Uh, Guys...the real problem ain't the Offense...

Domdab99

The problem is that NO side of the ball is playing well---or even a PART of one side of the ball...

They can't stop the run, they can't cover, they can't get off the field on 3rd downs, they can't get turnovers, they can't force a punt, they can't pass protect, they can't throw the ball downfield, they can't punt, they can't block on special teams...

The only good thing they are doing somewhat OK is run blocking for McCoy and that is spotty and covering kicks on special teams.  And Hauschka...

And that's not going to win many games...I don't care WHAT league you are playing in

Edited by matter2003

4 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

To be fair to the defense, the did stop the first non pick-6 Nat Peterman int. 

But then, ya know, they still had 3 more to go.

The first 20 points came off of turnovers... I mean, yea the defense can only do so much. 

The D forced a punt late 3rd quarter or early 4th for the first time in 2 games.  That's on them!

O and D both suck!

21 minutes ago, PABillsfan23 said:

Wow i can’t believe some people are actually making excuses for the defense. 

How many receivers were running free all over the field on EVERY SINGLE PLAY?  They can't cover ANYBODY.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Domdab99 said:

they do, but this defense is way worse 

This is becoming reminiscent of the Wanny defense that gave up 52, 45, and 50 points in the same season. Granted, not all in consecutive weeks, but every week showed how bad the run defense (and pretty much the entire defense) was. Wanny & Chan kept insisting they had the right scheme, despite the opposite being blatantly obvious.

They were gone after that season.

11 hours ago, BuffalOhio said:

How many receivers were running free all over the field on EVERY SINGLE PLAY?  They can't cover ANYBODY.  

Now, I wasn't terribly upset with having Keenan Allen on my fantasy team, but yikes.

I saw this while at the Tampa game - receivers are finding soft spots all over the place and everyone is WIDE open. It's almost like the opposing offense knows exactly what the defense will be doing on every play.