Why not turn the tables on Asian Carp?

Cripple Creek

I hear there is great sport in catching the Asian Carp... resembles the fight of a large mouth bass!!! Also a great source of protein for those of us who prefer to feed our dogs a raw diet 

And if there is anyone that knows everything about fish and game, it’s this guy! ????

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6324896

http://dogfoodchat.com/forum/#/topics/13903

He he... Now you got me started.

It's the invasive salmon in the Middle Lakes that's causing the mismanagement of The Lakes fishery and leaving door wide open for the carp.

Carp are not the problem.  Gov't is.

15 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Let them in. Terrific source of protein for humans and their pets. Revive the fishing industry. Revive the fish processing industry.

http://ilrdss.isws.illinois.edu/pubs/govconf2007/session2c/SteveShults.pdf

http://www.sfishinc.com/stollerfisheries/speciesoffish.html

I have been saying this for 20 years.  Asian carp is the most widely eaten type of fish in the world, outside picky North American diets, food biases, and stereotypes.

/ sarcasm Who doesn't like a giant bipartisan gov't boondoggle! /sacasm

7 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

It's the invasive salmon in the Middle Lakes that's causing the mismanagement of The Lakes fishery and leaving door wide open for the carp.

I have been saying this for 20 years.  Asian carp is the most widely eaten type of fish in the world, outside picky North American diets, food biases, and stereotypes.

What’s with all the sarcasm? Are you suggesting that those Asian Carp are the issue????

Have you see the the nutritional facts and read up on the sport fishing of these fish???

where else can you catch or hunt anything on an unlimited amount and kill them with any means possible aside from explosives 

GREAT for bow fishing!!!!

15 minutes ago, CountryCletus said:

I hear there is great sport in catching the Asian Carp... resembles the fight of a large mouth bass!!! Also a great source of protein for those of us who prefer to feed our dogs a raw diet 

And if there is anyone that knows everything about fish and game, it’s this guy! ????

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/6324896

http://dogfoodchat.com/forum/#/topics/13903

"Sport fish" in Europe... But they won't bite a baited hook.  Gotta snag.  Use bread or corn, even set up a trotline.

Heck, just barrel down the river at 2500 rpms @ low water and the silver carp will jump in your boat.  Set up a bow fishing rig and 55 gallon drum in a jonboat... And shoot them when they jump... Go at bighr and spotlight them too! Big fun!

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

"Sport fish" in Europe... But they won't bite a baited hook.  Gotta snag.  Use bread or corn, even set up a trotline.

Heck, just barrel down the river at 2500 rpms @ low water and the silver carp will jump in your boat.  Set up a bow fishing rig and 55 gallon drum in a jonboat... And shoot them when they jump... Go at bighr and spotlight them too! Big fun!

Oh- so you’re on board!!! For a second I thought you were against them! So many people these days are going delusional over these precious critters

2 minutes ago, CountryCletus said:

What’s with all the sarcasm? Are you suggesting that those Asian Carp are the issue????

Have you see the the nutritional facts and read up on the sport fishing of these fish???

where else can you catch or hunt anything on an unlimited amount and kill them with any means possible aside from explosives 

GREAT for bow fishing!!!!

No.  Gov't and the Great Lakes States outside of Indiana & Illinois are the problem.

I am at ground zero at lock... I have been watching this carp boondoogle unfold going on 2 decades... 

... I fall on the side of industry and shipping.  Car aren't a problem.

12 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Not sure why you are making this political. Food is good whether salmon or carp.  Not sure where your anger and intolerance comes from.

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

No.  Gov't and the Great Lakes States outside of Indiana & Illinois are the problem.

I am at ground zero at lock... I have been watching this carp boondoogle unfold going on 2 decades... 

Why is government the problem, and what the heck does the government have to do with fishes 

1 minute ago, CountryCletus said:

Oh- so you’re on board!!! For a second I thought you were against them! So many people these days are going delusional over these precious critters

Yep!  People here simply refuse to accept where I am coming from!  I am a lock operator.  But that has no bearing on my position.  I see the DNR clustephuck with my own eyes, 24/7/365... I have my eyes on this for decades?

I side with the southern states and industry.  

3 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

So you are saying let’s do away with government? lol 

2 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Not sure why you are making this political. Food is good whether salmon or carp.  Not sure where your anger and intolerance comes from.

Because it is very political.  The Great Lakes states have no clout anymore.  They are mismanagement of The Lakes by fighting invasives with invasives is leaving the door wide open.

Just now, mead107 said:

So you are saying let’s do away with government? lol 

In this situation yes.

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yep!  People here simply refuse to accept where I am coming from!  I am a lock operator.  But that has no bearing on my position.  I see the DNR clustephuck with my own eyes, 24/7/365... I have my eyes on this for decades?

I side with the southern states and industry.  

So you’re with us.... you’re cool with the carp...  that’s good... because I was gonna say- if you were grumpy with anything, it should be with yourself and your Army buddies who let them through the locks and into the lake.... 

2 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Because it is very political.  The Great Lakes states have no clout anymore.  They are mismanagement of The Lakes by fighting invasives with invasives is leaving the door wide open.

In this situation yes.

Why would Great Lake states hold more clout that any other state???

1 minute ago, CountryCletus said:

So you’re with us.... you’re cool with the carp...  that’s good... because I was gonna say- if you were grumpy with anything, it should be with yourself and your Army buddies who let them through the locks and into the lake.... 

Oh, that kind of lock. I thought he was a locksmith. Thanks for clearing that up.  Not sure what pushing an elevator button has to do with fisheries though.