Why not turn the tables on Asian Carp?

Cripple Creek

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yes.  But much more informed than the others.  Cripple Creek is up there with you.  You Guys do think outside the box.

I want to see you live bait a hook and get an Asian carp to bite it.

Sorry, gotta go.  Got shipping coming northbound from New Orlean.

(I would have come up with a better lie.... New Orleans isn’t anywhere near Chicago)

and inwould never ever give out my secret for catching them.... some people will do anything to learn my tricks!

Just now, CountryCletus said:

(I would have come up with a better lie.... New Orleans isn’t anywhere near Chicago)

and inwould never ever give out my secret for catching them.... some people will do anything to learn my tricks!

No.  The boat is coming from NOLA to BP Whiting, Indiana refinery.

Remember:  By the time somebody drinks in NOLA, it has passed through three people.  Schit rolls down hill and shipping goes both ways.

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Salmon stamps on your fishing license bring the DNR $$$$$$.

Ohhhh, now it makes sense... he’s mad because the Asian Carp are getting no love because they aren’t as sexy of a game fish as the salmon and can’t get Illinois DCNR money from a special stamp.... it’s likely that his hate is derived from the lack of love from the ugly duckling....

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

No.  The boat is coming from NOLA to BP Whiting, Indiana refinery.

Remember:  By the time somebody drinks in NOLA, it has passed through three people.  Schit rolls down hill and shipping goes both ways.

So.... you go both ways?

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yes.  But I just took Army non-disclosure training... :P

You just violated rule Number 1!!!! Disclosed the non-disclosure....  REPORT REPORT!!!!

Ohhhh, now it makes sense... he’s mad because the Asian Carp are getting no love because they aren’t as sexy of a game fish as the salmon and can’t get Illinois DCNR money from a special stamp.... it’s likely that his hate is derived from the lack of love from the ugly duckling....

No.  Because they are wasting your 100s of millions of tax dollars.

How are they wasting my tax dollars... sorry, I’m a dense idiot 

BTW this is all public.  I can find link if you want

A 60 day closure costs 18 million dollars to national economy.  A lot of projects were built for far less than that... 50, 80, etc... Years ago.  Infrastructure is aging and big agriculture, will be the next to leave this country.

More has been spent on the fish boondoggle the last 7 years than the last 50 on economic improvements.  It's the one thing right side up in Gov't and they want to sink billions into a money pit.

18 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Lampreys? 

Lamprey has a "silver bullet".  They cyanide the spawing areas.  They can seasonal close locks, say through Wisconsin, etc... But then reopen later.

Also this:  Big Chute.  But how do you lift a 1,000 foot tow, 10,000 tons?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Chute_Marine_Railway#/media/File%3ABig_chute_acansino.jpg

15 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

BTW this is all public.  I can find link if you want

A 60 day closure costs 18 million dollars to national economy.  A lot of projects were built for far less than that... 50, 80, etc... Years ago.  Infrastructure is aging and big agriculture, will be the next to leave this country.

More has been spent on the fish boondoggle the last 7 years than the last 50 on economic improvements.  It's the one thing right side up in Gov't and they want to sink billions into a money pit.

Lamprey has a "silver bullet".  They cyanide the spawing areas.  They can seasonal close locks, say through Wisconsin, etc... But then reopen later.

Also this:  Big Chute.  But how do you lift a 1,000 foot tow, 10,000 tons?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Chute_Marine_Railway#/media/File%3ABig_chute_acansino.jpg

Fish bring in more money that the locks system... you people cost the state/federal government/Army millions of dollars annually...

Myers- please supply a link to substantiate your claims...

34 minutes ago, CountryCletus said:

Because NY is a state of integrity and they have better things to spend their time on.... #mariocuomo

“Upon thy wicked dam come down...” I don’t know why you are quoting Shakespear, but I’m still here, and still paying attention....

LoL...

33 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

Weren't the salmon brought in purposely? Anyone have a link?

Yes.  1967 to the middle lakes. To combat the alewives that moved through the modernized Welland Canal (Seaway improvement) and bypassed Falls.

Only Atlantic  salmon are "native" (nothing is native to lakes, it was a sterile melting ice cube) to Lake Ontario.

But... A whole new industry sprang up since 1967... Charter, recreational fishing, etc...

Top of food chain was the lake trout, but pollution and disease decimatef them in the 1950s lettinh alewives to run unchecked.

Stock lake trout, pike, perch... But then all that Pacific salmon $$$ goes boom. Because lakers aren't choosy who they gobble up... Even expensive stocked salmon fry.  Salmon will only eat alewives.  Remember, alewives eat what Asian carp (bighead/silver) eat. Keep that in mind.

Ever notice why last year when Oroville Dam in Cali was gonna bust... They quietly moved and protected the salmon hatchery first & foremost.  It pays the bills!  This ain't no conspiracy, just smart business from one side.

5 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

LoL...

Yes.  1967 to the middle lakes. To combat the alewives that moved through the modernized Welland Canal (Seaway improvement) and bypassed Falls.

Only Atlantic  salmon are "native" (nothing is native to lakes, it was a sterile melting ice cube) to Lake Ontario.

But... A whole new industry sprang up since 1967... Charter, recreational fishing, etc...

Top of food chain was the lake trout, but pollution and disease decimatef them in the 1950s lettinh alewives to run unchecked.

Stock lake trout, pike, perch... But then all that Pacific salmon $$$ goes boom. Because lakers aren't choosy who they gobble up... Even expensive stocked salmon fry.  Salmon will only eat alewives.  Remember, alewives eat what Asian carp (bighead/silver) eat. Keep that in mind.

Ever notice why last year when Oroville Dam in Cali was gonna bust... They quietly moved and protected the salmon hatchery first & foremost.  It pays the bills!  This ain't no conspiracy, just smart business from one side.

Or they moved it to protect an interest... why leave them there to be decimated when you can save them.... no conspiracy there... why are the expensive stocked salmon frying? Why is money going boom??? Was it Isis?

14 minutes ago, CountryCletus said:

Fish bring in more money that the locks system... you people cost the state/federal government/Army millions of dollars annually...

Myers- please supply a link to substantiate your claims...

Ports of Indiana would lose 1.6 billion a year.  A 60 day closure costs 18 million.

It's all out there... I will dig them up in due time Sue.

Remember the environmental impact vs. Other shipping methods:

Vessels.jpg