heart to see his standing.

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

Steelers see role for LB Shazier with team in 2018

Ryan Shazier is still recovering from a spinal injury he suffered in December, but the Pittsburgh Steelers see the linebacker continuing to be part of their organization moving forward.

"I expect Ryan is going to be here one way or the other and have a role on the team one way or other in 2018," Steelers owner Art Rooney II said Thursday, per Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.