[Misleading Title]Personal decisions this year- very, very poor

Foreigner

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 10:26 AM, Bills Pimpin' said:

Lets be clear... It's not the way YOU would do a rebuild. And based on this post, thank God you are not in charge. 

If you honestly think the likes of Mike Gillislee, Reggie Ragland, Kevan Seymour, Goodwin and some dude named Lee are going to make a stitch of difference in the Bills quest to win the Superbowl then there is no sense in even discussing the topic with you. Those players are insignificant.

Darius and Watkins are the only players that can even be in the conversation of being impact players on a championship team and were deemed replaceable for the money they were making or were going to make in addition to character issues. Spot on moves in my opinion.

The rest of your ramblings about Bradham, Dimarco, Tolbert etc. are just that...ramblings.

The reasons for decisions this regime are making are obviously so far over your head you should probably just sit back as see how they play out without trying to analyze them based on a game by game basis, week by week basis.

I never said Super Bowl

P_L_A_Y_O_F_F_S....... is the first goal....... baby steps my friend...they would be fighting for home field playoff game right now if they had kept the good players. I have analyzed all this many times. Bills win with talent not with scrubs. I never mentioned any "Lee" and there were no ramblings with Tolbert Dimarco, they are the two biggest mistakes the regime have made. By signing them and keeping them they neglected the b/u RB positon in a way not seen since Dick Jauron signed Bears cast off, Anthony Thomas A-Train with no motor left, and dumped faster better RB's in preseason.

You do not get rid of good young talent in a rebuild. Look it up it is at "rebuild101.com"

Edited by cba fan

On 12/4/2017 at 2:09 PM, Foreigner said:

Guys. The future is now. The NFL is a now league, and with the decisions made this year, what makes

you think this group knows how to make decisions.

Are you forgetting , as long as Beane and McDermott have been in the NFL no one, not one team

hired them for the positions they are in now.

Maybe management made all the great decisions with the Sabres. Haven't checked lately, how are they

doing in the NHL?

Nah, the NFL isn't a now league. If it were, picking Wentz was a terrible decision because he wasn't very good as a rookie. If it were a now league, maybe half of all new coaching hires would lose their jobs after a year.

An As soon as possible league maybe. 

I have to say your "not one team hired them for the positions they are in now," line cracked me up. That's just a plain old dumb argument. Some first-time guys are awful. Some are great. Nobody had hired Tomlin before the Steelers did either. Both Beane and McDermott are very young, it's no surprise nobody'd hired them before.

Agreed they might be failures. Or successes. As usual we'll just have to see.

On 12/6/2017 at 4:40 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

The issue is that by most accounts, the players we got rid of were all young and could have been building blocks for the future.  Now we have to fill all those holes with a few draft picks that honestly will bust a lot more often than hit.  

Trading Sammy and Dareus were the 2 that to me were mistakes.  I find it funny that so many people were upset with Sammys injury history, when in reality the main issue was one long lingering injury that has NEVER reoccured in a player in NFL history once fully recovered from.  The mistake was bringing him back before it was fully recovered...but then the same people were stoked to get an injury prone Kelvin Benjamin who has had was more serious injuries and to his knees.  

Dareus I didn't have an issue so much with the trade as much as I did with the compensation.  Not only did we give away Darues for essentially nothing, we pretty much gave away a future first or 2nd round pick too...because thats what we will HAVE to spend to TRY and replace him because we desperately need DL help now and that 6th rounder isn't going to net anywhere close to enough to replace him unless we hit lighting in a bottle.  

You're wrong about Sammy's injury history.  It's been only one injury since May of 2016, but he had a very large assortment of other injuries before that.

http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/sammy-watkins/6937

I like Sammy and would've loved to keep him but we simply need a QB more. Good trade, IMHO.

Milano should be on the field for almost every defensive snap. Preston Brown should be playing SLB not MLB. Alexander never fit this defense and shouldn’t have been brought back at all. Zach Brown did fit it and should have been brought back. Groy would probably give us more then Ducasse. We probably could have used more speed or depth behind Shady at RB. Tyrod just never fit what we were apparently going to force him to do. Never should have been brought back even at half price. We should have brought in more drop back passers in the offseason. Might have been better off keeping Cardale Jones. No reason to trade Ragland before he ever even played. Dareus was worth the aggravation if not for anything other then stopping the run.

This roster has almost no direction IMO. We have old slow guys playing significant time all over the field on defense. We have almost no speed on the outside at WR. We are asking our qb to do the things he obviously can’t do. We are probably accidentally built to play like the Tebow Broncos and that almost would probably work, but instead we just play a totally different way. I have never understood any of what we are trying to do on either side of the ball.

5 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Nah, the NFL isn't a now league. If it were, picking Wentz was a terrible decision because he wasn't very good as a rookie. If it were a now league, maybe half of all new coaching hires would lose their jobs after a year.

An As soon as possible league maybe. 

I have to say your "not one team hired them for the positions they are in now," line cracked me up. That's just a plain old dumb argument. Some first-time guys are awful. Some are great. Nobody had hired Tomlin before the Steelers did either. Both Beane and McDermott are very young, it's no surprise nobody'd hired them before.

Agreed they might be failures. Or successes. As usual we'll just have to see.

You're wrong about Sammy's injury history.  It's been only one injury since May of 2016, but he had a very large assortment of other injuries before that.

http://sportsinjurypredictor.com/player/sammy-watkins/6937

I like Sammy and would've loved to keep him but we simply need a QB more. Good trade, IMHO.

This is the NFL, players get dinged all the time every week and are always on the injury report.  Go look at Julio Jones report on that same site, SUBSTANTIALLY worse.  Put in our own Kelvin Benjamin too.

The reality is Sammy had one serious injury with the foot that lingered due to coming back from it too soon before it had healed.  Everything else prior to that was very minor and impacted his availability very little.  And the foot injury is one that NEVER has occurred in an NFL player a 2nd time after full recovery.  

So, no disrespect, but I definitely disagree with your post on this.   And this "predicting" website really isn't worth much, it belongs to a football gambling and fantasy subscription site and its some algorithm they made up to provide useless data that fantasy players and gamblers think they need so they will pay for it.  Its not like its backed by medical science in any capacity, its a gambling service.

I do agree about getting a great QB in here, I just think we did not need to trade Sammy to do so.  Had we not had traded him, we would still have 2 firsts, a 2nd, and 2 thirds.  Not to mention Sammy to give the new QB a great weapon to develop with.  I can live with the trade as compensation wasn't terrible in Gaines and a 2nd, but I would still choose Sammy over that ESPECIALLY since we are likely bringing in some high QB prospect who would benefit greatly from having Sammy.