Fred Miller signs with Bears.

PIZ

Bears | Miller Agrees to Five-Year Deal - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 7 Mar 2005 12:57:34 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Chicago Bears have agreed to a five-year deal with free agent OT Fred Miller (Titans). Financial terms were not disclosed.

TD is just waiting patiently for the Cards to just say "OK". I think the Cards were hoping TD would pull the trigger early when he heard the Bears were interested as well, jacking the price up.

Sounds like TD may have called the bluff.

TD is just waiting patiently for the Cards to just say "OK". I think the Cards were hoping TD would pull the trigger early when he heard the Bears were interested as well, jacking the price up.

Sounds like TD may have called the bluff.

265918[/snapback]

I could live with Shelton.....but there is another OT out on the market right now....Victory Riley...

I wonder if the bills have interest

I could live with Shelton.....but there is another OT out on the market right now....Victory Riley...

266071[/snapback]

We signed Teague over Riley a few years ago. I think Riley's been predominately a RT in his career too if I'm not mistaken. I think Shelton's a better player.

266071[/snapback]

Victor Riley is a right tackle, rather than a left tackle. That being said, Victor Riley will command a much higher salary than Shelton...which is money that we just don't have under the cap. I think if we are able to sign Demulling and acquire Shelton in a trade, we will be in very solid shape. I just hope we are able to do this with some creative cap manuevering. The line would shape up as Shelton - Demulling - Teague - Villarelli - Williams...with Gandy, Tucker, Smith, McFarland as back-ups. All in all, not the greatest offensive line in the league, but at least an improvement from last year. My only concern is how long it will take for the left side of the line to "jell".

Victor Riley is a right tackle, rather than a left tackle.  That being said, Victor Riley will command a much higher salary than Shelton...which is money that we just don't have under the cap.  I think if we are able to sign Demulling and acquire Shelton in a trade, we will be in very solid shape.  I just hope we are able to do this with some creative cap manuevering.  The line would shape up as Shelton - Demulling - Teague - Villarelli - Williams...with Gandy, Tucker, Smith, McFarland as back-ups.  All in all, not the greatest offensive line in the league, but at least an improvement from last year.  My only concern is how long it will take for the left side of the line to "jell".

266080[/snapback]

Plus, Riley is awesome on Madden!