Peter King knocks Woodsen

RVJ

Didn't like: The Raiders franchised a lousy player, and now they might be stuck with him. His name is Charles Woodson, and his last great game was in Ann Arbor eight years ago. The Raiders, clearly trying to get some fish to bite on Woodson, franchised him before free agency began, meaning if a team wanted him, the team would have to trade the Raiders up to two first-round picks for him. (Oakland, certainly, would take less, because the guy has played so inconsistently as a pro.) But Woodson, as I said last week, surprised the Raiders by signing the franchise tender offer of $10.5 million.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writ...ing/03/07/mmqb/

Didn't like: The Raiders franchised a lousy player, and now they might be stuck with him. His name is Charles Woodson, and his last great game was in Ann Arbor eight years ago. The Raiders, clearly trying to get some fish to bite on Woodson, franchised him before free agency began, meaning if a team wanted him, the team would have to trade the Raiders up to two first-round picks for him. (Oakland, certainly, would take less, because the guy has played so inconsistently as a pro.) But Woodson, as I said last week, surprised the Raiders by signing the franchise tender offer of $10.5 million.

265360[/snapback]

Raiders GM = TD wannabe

265360[/snapback]

gimme a break. woodson has had a couple of terrific, pro-bowl level season with the raider since joining them in 98. typical king ...

King loves to rip on Bledsoe. I'd like to see those two in a bar fight. Bledsoe would break a Pabst Blue Ribbon over Kings head and King would throw a scalding Half-Latte Half-Decaf in Drew's eyes.

Out of nowhere Favre jumps in.

LOL. PK=DB=RJ

King loves to rip on Bledsoe. I'd like to see those two in a bar fight. Bledsoe would break a Pabst Blue Ribbon over Kings head and King would throw a scalding Half-Latte Half-Decaf in Drew's eyes.

LOL. PK=DB=RJ

265523[/snapback]

I thought PBR only came in cans.

LOL. PK=DB=RJ

265523[/snapback]

He is a Pats Apologist and would like to suck up to the Pats anyway he can.

The day Drew was released by the Pats, he became a bad player in Kings

perspective.

Five years, $20 million, including $9 million to sign riveria.  4 mil a year isnt too bad for a pro bowl guard.

265455[/snapback]

Much better contract (team wise) than we gave Ruben Brown a number of years back, IIRC.